Forums > General Industry > what to put in your port: the best?

Model

Bailee Martini

Jacksonville, Alabama, US

ive heard a few people talk about this, and i am wondering:

who out there does not put their higher quality work on mm?
ive heard so many people on mm say that the stuff they put up is crap compared to their other stuff elsewhere, and i can understand if you have better things to do with your amazing photos because you are a famous model or photog, but what about a newbie? who out there has something to say on this matter?

(i ask this partially because i just did my first shoot, and i only got to upload a few photos because mm wasnt cooperating, but i think i have others from the shoot that are better. ive been switching them out here and there, and im just not sure.)

Jul 09 06 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Heaps

Austin, Texas, US

the problem with putting your "best" up is that my opinino changes constantly on the shots that I like, so it's not necessarily my best as much as it is the one that interests me and entertains me the most right now.  Something about it I like.  We could all rip apart each others ports, and I'm sure behind closed doors, often do.  However, looking at a model's port is so much different at looking at a photogs port. The difference between, to be captured, and, to capture are largely divided.

But as I've read by many people, choose shots that you think are with better photogs and that show your abilities to be worked with well.

and as always..."NO WRONKLED SHEETS!"  yikes)

Jul 09 06 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Veteres Vitri

MAYLENE, Alabama, US

I think some people are worried about image theft,  some don't have a signed release, and some are just talking out the ass.

Then you have people in a similar boat as myself.  I don't have access to the bulk of my work.  If i did have access to it there are about 12 shots i've got no way to scan and then post.  My scanner won't do my lf stuff.

You also have to consider what are these people trying to do with thier port.  I just reorganized mine.  I took out the bulk of the nudity because that's not what i'm looking to shoot when i get stateside.   Some of the images are strong, but i personally think that some of the nudes were better images.

Some people just have to tailor the images in the port to the target audience.  I'd imagine a wedding photographer would have tons of strong images, but the images  really wouldn't fit in well here if he is looking to shoot glam.

Jul 09 06 03:15 pm Link