Forums > General Industry > guinea pigs?

Photographer

EmilyKate

Des Moines, Iowa, US

I think Model Mayhem should have an image of the day or showcase images like OMP.

Jul 07 06 10:10 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Girl... you're on a FREE website here... askin for options that OMP (Obnoxious Management Place) charges BIG money for.  They've taken thousands of members cash, then booted them off the site a few weeks or few months later... members like myself... so count your blessings... wink

Jul 07 06 10:20 am Link

Photographer

REPhotography

San Diego, California, US

That would be nice..but personally, I think it would be nice if MM would buy me a plane ticket to Bora Bora  smile

Jul 07 06 10:23 am Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

Well I think it would be nice if MM:

*Did my homework
*Walked and fed my dogs
and
*Changed Mr Kittles' litterbox
*More to come later...............you get the idea ;o)

Jul 07 06 10:25 am Link

Photographer

EmilyKate

Des Moines, Iowa, US

Wow people it was just an idea....

Jul 07 06 10:35 am Link

Photographer

REPhotography

San Diego, California, US

EmilyKate wrote:
Wow people it was just an idea....

and what a good idea it was, but I also had some ideas too smile  maybe MM should have a suggestion box... hehehe!!! smile

Jul 07 06 10:38 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The most recent photos and most recent members used to be displayed on the front page.  It's possible that a spotlight image can be shown instead.

Personally, on other websites spotlights and such are normally the result of members sucking up or paying big bucks to get 'em shown.  I'd kinda rather find the good shots and hidden gems on my own.

Jul 07 06 10:44 am Link

Model

Bailee Martini

Jacksonville, Alabama, US

its kinda like how myspace does that featured band of the week or month deal. they take a band that was underground and indie and good and a diamond in the rough, and then they splatter them all over the front page and everyone goes and adds them to be cool, and then they turn into a big pop culture deal because its popular to like whatever band tom likes. people think that they are good because they are on the front page of myspace, not because they actually are.
i dont think having a photo of the day or whatever would necessarily be good, because art is subjective, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and i think its better to find something and decide for yourself whether it is good then to have someone tell you that it is. but its a thoughtful suggestion.

Jul 07 06 12:19 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

i am glad they dont have that

its trashy

and pointless

#
imo

Jul 10 06 03:07 am Link

Model

AuLa

West Hollywood, California, US

No.

Jul 10 06 03:44 am Link

Model

kiana's place

Citrus Heights, California, US

It's been discussed several times before and the consensus is it's a bad idea. I agree I like the equality of this site not the $$$$ membership privileged few of other sites.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=32
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=2218
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=7993

The problem is it would either go to those that pay like other sites or whoever kisses ass to the mods the most.

I vote no

Jul 10 06 03:57 am Link

Photographer

PK Digital Imaging

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Or you could just post your pictures into Craig Seay's threads in Critique.. it's a fun way to share photos and people vote on a daily winner.

-PKD

Jul 10 06 04:29 am Link