Forums > General Industry > The gosh golly gee feel good thread of the year

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Ok, so maybe I am a bitch, but lets try something not bitchy. Post a link to someone you have worked with in the past 7 days who you think was really great to work with.

I'll start:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic … ed00dad791

There, now that this is started I am sure I will go to heaven. If you want to go to heaven you better post too. No this is not a threat,

Star

Jul 12 06 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

There is no place in heaven for me....

...I'm not mormon-friendly.

----

But to follow the thread.. Not a model, but this guy's been ever helpful, generous of his time and insight, and most importantly: His beer!

https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=27255

Jul 12 06 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

I just worked with this model (again) over the weekend.  He's very easy going and just great to work with.  Pictures from the shoot will be posted soon.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=120414

Jul 12 06 11:15 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I like this thread, Star.  I am sure this has nothing to do with my pass into Heaven, but hey, what the heck...

https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=89995

Veena has great skin, great teeth, great hair and the BEST EYEBROWS I HAVE EVER WORKED WITH!!! Thanks Veena for making my job a little easier!

Jul 12 06 11:18 am Link

Model

Keeper

Glen Burnie, Maryland, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=28102

He's laid back and hillarious. We had so much fun together, I'm not even concerned with getting my images (which I will tomorrow).

~Keeper

Jul 12 06 11:36 am Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

Gee Star, see how the happy threads die so quickly.  I wonder if deep down people just like to be bitchy.  :-D

Jul 12 06 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Colford Studios wrote:
Gee Star, see how the happy threads die so quickly.  I wonder if deep down people just like to be bitchy.  :-D

You think?

Jul 12 06 02:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Susan Verdugo

some would say it's not the thread, but the threader.

::conscience control / damage control...whatever lets you sleep at night::

Jul 12 06 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Susan Verdugo wrote:
some would say it's not the thread, but the threader.

::conscience control / damage control...whatever lets you sleep at night::

Sure, whatever.
*yawn*

saddest part is she can't name anyone she had a wonderful time working with

Jul 12 06 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Fine, then I will. For my "Winter Faerie" series I had an awesome stylist and an awsome makeup artist. I can't link the stylist as she doesn't have a page here, I can link the makeup artist. She was very easy to work with, showed up on time despite a snowstorm, knew what I wanted as far as the makeup went, and assisted while we shot. She was also always close by in case the model needed a touch-up.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=62514

I also had a great time working with Maeri and I hope to do so again soon. She's a talented model, stylist, makeup artist and film-maker and is very passionate about whatever she gets involved in. It was fun discussing our first test shoot together; I had to keep reigning her in so to speak because the ideas she came up with were very good but simply to big for a test shoot.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=96591

And of course there's more; I've had the good fortune of working with some very talented and dedicated people. And I've never had a bad shoot because of a model or a makeup artist. If a shoot went bad (and some have... trust me) it's been my fault.

-P-

Jul 12 06 03:30 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Susan Verdugo

Star wrote:

Sure, whatever.
*yawn*

saddest part is she can't name anyone she had a wonderful time working with

The **accurate** part is that i've no need to do damage control and list the EVER SATISFIED contacts I leave in my wake.  All's good, here.

It is not I who is hop(p)ing to assure the masses I insist on annoying that, albeit my psychotic rants, there might be an inkling of niceties lying in the dark and bitter hollow that is my soul. 

oh!  and i'll see your *yawn* and raise you an *eyeroll*

Jul 12 06 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

Joi Carey

Phoenix, Arizona, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=4771

..for being all Yoda like..being funny..and making me look beautiful!

Jul 12 06 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Susan Verdugo wrote:
It is not I who is hop(p)ing to assure the masses I insist on annoying that, albeit my psychotic rants, there might be an inkling of niceties lying in the dark and bitter hollow that is my soul. 

So much for gosh golly gee feel good.

Still, I'll play.

I've worked with Christy Scott a number of times, and have been thrilled with her work and work ethic.

(Not, alas, in the last week--I've been in and out of the hospital, and haven't done any shooting in a couple of weeks.)

Jul 12 06 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Susan Verdugo wrote:

The **accurate** part is that i've no need to do damage control and list the EVER SATISFIED contacts I leave in my wake.  All's good, here.

Yeah, damage control... right.

So are you always this negative or only when you can't find anything else to do. I just started a thread asking people to post good expieriences, sorry you wanted drama.

Ohh well.... nice to know that in ten minutes I won't even remember you....

Anyone have anything GOOD they want to say?

Jul 12 06 09:55 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Susan Verdugo

Star wrote:

Susan Verdugo wrote:

Yeah, damage control... right.

So are you always this negative or only when you can't find anything else to do.
>>Funny YOU should ask, miss 2,082 posts and counting.  HILARIOUS.

