Forums > General Industry > Diet Pills

Model

Sara Danielle

How many of you use them?

Do they work?

Are they horrible?

Doing a case study, so give me all the deatails. Brand, Ingredients ect.

Jul 02 06 06:14 pm Link

Model

Evelyn Rouge

Herbal hunger suppresents dont work, in my experiance.
Brand: all of the sods.

Jul 02 06 06:56 pm Link

Model

Krystal Dawn

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I took N/V and I kinda felt like it helped take off a few lbs...it's always hard to tell when you go from winter to summer...that seems to always take off weight for me.

Jul 02 06 07:04 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

Long Beach, California, US

Hi Sara -

It is your call, but I would recommed just going with exercise (cardio work and strength training) and a sensible diet.

I have an article on ab conditioning I wrote that I can send you.  It is alos posted on the OMP boards under Healtha and Beauty.

Best of luck.

Jul 02 06 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Ian L Sitren

Palm Springs, California, US

It depends on what is considered a "diet" pill.

I do a lot of work in the bodybuilding & fitness business and there are many different fat burner type supplements and others. And yes a number of them are effective when used in the context in which they are intended.

However if the commonly thought definition of the "diet" pill is an appetite suppresent, then I have no experience. But my expectations would be that the long term results would be a failure.

Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus
[email protected]
Office 760-992-3163
Cellular 213-712-1929
Website at http://SecondFocus.com
Blog at http://secondfocus.blogspot.com

Jul 02 06 07:09 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I take Chromium, Cayenne & caffeine-free Hydroxycut with my daily supplements to help promote a better metabolism.

Things such as Ephedra can actually seriously harm your metabolism in the long run with heavy use.  Beware.

Jul 02 06 09:39 pm Link

Model

Erin Rhea

Austin, Texas, US

The past two times I tried Stack 3 (I'm pretty sure that’s what its called) its made me to light headed and nauseous, I ended up threwing up! Ewwwww, long story short I don't recommend them.

Jul 02 06 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

Artistic Vision

Billings, Montana, US

Complete b.s. in my opinion. There is no special pill all diet pills I have read or seen people use come with a special diet to follow takin the pill and exercise routine...which is what is makin you lose the weight.

Jul 02 06 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Treagen

Detroit, Michigan, US

xenedrine is the best, pill > results ratio, cycle on and off of them, and stay off as long as possible to prevent your body from adapting to them.

cycle
6 weeks on 4-6 weeks (or more ) off

Jul 02 06 10:48 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

TooCoolQueeniee wrote:
Complete b.s. in my opinion. There is no special pill all diet pills I have read or seen people use come with a special diet to follow takin the pill and exercise routine...which is what is makin you lose the weight.

Well said! What is wrong with you people?! And I mean that with much love smile but really, a balanced, healthy diet and excercise are the only 2 proper ways of losing weight unless you're extremely obese.

These "special pills" have no merit, can be very harmful and if anything screw with your metabolism. Oh trust me, as a Nutrition Major, I've studied the stuff they put in these pills, shakes, and so called vitamins (and it aint pretty)

Jul 02 06 11:45 pm Link

Model

CTD- NYC Model

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

if there was a diet pill everyone would be skinny lol smile

Jul 02 06 11:49 pm Link

Model

NoLOngerHeree

New York, New York, US

To be perfectly honest i have tried them. I dont recomend it but ive tried farhenhiet which made me stay up at all hours of the night because i was too energized to sleep. The only thing i took that was OK was propelene. Now ive just stuck to lots of cardio and i can already see a difference. I think its ok to experiment and see what works for you but be very careful not to depend on them.

Jul 02 06 11:50 pm Link

Model

Aeon Elysian

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

Diet pills = Legal speed that the government can tax ^_^

Jul 03 06 04:07 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

when i was relaly focused, eating right and working out, I took xenadrine and it helped me drop more weight.

but if i would have just continued eating well and working out, it probably would have come off on it's own.

Jul 03 06 04:12 am Link

Model

Jane Weiss

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

It depends on what kind of person you are - some of the hunger supressors actualy do work because of the placebo effect. My friend Nad was on them for a long time and she read on the packet that they would make her feel less hungry and so she took them an hour before eating and hardely ate a thing because she believed she was full - and if you pretty much half what you eat then you will lose weight. She tried to convert me but i thought they were a crock of s**t so i figured it'd be a waste of £20 a packet.

Jul 03 06 04:32 am Link

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

If you trying to lose weight, your best bet is of course like everyone said: eat right, work out and lay off alcohol. HOWEVER, if you need to lose a few pounds (10-20) try getting the prescription drug called Dexedrine from your doctor. It is a pharmaceutical-strength speed product (amphetamine). Adults are usually only prescribed it for controlling/managing ADD (which I have) but it certainly curbs your appetite. I lost alot of weight on it over the years. I stopped taking it though because it seems to aggravate my moods and heart condition. Probably not the best advice to give people, huh?

Jul 03 06 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

noohoggin1

Shakopee, Minnesota, US

Nothing beats a good ol' diet and regular training.  "Diet pills" may help speed up metabolism, may only work when used with a good workout routine, may be herbal diuretic pills (to lose water--often being mistaken for burning fat and losing weight), or may not work at all.

Don't rely on them as a quick fix-- chances are you'll be throwing your money away. 

You'd be surprised at how much you can slim up after 2-3 weeks of disciplined dieting.  Adding in cardio is bonus.

Take it from me; I've competed twice as a bodybuilder and used to train people (men and women).

Best,
Tom

Jul 10 06 01:49 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

Daphne Adair wrote:
If you trying to lose weight, your best bet is of course like everyone said: eat right, work out and lay off alcohol. HOWEVER, if you need to lose a few pounds (10-20) try getting the prescription drug called Dexedrine from your doctor. It is a pharmaceutical-strength speed product (amphetamine). ... it certainly curbs your appetite. I lost alot of weight on it over the years. I stopped taking it though because it seems to aggravate my moods and heart condition.
Probably not the best advice to give people, huh?

omg thats what we tried to get from doctors in the 70's
when we were teens
& before they let out the side effects
you'd  be throwing your health away too
very dangerous
be careful!!

Jul 10 06 02:42 am Link

Model

leila

lol they sell speed at the pharmacy?..I kno its a weaker version but doesn't it keep you up all night aswell? doing it everyday cant be good for your temper!

Jul 10 06 02:58 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

dexies

* constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, exaggerated feeling of well-being or depression, followed by depression and severe fatigue, headaches, heart palpitations, high blood pressure, hives, impotence, loss of appetite, rapid heartbeat, sleeplessness, stomach and intestinal disturbances, tremors, uncontrollable twitching or jerking, unpleasant taste in the mouth,
      Hyperactivity, irritability, personality changes, paranoia, schizophrenia-like thoughts and behavior, insomnia, severe skin diseases

oh, and weight loss!

still interested???

Jul 10 06 03:03 am Link

Model

Carrie_K

Orlando, Florida, US

I just added Slimquick to my diet and exercise. I'll let you know if I notice a difference. At least I don't have any side effects from it like I have with other ones I've tried over the years. It does seem to be working great as an appetite suppresent.

Jul 10 06 09:21 am Link

Model

Vera van Munster

Belmont, North Carolina, US

According to my nutritionist, they can stunt your metabolism causing it to slow down dramatically.Also, unless you use them the rest of your life, you'll just gain all the weight back.

Jul 10 06 09:54 am Link