Forums > General Industry > Licensing images.

Photographer

temoc

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico

Hello there.

I have a problem, a music band contacted me because they want to use 2 of my images in their dvd artwork and I've never licensed any of my images before so I don't now how much I should charge them, I want to keep it reasonable, can you guys please help me?

Jul 10 06 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

MurphyMurphy Studios

Denver, Colorado, US

temoc wrote:
Hello there.

I have a problem, a music band contacted me because they want to use 2 of my images in their dvd artwork and I've never licensed any of my images before so I don't now how much I should charge them, I want to keep it reasonable, can you guys please help me?

You don't know what to charge but, you want to keep it "reasonable" (whatever that means).   You also don't say if this is a garage band, a large regional band, or a band with a national name.  Lastly, you don't specify how many DVD's that they intend to print (50 "just for fun" or 1.0m "because we are going to the top").

Therefore, I am not sure how to answer your question.

Jul 10 06 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

temoc

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico

MurphyMurphy Studios wrote:
You don't know what to charge but, you want to keep it "reasonable" (whatever that means).   You also don't say if this is a garage band, a large regional band, or a band with a national name.  Lastly, you don't specify how many DVD's that they intend to print (50 "just for fun" or 1.0m "because we are going to the top").

Therefore, I am not sure how to answer your question.

Thank you so much for replying.

I'm new talking about business so I didn't really know what to do in this situation. I've been shooting for garage bands (just to practice the style) and I know they are in a limited budget, that's why I wanted to keep the price in a reasonable limit.

However, it seems that its a known band so I sent those details (# of dvds printed) and other questions that I had to them on an email, I'm waiting for their response so I can consult you guys later.

I'm sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes, I'm still learning english!

Jul 10 06 08:46 pm Link