I just started a thread asking people to post good expieriences, sorry you wanted drama.

Ohh well.... nice to know that in ten minutes I won't even remember you....
>>
And why is it that you are so unforgettable?  Just ask around and find out. 

It's hardly for your being "nice to know".  You have singularly earned the negative attention you're getting for being an inciteful individual (though, I'm sure you fancy yourself insightful).  And to such a degree that all artists are onto you and we are watching out for each other.  I don't even have to ask for the friends you lack;  emails arrive telling me where you're 'at it' AGAIN/STILL. 

You got caught trying to start shit.  So, seriously, lay off the pity party for one routine.

Jul 12 06 11:23 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Well, the site is slow right now so I can't link everyone, but I have had GREAT experiences with

Brian Diaz
Theda
Dyanov
Mockingbird Girl
Marksora
Mhana
Aeric Goujan
Ocean Clark
Brian Moss
Madame Psychosis
oldguysrule
James Graham
and Steve Azzara

In my last week and a half in NYC. Look them up. They all rock. And, once I am done getting the edits, there is going to be some amazing sh*t on my portfolio, 90% of it due to mm. I want to sincerely thank each and every one of these artists for contributing to my life in the last two weeks.

I have gotten so much stuff for my portfolio, and expended so much creative energy with these compelling, intelligent and talented people that I don't think I am going to be modeling very much for the next few months.

I need a vacation from my vacation......

I figure that the list above is probably all the justification my excessive participation on this site needs.
Call me a posterbator all you like, but when push comes to shove, I have met and worked with more amazing people in the last year then I have ever collaborated with artistically before.

Hate to be a groupie, but THANK YOU MM....the bestest slowest site on the interweb.

BTW, where the hell are all my fave insomniacs tonight?

Jul 13 06 12:34 am Link

Photographer

Star

Susan Verdugo wrote:

[2] No THREAD HIJACKING. Start another thread if you have a different topic.

Jul 13 06 01:23 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Lapis wrote:
BTW, where the hell are all my fave insomniacs tonight?

Okay, some of them are showing up. BTW, great thread Star. I always like it when people actually are positive about this imperfect but strangely beautiful site.

Jul 13 06 01:28 am Link

Photographer

Star

Lapis wrote:

Okay, some of them are showing up. BTW, great thread Star. I always like it when people actually are positive about this imperfect but strangely beautiful site.

Thanx, and off topic but your avatar is amazing tonight. I feel like I am seeing it for the first time,

Star

Jul 13 06 01:29 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Star wrote:

Thanx, and off topic but your avatar is amazing tonight. I feel like I am seeing it for the first time,

Star

I started a JG fan club thread just for him, but apparently his 200000000000 model fans are all asleep right now. I figured, it was aprepos to post some of his work as an avatar.

Jul 13 06 01:36 am Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

Claire La Mer 150909
Christina 124093
dreamBlue 145623
IranianLuvgoddess 35302
Kat Love 55443
Miya 2802
Donna Michelle 1353
Christine 168
Sarah 92024
Jaimie 66523
Tavia 3668
Hourglass 75925

Can't go wrong with ANY of these models!
Mike

Jul 13 06 01:44 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

damn Mike
you had a busy 7 days !!!

Jul 13 06 02:14 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Anjel Britt wrote:
damn Mike
you had a busy 7 days !!!

Are you saying that my 7 day list isn't impressive? I am ashamed.
Let me reiterate. I have been in NYC for the last 7 days and have actually shot with ALL of these people in that time.
Brian Diaz
Theda
Dyanov
Mockingbird Girl
Marksora
Mhana
Aeric Goujan
Ocean Clark
Brian Moss
Madame Psychosis
oldguysrule
James Graham
and Steve Azzara

Jul 13 06 02:18 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Mike Walker wrote:
Can't go wrong with ANY of these models!
Mike

No, you can't, but I still have a fondness for your mm theme photo of the day.....
And if you shot with all of them in the last 7 days, you may just have me beat. Damn it. Time to make some phone calls....maybe I can fit in a few more shoots in the next 18 hours I am in NYc

Jul 13 06 02:20 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Lapis wrote:

Are you saying that my 7 day list isn't impressive? I am ashamed.
Let me reiterate. I have been in NYC for the last 7 days and have actually shot with ALL of these people in that time.
Brian Diaz
Theda
Dyanov
Mockingbird Girl
Marksora
Mhana
Aeric Goujan
Ocean Clark
Brian Moss
Madame Psychosis
oldguysrule
James Graham
and Steve Azzara

You know who's missing from your list?

Jul 13 06 11:50 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

Though I haven't shot with him in the recent weeks, I always have the best time with Jack Kenney 4288.  He is such a great guy and always has great food at his shoots! lol

Jul 13 06 12:19 pm Link