Forums > General Industry > "friends" question...

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Ok.. you have friends here on MM. you have friends on other places.. be it MySpace or other sites.... you see that a few of your friends here are on the other places.. do you ask them to be friends there? do you tell them you want them to add you?? or is it even appropriate to have them as friends on the other sites??

So ... give me your opinions...

Jul 14 06 11:22 am Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

You do what you want,
There are no "RULES"

Jul 14 06 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Chris Macan wrote:
You do what you want,
There are no "RULES"

Wasnt talking about "Rules". I meant I wanted opinions of others.. I dont want to look like an idiot.. or want some one to think I am a "stalker".. just want other people's opinions...

Is it something you would do? or would you mention to them in an email that you saw them on that site and would they add you??

Jul 14 06 04:34 pm Link

Model

Sonya Marie

Tucson, Arizona, US

If they are "friends" they wouldn't mind at all to have you as a "friend" here or there or anywhere! (yes I read alot of cat in the hat)

Just ask the most that can happen is a rejection and then you will realize they are not really your "friend".

No harm no foul.

Jul 14 06 04:44 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I get a friend request or two per day from people I have never met, heard from, hear of, etc.  As long as they belong on the site, I add them.  I send friend requests to those people I have met in person or with whom I've had significant online interaction.  If I remember.

Right now, the friends list doesn't do much.

Jul 14 06 04:46 pm Link

Model

Jennicide

San Francisco, California, US

If you're that uncomfortable about it maybe a simple message like:'

"Hey ______! I noticed you are on this site as well as ______.com. Just stopping by your page to say hello. Hope you are well."
& send a friends request after you send the message.

Just an idea.

Jul 14 06 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
I get a friend request or two per day from people I have never met, heard from, hear of, etc.  As long as they belong on the site, I add them.  I send friend requests to those people I have met in person or with whom I've had significant online interaction.  If I remember.

Right now, the friends list doesn't do much.

Brian, I understand that.. I just meant.. I have people on my "Friends" list here.. I have seen some of them on MySpace, and a coupleo fo other places.. just wanted to know if It was proper to ask on those other sites.. I mean, just because you are on a list here .. dosent mean they want you there.. lol...

But oh well.. I will just ask or not ask as I see fit..

Thanks for the few responses I got here.

Jul 14 06 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Oh, I totally misread you.  I get it.

I have some crossover, but my MySpace is for friends.  I have a few people I only know through MM as MySpace friends, but they're people I've been hanging around with online for a long time.

Jul 14 06 04:59 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

AndrewG wrote:
Ok.. you have friends here on MM. you have friends on other places.. be it MySpace or other sites.... you see that a few of your friends here are on the other places.. do you ask them to be friends there? do you tell them you want them to add you?? or is it even appropriate to have them as friends on the other sites??

So ... give me your opinions...

If it's someone like, say, some of my friends in NY (or even a few people from here who I think are real cool), then I will definitely send them friend requests if I see them on other sites.  I don't see any reason for it to be inappropriate.  I'll tell you something though...I just joined MySpace a little while ago, and I'm noticing that a few of the guys sending me friend requests are doing it even after I've already denied them.  It's a lil' annoying, but I don't feel the need to block anyone since no one has said/done anything out-of-line or pissed me off yet.  I'm not on MySpace for Internet romance or to get hooked-up.

Jul 14 06 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Jennicide wrote:
If you're that uncomfortable about it maybe a simple message like:'

"Hey ______! I noticed you are on this site as well as ______.com. Just stopping by your page to say hello. Hope you are well."
& send a friends request after you send the message.

Just an idea.

Jenn, thanks.. I just didnt want to look like I was stalking someone.. heck you models get enuf of that from some guys... I just enjoy some of the image that they post.. and some post different shots here or on MySpace or on other sites.. If I like their work, I would love to see more.. I use the "friends" list here and on MySpace to keep track of , or make easier access to their profiles and images.  Heck.. I might just get an idea from a n image to try something similar.. not the same.. but it might be somethig that sparks an idea.

Jul 14 06 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

AndrewG wrote:
I dont want to look like an idiot.. or want some one to think I am a "stalker"..

Or someone who stalks idiots! big_smile

Jul 14 06 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

C R Photography wrote:

Or someone who stalks idiots! big_smile

hey.. I think I resemble that remark...

Jul 14 06 05:28 pm Link