Forums > General Industry > Click Modeling Agency of ATLanta

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

So I called Click Modeling Agency (atlanta) on Friday and asked about their open calls.

The guy on the other end acted like I was the last person he wanted on the other end and before he even ansewred my question he quickly asked:

'What is your age/height?'

So after ansewring he then told me the date/time of the next open call I can attend. What does this mean? I know my stats are not fashion-acceptable so does that mean Click must have a commercial division and if so should I be bringing polaroids/prints or both?

Of course I will call back Monday to know for sure I'm just a little confused as to why he was ok with my stats. I thought he would of immedietly of told me I was too old/short or something.

Jul 07 06 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

If you thought your stats were inappropriate why are you trying?

That said:

5'8" is ok - 5'9" would have been better
34-24-35 is ok. 34-24-34 would have been better
but I'm picking...

That's probably why you got the call info. Your stats work.

John

Jul 07 06 07:25 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

He only asked for height/age. That was it.

Nothing else. And I thing it is 34 not 35. I'm pretty tiny.

But I just researched Click and apparently they do some commercial so maybe that is why.

OH GOD! Now I'm freakin nervous! I wasn't planning on going to agencies for another month. But what the hell. Just go right? Now since its most likely for the commercial division I should go with my book right?

Jul 07 06 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Here's a random sample from Click Atlanta's board

5'11"  34 24 35
5'9"    34 24 34
5'10"  34 24 35
5'10"  34 23.5 34
5'9"   34 26 35

John

Jul 07 06 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

JHicklen Photography

Rex, Georgia, US

Congrats and go and do your hang you know I am a huge fan of yours

Jul 07 06 07:39 pm Link

Model

MelissaBaker

New York, New York, US

Just some FYI about Click Atlanta that I have heard over the last few years.
I used to talk regular to a couple girls that were signed with them. THey worked ALOT and Click Atlanta always kept them making money. THey did alot of commercial, which would explain the 'little giving" on height.I have heard they were very good to their models.That was 1 year ago.
Dont be nervous. Relax and enjoy the opportunity- you look great and you will be wonderful!

Jul 07 06 07:42 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

John Allan wrote:
Here's a random sample from Click Atlanta's board

5'11"  34 24 35
5'9"    34 24 34
5'10"  34 24 35
5'10"  34 23.5 34
5'9"   34 26 35

John

Well I'll just go and quit overanalyzing it. Apparently the rumor's always been that Click doesn't hold open calls and maybe I just happend to call at the right time. He did specifically say: "the NEXT open call for you would be...." so I guess its not like Elite where you can just show up every wednesday till they finally call security on ya smile

Jul 07 06 07:44 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

MelissaBaker wrote:
Just some FYI about Click Atlanta that I have heard over the last few years.
I used to talk regular to a couple girls that were signed with them. THey worked ALOT and Click Atlanta always kept them making money. THey did alot of commercial, which would explain the 'little giving" on height.I have heard they were very good to their models.That was 1 year ago.
Dont be nervous. Relax and enjoy the opportunity- you look great and you will be wonderful!

Thanks for the info. So I guess I would definetly need to bring my book.

Jul 07 06 07:48 pm Link

Model

MelissaBaker

New York, New York, US

(My opinion on what you should do. Ive signed with a couple agencys, currently signed worldwide NYC so I do have some experience at it)

Take your book. Only put it in "WOW' Pics. It is better to have 3 "wow" pics then 8 so-so. Go with almost no make up. Use Lip gloss and mascara. Wear dark straight leg jeans and a little white tank and the highest heels you got. You want to look natural, tall and slender.Smile alot, be interested and knock their socks off!!!
If they take poloraids, you have made it to the next step where they are considering you.
I wish you lots of luck hon...Let me know how it goes, Im pulling for you  smile

Jul 07 06 07:58 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

MelissaBaker wrote:
(My opinion on what you should do. Ive signed with a couple agencys, currently signed worldwide NYC so I do have some experience at it)

Take your book. Only put it in "WOW' Pics. It is better to have 3 "wow" pics then 8 so-so. Go with almost no make up. Use Lip gloss and mascara. Wear dark straight leg jeans and a little white tank and the highest heels you got. You want to look natural, tall and slender.Smile alot, be interested and knock their socks off!!!
If they take poloraids, you have made it to the next step where they are considering you.
I wish you lots of luck hon...Let me know how it goes, Im pulling for you  smile

Thanks Melissa! Your advice is really helpful. Look out for a private message. I have another quick question for you.

Jul 07 06 08:07 pm Link

Model

MelissaBaker

New York, New York, US

Anytime hon. Hope I know the answer... lol...
Cant promise you that, but I will try to help if I can  smile

Jul 07 06 08:09 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I sent it Melissa. By the way anyone feel like letting me know what they think my "3 WOW pics are lemme know.

Usually I hate asking critique questions cause you get like 100 differnt ansewrs but what the heck. I was so unprepared for this so shoot guys! smile

Jul 07 06 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Personally, I think some of your best are:

Smiling
Behind JC Penny

I really like the fashion one with the guy, but it would be better in the photographer's book (at this point at least), than yours, you can't see your face. I'd try to do more of this kind of styled image if you can, but you should be recognizable.

John

Jul 07 06 08:45 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'd love to use "behind Jcpenney" if it wasn't such bad quality. Apparently it can't be enlarged cause then the image is blurry.

My pics are the smile one, the b and w in the collage (first pic in top row in the collage) and one more listed in another port.

Jul 07 06 08:51 pm Link

Model

Dara_w

Atlanta, Georgia, US

the director for Click is very pleasant. Go for it. Since I know they have open call I will.

Jul 08 06 08:34 am Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Argh! What a crazy day! I talked to all the knowledgeable people that I know and finally narrowed it down to my 3 best pics.

One shows my body, one shows my smile, the other shows my versatitlity (2 of em are not in my port)

So wish me luck guys! I'm gonna be a nervous wreck! sad

Jul 08 06 05:26 pm Link

Model

Jason D.

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Congrats...definitely let us know how it goes.
J.

Jul 08 06 05:33 pm Link