Forums > General Industry > Ranting, raving, complaining, whining...

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

Ok, so I know there have been tons of these types of threads but I figured for the first time I'd like to start my own.

I had been in contact with a model on MM for a TFP shoot.  His profile stated no experience, TFP and so on.  Suddenly his profile has been changed to read very experienced in print, runway, etc, X years experience, PAID assignments only.  Not that his portfolio shows that type of experience in the least.

In our message exchange he seemed very nice and interested in the upcoming project.  So I'm really wondering do models often change their profiles to match some alternate reality?

I hate to add to the negative threads abundant on here, but the outright lying really surprised me.  I don't care if you want to paid or even what you want to be paid, that's fine.  But don't inflate your profile to match the exorbitant rates you'd like to charge.  People will either pay or they won't.  Just be honest.  Sheesh!

Jul 12 06 11:43 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Colford Studios wrote:
Just be honest.

An honest male?

Yea... sure, dating a chick that doesn’t like money!

Welcome to Fantasyland big_smile

Jul 12 06 11:52 am Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

C R Photography wrote:
Yea... sure, dating a chick that doesn’t like money!

Welcome to Fantasyland big_smile

Too damn funny!  :-D

Jul 12 06 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

More ranting from me.  (I guess I got up on the wrong side of the bed today)

If someone isn't interested in working with you, common PROFESSIONAL courtesy would suggest that they at least respond with a simple "no thank you."  I don't even need a reason. Just an acknowledgement email won't kill you.  Sheeesh!

Jul 12 06 12:28 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Kevin-James Bennett

Colford Studios wrote:

If someone isn't interested in working with you, common PROFESSIONAL courtesy would suggest that they at least respond with a simple "no thank you."  I don't even need a reason. Just an acknowledgement email won't kill you.  Sheeesh!

Sheeesh...."NO THANK YOU"

LOL....only joking. 
I really like your work.
Get a bunch of gorgeous people together and find some money for us and I'll be at your door.

KJ

Jul 12 06 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

Kevin-James Bennett wrote:

LOL....only joking. 
I really like your work.
Get a bunch of gorgeous people together and find some money for us and I'll be at your door.

KJ

See PM.  :-D

Jul 12 06 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

Kevin-James Bennett wrote:

LOL....only joking. 
I really like your work.

KJ

See PM :-D

Jul 12 06 02:29 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Colford Studios wrote:

OMG, thank you for saying that, I could not agree more.  An acknowledgement of any type would be nice for any e-mail.  It sucks when you send someone something and then you check a few days later and they have read the damn message but did not respond to it! Errrr.....

Jul 12 06 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

Rhonda McLendon wrote:

OMG, thank you for saying that, I could not agree more.  An acknowledgement of any type would be nice for any e-mail.  It sucks when you send someone something and then you check a few days later and they have read the damn message but did not respond to it! Errrr.....

That's exactly it.  I don't mind if you choose not to work with me, but it just makes it easier if I should contact someone else or not.  I prefer not to be contacting to many people at the same time.

Jul 12 06 02:51 pm Link