Forums > General Industry > Modleling & Location Costs & Regional Differences

Photographer

Concept Photo

New York, New York, US

Professionals in every field are interested in doing projects in places where the costs are lower.

The film productions companies have gone to Canada, Czech Republic, Romania, and elsewhere to shoot films and do post-production work.

I suppose that there is a base of knowledge out there that can be a resource for photographers who are interested in shooting photographs of models in countries where modeling fees and location costs are lower than they are "at home."

Can anyone recommend locations outside of New York where the pool of modeling talent and indoor locations (e.g., studios, apartments, hotel rooms) are good and significantly more economical?

Of course, this thread takes into account that models and location managers/owners/leaseholders are treated with dignity and paid fairly.

Models are welcome to share their experiences about how local conditions have been beneficial to them.  (E.g., photographers may flock to their region and given them plenty of work because studio rents and other local costs are lower).

Likewise, individuals who own or manage studios or other indoor locations are welcome to share their experiences about how local conditions have been beneficial to them.  (E.g., photographers may flock to their region because modeling fees are lower, food and local transportation costs are lower, etc.)

Thank you!

Jul 09 06 06:41 am Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

Just drive north a bit.
Brattleboro, VT has more beautiful women per square foot than almost anywhere. Why? I haven't a clue.
My favorite model, Isabel is from there.
The local Holiday Inn Exporess rents me a 28 x 30 conference room for $100 for a 24 hour day.
That's the bext I've found anywhere.

Jul 09 06 07:24 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

here's your other thread in case you lost it: https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=59681

Jul 09 06 07:55 am Link

Photographer

1972 Productions

Cebu, Central Visayas, Philippines

Here's something slightly off topic, but still on topic enough however.

When I arrange to shoot with a NY based model a quick chat about what we're going to be doing and everyones happy.

When arranging shoots with models from the stix, weather they're coming to NY or I'm going to the stix, they want references, to see a resume etc etc etc.

No problem with providing any of that just so not used to needing to do it.

Are NY models feeling more secure and safer than the small town girls or is it that being from NY they realise that over all we are a pretty damn safe city?

Jul 09 06 08:04 am Link