Forums > General Industry > Water marks........How do you do it

Photographer

dexter fletcher photo

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Hey guys I just wanted to get some help on how to get my name in water marks on my images . Thanks in advance.

Jul 14 06 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

Touscany Photography

Green Bay, Wisconsin, US

Assuming that you work in Photoshop, it's pretty easy.

First, using the type tool, type your name and Copyright on top of the image on it's own layer.  Make it any size you wish.  You should be able to get the copyright symbol, ©, by pressing the option key and the letter 'G'.

In the layers pallette, with your type layer highlighted, you'll see an 'Opacity' option in the top right corner.  Click on the arrow and then drag the arrow to the left, thus reducing the opacity of the 'Type' layer.  I usually drag it to about 50%.

Then flatten the image and your watermark is now part of the image.

Good Luck.  JT

Jul 14 06 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Stan The Man

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

YOU V GOT SO MANY WAYS TO DO THAT MAN.....
1-Watermark Factory
www.WatermarkFactory.com     
2- WITHIN PHOTOSHOP
where u  create a webgallery... file + automate + webgallery  u can kill  2 birds with one stone... or is it 1 bird with 2 stones.... within the web gallery setting u can resize + in the option u can add copyright information plus change opacity to like 30 and put wat eva  u want.....
3- u can just Do some fancy design save it as PSD FILE  AND DRAG IT INTO YOUR IMAGE and put it wherever you want!!!! leave it as is  or reduce the opacity

Jul 14 06 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Perez Imagery

Redlands, California, US

Jul 14 06 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

i do it the touscany way wink     then i can position it wherever i want before flattening the image

edit:  i dont reduce the opacity though, myself.

Jul 14 06 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

dexter fletcher photo

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Ok so does this mean you have to do each image one at a time?

Jul 14 06 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

Get a good book on photoshop from the library. I think there's a way to batch process or use the script. Check out script and automate.

Jul 15 06 03:42 am Link