Forums > General Industry > midwest photographers/models

Photographer

EmilyKate

Des Moines, Iowa, US

Hey!

Anyone want to have a little get together before the summer ends? We could have a few models and a few photographers, maybe a make up artist, hair stylist, and I know a few fashion designers.
We could go to anywhere there is a good locat1on.. any suggestions? Or Des Moines has a few good spots. A few photographers I know could let us use their studios too.
We could just plan it for an afternoon then have a cookout or something? What do ya think?? Email me or post here!!

Emily

Jul 01 06 09:49 am Link

Model

Brooke Brite

Manhattan, Kansas, US

This sounds like a good idea! Kansas City is also a good central location for the midwest. Keep us updated!

Jul 01 06 09:55 am Link

Photographer

EDGE Photography

Des Moines, Iowa, US

I think this is a great idea!!  I would love to attend.  Let me know if anything comes together.

-Chad

Jul 01 06 09:56 am Link

Model

Maria Olivas

Fairfield, Alabama, US

I'm on the far eastern side of the midwest (Cincinnati, Ohio), but I'd love to come out for a shoot. If you do end up throwing something together, I'll see what I can't do to get out there smile

Jul 01 06 09:58 am Link

Photographer

DevlorStudio

Great idea.  Would really like to attend if it can be made to happen.  --Dwight

Jul 01 06 09:59 am Link

Photographer

EmilyKate

Des Moines, Iowa, US

Awesome guys! Ive emailed a lot of people.  I will be letting you know soon!

Jul 01 06 10:00 am Link

Photographer

mad city fine arts

Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin, US

haha!  this is a good idea, but everyone is going to want to host in their own city... i for one think Madison would be a lovely place to hold it. wink 

Seriously, though... if anyhting does happen, is there some sort of list that I can be put on for information?    The Midwest is all pretty accessible from up here... so chances are decent that I could come to wherever.

Jul 01 06 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Anderson Artwork

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Im good to go! KC...Des Moines...Columbia...Springfield/Joplin....would all work for me.

Jul 01 06 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Kc is good for me.  Plenty of good locations up there.

Springfield is good too!  Table Rock Lake and Branson are just 40 miles or so from Springfield.

Joplin is right down the road!  The waterfall photos and my avatar shot were made in Joplin.

Mention was made of a cookout:

Hold this shindig close enough for me to attend and I'll bring this along:

https://www.yellowjacketsystems.com/que/project/update-3-28-04/images/IMG_2153.jpg

Jul 01 06 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

EmilyKate

Des Moines, Iowa, US

Hey everyone....

As each person show interest... I just write your name down.. and will email you when I have updates. Scott Anderson I think is going to help...working out the details... he has a ton of models... and maybe even thinking about making this a charity event? What do ya think?? Ill post more later

Jul 01 06 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

Twisted Light

Miami, Florida, US

Well depending on when where and etc. I want to go.

Jul 01 06 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

AndyS

Hampton, Illinois, US

Hey Emily,

Count me in (date depenant of course)!

Andy

Jul 01 06 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

SteveHeatonPhotography

Spencer, Iowa, US

Hi from NW Iowa, beautiful Lake Okoboji area. Would like to say HI and maybe meet you all someday!

Jul 01 06 07:21 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

I call the fabulous (and only 2 hours from Chicago) Rockford, Illinois home. I also get out to the St Louis area on occasion, and Madison(or Milwaukee) is easy to get to.

Jul 01 06 11:11 pm Link

Model

Meagan Colf

Seligman, Missouri, US

Sounds like fun! I'm very close to Joplin, Springfield, and even not far from Kansas City! Depending on date I'm in!!

Meagan

Jul 01 06 11:14 pm Link

Photographer

EmilyKate

Des Moines, Iowa, US

Jul 02 06 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Meagan Colf wrote:
Sounds like fun! I'm very close to Joplin, Springfield, and even not far from Kansas City! Depending on date I'm in!!

Meagan

Very close to Joplin! (Seligman)

How about jumping the state line and coming over here for a shoot? :-)

Jul 02 06 12:29 pm Link