Forums > General Industry > Looking to produce a calendar.

Photographer

Pin-Up Happiness

Dayton, Ohio, US

I have a dream of one day producing a calendar with the images I have captured but have no real clue to pricing or a place that won't charge me an arm and two legs. Any suggestions on a good source for first timers in the calendar world. Let me know if you used them or not. Should your first one be a give away or what type of mark up would you add if not giving them away.

Jul 04 06 01:10 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

PhotoIII Photography wrote:
I have a dream of one day producing a calendar with the images I have captured but have no real clue to pricing or a place that won't charge me an arm and two legs. Any suggestions on a good source for first timers in the calendar world. Let me know if you used them or not. Should your first one be a give away or what type of mark up would you add if not giving them away.

I just put in a bid to produce a calendar for a local "gentlemen's club"...
This site helped my quite a bit....easy to navigate...will figure out your costs when you input your specifications.....then just add in your mark up...

http://www.printingforless.com/index.html

Jul 04 06 07:38 am Link

Photographer

WOLF WILSON

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Jul 04 06 08:05 am Link

Photographer

Pin-Up Happiness

Dayton, Ohio, US

Thank you all for your feedback. I will check them out and move forward. Have a happy fourth of July!

Jul 04 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

WOLF WILSON wrote:
http://www.cafepress.com

You know what is one of the really great things about MM.....the leads everyone posts.....unless you sit at the computer all day searching.....you're just not going to find all the good sites everyone posts......Thanks!

Jul 04 06 11:56 am Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Seems like the really difficult part is step 2 - distribution.  Once made, how do you get them sold in any numbers that will get you a ROI?

Jul 04 06 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

WOLF WILSON wrote:
http://www.cafepress.com

Cafe Press is about as low-end as you can get. If you want a quickie calander produced at low quality and not that great a price, Cafe Press is your solution. If, on the other hand, you want quality, I'd advise against them.

Jul 04 06 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

china

Jul 04 06 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

QM Photography

Manassas, Virginia, US

Jul 04 06 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Jul 04 06 12:18 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Curt Burgess wrote:
Seems like the really difficult part is step 2 - distribution.  Once made, how do you get them sold in any numbers that will get you a ROI?

There is no easy way.....about 8 years ago I produced a line of greeting cards using my photos and copy.....after I had them produced.....packaged for sale.....I did the leg work...and it was NOT easy....I sold the line to drug stores, convenience stores....anywhere that displayed cards....except for major card store.....took a while but I sold them all.....

Not sure where you're located but if you are near any tourist spots....those a good places to start....

Jul 04 06 07:24 pm Link