Forums > General Industry > nudes nudes and more nudes

Photographer

Plastercasting

Wichita, Kansas, US

I like to think that I used MM for a constructive purpose of networking with photographers and models, but I do have admit that I have a guilty pleasure of reading the forums for a good laugh.  At any given point, there is almost always a forum on the main page concerning nudity.  I seriously believe that if nudity wasnt included in the portfolios and in the forums, there would be 17 members of MM.  The part that I always get a good chuckle from is photographers complaining about models stating they dont do nudes but they have nudes in their portfolio.  Either that or they have to comment about what rates models want for doing any sort of nude work.  What also cracks me  up is the models complaining that the only paid work out there is the nude stuff or the horror story of a sleazy photographer who did or said something that wasnt appropriate.

For the most part, most models dont do nude work.  For the most part, photographers want to do nude stuff.  Hence the problem.  Models want to be paid and paid well for keeping their clothes on and photographers want to pay nothing to have the clothes hit the floor.  There are exceptions to every rule but this is my general observation.  I guess what it all boils down to is one group wants something for nothing and the other group wants to give nothing for something.  I guess the simple solution to the whole thing is we all need to do nothing but implied work!!  That way both the photographer and model can be at least content because neither had to give all the way in.

I think I am going to go snap some pictures of my dog now...she is nude, she doesnt charge AND has 10 nipples!

(please note the sarcasm in this....it was not written to offend)

Jul 03 06 11:10 pm Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

Agreed, these forums can be good for a chuckle sometimes.

But not all of us are in Kansas... out here on the coast, a frequent problem is getting models to keep their clothes *on* long enough to get some diversity out of the shoot.  You won't see us sniveling about it here, though  smile

Jul 03 06 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

Plastercasting

Wichita, Kansas, US

feel fortunate you arent here...my dog doesnt do tfcd...her nude work is paid but the good news is that she only has 4 paws and 10 nipples so she cant do the pawbra on them all

Jul 03 06 11:20 pm Link

Photographer

Nigel Aves Photography

Longmont, Colorado, US

Plastercasting wrote:
For the most part, most models dont do nude work.  For the most part, photographers want to do nude stuff.  Hence the problem.

SOLUTION ....

Maybe the dressed models should take photographs of the nude photographers !!!

BUT WAIT

and then the photographers can pay the models for their time for taking the photographs .... and now all the photographers have nude pictures.

IT WORKS

Total win win ....

Jul 03 06 11:26 pm Link

Photographer

Plastercasting

Wichita, Kansas, US

Macabre World wrote:

SOLUTION ....

BUT WAIT

and then the photographers can pay the models for their time for taking the photographs .... and now all the photographers have nude pictures.

IT WORKS

Total win win ....

nah...this isnt www.uglyfatbaldandhunglikeaeuropeanmosquito.com ....this is modelmayhem.com!

Jul 03 06 11:31 pm Link

Photographer

Nigel Aves Photography

Longmont, Colorado, US

Plastercasting wrote:

nah...this isnt www.uglyfatbaldandhunglikeaeuropeanmosquito.com ....this is modelmayhem.com!

Best laught I've had all day .. unfortunately I think your wrong, reading some of the comments posted on here !!

That well hung mosquito

Nigel.

Jul 03 06 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

Alexis_Kennedy

Portland, Oregon, US

Plastercasting wrote:
For the most part, most models dont do nude work.

Granted, I'm not one of those people who complain about models not wanting to do nudes but I have to say you are 100% wrong on this one.

In most countries (Europe, Russia, Czech, etc. etc.) you're pretty much expected to do nudes, or at least implied.  I'd also have to say that in most places I've worked (Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, etc. etc.) I run into very few professional models who aren't willing to do nudes of some kind.

Things may be different among people who model part time are those putting up profiles on places like MM, but in the professional world it's almost a given in some fashion or another.

Jul 04 06 12:25 am Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

Andrew Kaiser wrote:
Granted, I'm not one of those people who complain about models not wanting to do nudes but I have to say you are 100% wrong on this one.

In most countries (Europe, Russia, Czech, etc. etc.) you're pretty much expected to do nudes, or at least implied.  I'd also have to say that in most places I've worked (Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, etc. etc.) I run into very few professional models who aren't willing to do nudes of some kind.

