Forums > General Industry > What to do if...

Model

Lucrecia

Austin, Texas, US

What should we do as models with photographers that never give us the pictures?? You have no idea about how many shoots I had where I never see the pictures...What can we do to prevent this? I just not see the point of taking all this time and effort on both sides (sometimes more if there is a MUA/HA involved) and then not using the pictures!!

Lucrecia

Jul 04 06 02:39 am Link

Photographer

Brian Ziff

Los Angeles, California, US

take something of theirs as collateral.  a dog, child, limb, etc.

Jul 04 06 02:43 am Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

San Francisco, California, US

Or just work with me instead!  I've got no life.  So there's nothing to distract me from editing!

Jul 04 06 02:47 am Link

Model

Lucrecia

Austin, Texas, US

Brian Ziff wrote:

Lol you're funny, good idea though...but I don't think they would want to give me something sad

Jul 04 06 02:47 am Link

Photographer

eric freimanis

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

everybody complains about this BUT never posts who the culprits are. Man up and point the blame to who the person (s) are so it doesn't happen to others.

Jul 04 06 02:57 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Lucrecia wrote:
What should we do as models with photographers that never give us the pictures?? You have no idea about how many shoots I had where I never see the pictures...What can we do to prevent this? I just not see the point of taking all this time and effort on both sides (sometimes more if there is a MUA/HA involved) and then not using the pictures!!

Lucrecia

Crap like this make us all look bad.......and yes as someone had already mentioned perhaps names should be posted........might weed out GWC's only looking to meet models......can't tell you how many men I've run across that use a camera as bait......all little dweebs whose only sexual adventures was meeting Rosey Palm and her five sisters......

Jul 04 06 07:45 am Link

Model

Kassandra

Coram, New York, US

Brian Ziff wrote:

I like this consept. lol

Jul 04 06 08:59 am Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

If you have a written contract, you could file in small claims court for your day rate for that shoot. It'll probably cost $25-50 to file the suit, plus another $25-50 to have them served. You don't need a lawyer.

If that doesn't put the Fear of Model in them, I don't know what will!

Of course, if they don't have the professionalism to hold up to their side of the agreement, there's a decent chance the shots won't be worth the effort. Public shaming is then your only option (there really should be an eBay-like rating thing somewhere where each side has 255 characters to state their case).

--Richard

Jul 04 06 08:59 am Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

Lucrecia wrote:

Lucrecia

Just stand over their shoulders and demand that they edit while you watch! Also carry a big stick!

Jul 04 06 09:03 am Link

Photographer

SRE96

Chicago, Illinois, US

I started doing a lot of tfcd but now have slowed down a lot as a lot of photographers said I would. Reason is this I try to capture images that will benefit all parties involved mua, stylist, model and photographer. I then shoot a good 500 or more shots with different looks so that we have a variety to pick from and are not circulating the same images to the public, for example my mua looks mainly for tightly cropped facial shots obviously so and the stylist may want full body shots. I then as a photographer have to use my judgement what photos from the special request of the parties involved are suited best for viewing. I then make edits which takes a nice long time and then give the photos to all parties involved that signed the release forms. I have found that the release forms are usually a reason why a lot of photographers do not release their images from certain shoots because their images are plastered everywhere with no credit or compensation which as a photographer does us no good. I would suggest that you first make sure you sign the release form prior to the shoot and give the photographer time to edit and select photos because remember if bad work goes out it affects everybody. Also remember the majority of photographers are full time at their craft so if a paying gig surfaces they have to prioritize so they can keep the lights on and food in the stomach.

Jul 04 06 09:19 am Link