Forums > General Industry > My first flake....

Photographer

Longwatcher

Newport News, Virginia, US

I have had I think 4 TFP/CD models and one photographer I was teaming with flake on me with little or no warning. I have had 2 TFCD models contact me the day before the shoot and say they couldn't make it. I have had 1 paid model miss the shoot time (she was in an accident - luckily minor) but she rescheduled as soon as she could. And I have had two models let me know after everything was scheduled that they would no longer be able to make it. Again luckily with enough advance warning to cancel or get another model.

I have luckily never had a model flake or cancel on me when I had my money out-layed before hand or a deadline to meet. One was close in that we could not confirm the shoot date until a week out and only a few days before the submission deadline.

One of those TFCD models who flaked was an agency model (her agent was trying to get more photos for her portfolio)

The most dissapointing part of a flakey model is sitting in my studio waiting to see if they will actually show up.

Just my experience,

Jul 08 06 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

That you got a notification puts you ahead of the game... more often as not the models don't show up at all and don't call.

I do occasionally hear from the model after the fact, but I have a no-show no-call policy that says *if* we reschedule, the first two hours of that shoot are at no cost to me...

I have no idea why people think that when they make a committment they should be able to just blow it off.

Jul 08 06 04:13 pm Link