Things may be different among people who model part time are those putting up profiles on places like MM, but in the professional world it's almost a given in some fashion or another.

It's a question of place.  I tried to set up a shoot in Nebraska last year while there for a few days for a scientific conference.  If Kansas is anything like Nebraska... I feel for the OP.

On a slightly more serious note, I attended a group shoot in Kansas City a few years ago and did manage to get in one nude shoot without even having to ask... the girl in the window about halfway down my portfolio here.  Unfortunately, that model has since moved to Europe, and the rest of the models in attendance that day were firmly attached to their clothing... which of course is their right.

Jul 04 06 12:34 am Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

It is my contention after long observation that all women would love a beautiful nude photograph of themselves. There is great hesitance among the ladies however for at least the following reasons.

They do not feel that they are beautiful enough and don't want to embarass themselves.

They feel that it does not fit in with their goals, to the extent that they must withstand the scrutiny of the intolerant.

They do not feel comfortable enough with someone that has the skills required to make the photographs.

If they decide they are going to, there is no stopping them. I have found that out many times, usually to my surprise and delight. It is a special honor bestowed upon when a model poses.

Or you could side-step the mysterious search and fork over for the many models here that will model for money. Some very beautiful women to chose from here on Model Mayhem and all types!!

Jul 04 06 12:46 am Link

Photographer

Plastercasting

Wichita, Kansas, US

Michael Longeneker wrote:
Or you could side-step the mysterious search and fork over for the many models here that will model for money. Some very beautiful women to chose from here on Model Mayhem and all types!!

thats exactly the approach I have taken.  31 sculptures, 29 models...all paid jobs

Jul 04 06 12:49 am Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

Plastercasting wrote:
For the most part, most models dont do nude work.  For the most part, photographers want to do nude stuff.  Hence the problem.

Macabre World wrote:
SOLUTION ....

BUT WAIT

IT WORKS

Total win win ....

Been doing this for years...

Jul 04 06 03:44 am Link

Photographer

ADG Photography

Calhoun, Georgia, US

Michael Longeneker wrote:
It is my contention after long observation that all women would love a beautiful nude photograph of themselves. There is great hesitance among the ladies however for at least the following reasons.

They do not feel that they are beautiful enough and don't want to embarass themselves.

They feel that it does not fit in with their goals, to the extent that they must withstand the scrutiny of the intolerant.

They do not feel comfortable enough with someone that has the skills required to make the photographs.

If they decide they are going to, there is no stopping them. I have found that out many times, usually to my surprise and delight. It is a special honor bestowed upon when a model poses.

I think most models---and many women in general---would have no problem modeling nude if we didn't live in such a prudish, judgemental society. These "hang-ups" do a real dis-service to us all.  People should be free to explore without having to worry that some busy body, instead of simply living their own life, finds it necessary to jump into the lives of others and tell tell them how to live it. Live and let live.

Now..are there any models out there who would like to help me give the prudes something new to get fired up about?? LOL

Jul 04 06 10:29 am Link

Photographer

Plastercasting

Wichita, Kansas, US

I think I might start doing sculptures of models in parkas, gloves and stocking caps....that way I dont offend anyone

Jul 04 06 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

Ken Mierzwa wrote:

It's a question of place.  I tried to set up a shoot in Nebraska last year while there for a few days for a scientific conference.  If Kansas is anything like Nebraska... I feel for the OP.

On a slightly more serious note, I attended a group shoot in Kansas City a few years ago and did manage to get in one nude shoot without even having to ask... the girl in the window about halfway down my portfolio here.  Unfortunately, that model has since moved to Europe, and the rest of the models in attendance that day were firmly attached to their clothing... which of course is their right.

Where is this place you speak of called Nebraska?

Jul 04 06 08:46 pm Link

Model

ValeriE Ross

Nanticoke, Pennsylvania, US

Plastercasting wrote:
I think I might start doing sculptures of models in parkas, gloves and stocking caps....that way I dont offend anyone

You won't ever catch me modeling in that get up...lol

Jul 04 06 09:01 pm Link