Forums > General Industry > premade website?

Photographer

removed member

hello.

so...im going to get a little more serious into model portfolio/fashion/stock work.  and i would like to set up a website specific to it.  rather than have a custom site designed again.  since this is a side project so to speak.  im looking to just download a premade site. 

i saw another thread about templatemonster but would rather not support them.

anyone know any other sites that offer a service like this?  i know there are some for weding photographers out there arent there?

thanks in advance.

jason

Jun 30 06 11:46 am Link

Photographer

ChristopherRoss

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

don't do it Jason! step away from the prefab templates, your work is too good to be associated with that type of dribble.

send me a message and I'll build you the site you need, we can work out a deal with regards to payment ... I'm desperate for old stuff so just start packaging up things in the studio you no longer want, I'll build you a site that's as good as your photos and when you're happy, send those boxes my way.

Jun 30 06 11:52 am Link

Photographer

1972 Productions

Cebu, Central Visayas, Philippines

A company that makes some real nice flash templates is www.phasenorth.com

My fiancee had hers done by them all in it cost her about $500 to have them finish it.

You can see hers at www.marlalampert.com

Good Luck

Jun 30 06 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

www.perfectory.com

Good news is there are tons of these sites out there and all vying for your business big_smile

Jun 30 06 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Mickle Design Werks

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Template makers the specifically target photographers:

http://www.bigfolio.com/

http://www.bludomain/

Jun 30 06 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

jason messer wrote:
hello.

so...im going to get a little more serious into model portfolio/fashion/stock work.  and i would like to set up a website specific to it.  rather than have a custom site designed again.  since this is a side project so to speak.  im looking to just download a premade site. 

i saw another thread about templatemonster but would rather not support them.

anyone know any other sites that offer a service like this?  i know there are some for weding photographers out there arent there?

thanks in advance.

jason

Jason, can you clarify....are you looking to just showcase your work for prospective clients or are you actually looking to do that ANd host/sell stock shots?

Jun 30 06 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

bump

Jun 30 06 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

removed member

thanks for all your replies.

bigfolio....thats the one i was thinking of.  i had seen it before, and forgot the url.

im just looking for a portfolio site really, no selling.

Jul 01 06 10:03 am Link

Photographer

123abcbye

Syracuse, New York, US

I have to agre with Cris Ross, Your photos ROCK! Don'y make yourself look cheap with a crappy template site. YUCK!! Start surfing photographer websites and get some ideas for your site. You will come across some template sites and I'm sure you will agree that they look pretty cheap.
GOOD LUCK
JDS
www.PhotosByJDS.com

Jul 01 06 10:10 am Link

Photographer

123abcbye

Syracuse, New York, US

I have to agree with Chris Ross, Your photos ROCK! Don't make yourself look cheap with a crappy template site. YUCK!! Start surfing photographer websites and get some ideas for your site. You will come across some template sites and I'm sure you will agree that they look pretty cheap.
GOOD LUCK
JDS
www.PhotosByJDS.com

Jul 01 06 10:11 am Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

Just customize a free http://www.blogger.com blogger template. So simple. Up and running in minutes, and better for search engines and internetworking of links.

Jul 01 06 10:12 am Link