Forums > General Industry > whiny, whiny, whiny

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Ok maybe it is because I am bi-polar, what maybe it is definitely because of that, but I am getting Fresno sick and tired of whiny people on MM. And specifically people who whine about money.

If it is TFCD than it is TFCD. Nobody was born holding a perfect book filled with wonderful photos that got them paying work. Testing, TFCD, whatever is a fact of the industry now. SO GET OVER YOURSELVES.

And if you are a whiney little person, than don’t be offended when someone says you have great skills but you couldn’t pay me to work with you.

I am dealing with another thread where it is well Suzy pays a kit fee why won’t you?

Well if Suzy jumped off a bridge does that mean I have to too?

This isn’t grade school, and I am not your Mama and if you don’t like the fact that I don’t pay than you don’t have to work with me.

The saddest thing isn’t that you seem to have a great deal of time to discuss things on the board, look at me almost 2,000 posts and at least 100 alienations, it is that since you can’t attack my images you have to attack me.

So just settle down. Or if you can’t than you can go straight to Helsinki.

(A little background, and a whole bunch of melodramatic soliloquy)

I am not a likable person. People are often casually cruel to me. I am left out more than I am let in. I am vain, and pompous, and mentally ill.

I deal with all of these things. I am not the only one who is there. I can’t let it build up inside me. I won’t let it spiral out of control.

The only solution is for me to not bite my tongue. Not remain quiet.

On the inside I am not the same person I am on the outside.

I am in a degree program in a school where I have very few friends. My assignments are made harder by the fact I have no help from my fellow students. If it is really true that it is the people I go to school with who will get me work later in my career than I will never have a career.

I am thirty, and I am tired.

So don’t poke the bear ok? Cause she is old, and alone, and has nothing to lose. Just don’t poke the bear.

Jun 30 06 02:40 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Star wrote:
Ok maybe it is because I am bi-polar, what maybe it is definitely because of that, but I am getting Fresno sick and tired of whiny people on MM. And specifically people who whine about money.

If it is TFCD than it is TFCD. Nobody was born holding a perfect book filled with wonderful photos that got them paying work. Testing, TFCD, whatever is a fact of the industry now. SO GET OVER YOURSELVES.

And if you are a whiney little person, than don’t be offended when someone says you have great skills but you couldn’t pay me to work with you.

I am dealing with another thread where it is well Suzy pays a kit fee why won’t you?

This isn’t grade school, and I am not your Mama and if you don’t like the fact that I don’t pay than you don’t have to work with me.

The saddest thing isn’t that you seem to have a great deal of time to discuss things on the board, look at me almost 2,000 posts and at least 100 alienations, it is that since you can’t attack my images you have to attack me.

I am not a likable person. People are often casually cruel to me. I am left out more than I am let in. I am vain, and pompous, and mentally ill.

I deal with all of these things. I am not the only one who is there. I can’t let it build up inside me. I won’t let it spiral out of control.

I am in a degree program in a school where I have very few friends. My assignments are made harder by the fact I have no help from my fellow students. If it is really true that it is the people I go to school with who will get me work later in my career than I will never have a career.

So don’t poke the bear ok? Cause she is old, and alone, and has nothing to lose. Just don’t poke the bear.

:0(.  Can I hug the bear?

Jun 30 06 02:44 am Link

Photographer

Star

hugs are fine smile

Jun 30 06 02:45 am Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

Between the whines and the conversational white noise, the MM forum has gottten a little tougher to stay interested in. At least for me. Or maybe I'm just getting to be old and grouchy.

Jun 30 06 02:53 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

wow.
ok

i know how you feel

btw
I told a Beverley Hills lawyer today that she is likely getting sued
By me
and that if she doesnt at least try to clear up her own mess, I will dedicate myself to making her life as miserable as she has recently made mine.
She countered
''...I dont think you want to come up to the court house here...''
etc etc
To which I replied
'' And I don't think you know me very well.''

Thanks, to DM for this ominous approach
It worked like a dream.

;-)

Nobody else better try Poking

Jun 30 06 03:33 am Link

Model

Keli OConnor

Portland, Arkansas, US

Well, I think your work is absolutely wonderful and people should be so lucky to have TFP with you. I wish I were in your area wink
-Keli

Jun 30 06 03:42 am Link

Model

Jumper

Crestline, California, US

Whose the whiny one?

Jun 30 06 01:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Nina G Artistry

Houston, Alaska, US

Star wrote:

Come on Star...you know you're the poo!!! I have been mean to you but I can also admit that you are more talented in your right toe than say....an amature MUA!!!LOL Like me!!!  I understand that school can be challenging but you seem to be pretty up for it!!! I am in school as well...not for art...but I do understand...BTW I think bears are cute and cuddly!!!

Sorry for all the biatchiness from me today!

Jun 30 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

My God that was an inspired rant. Good job!

Jun 30 06 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Nina G Artistry wrote:
Come on Star...you know you're the poo!!! I have been mean to you but I can also admit that you are more talented in your right toe than say....an amature MUA!!!LOL Like me!!!  I understand that school can be challenging but you seem to be pretty up for it!!! I am in school as well...not for art...but I do understand...BTW I think bears are cute and cuddly!!!

Sorry for all the biatchiness from me today!

Nina, I love your work. Don't call yourself amaturish, in several photos your make-up makes a mundane shot look better cause of your talent,

Star

Jun 30 06 02:36 pm Link

Model

Eva Stefania In LA

Burbank, California, US

STAR

I LOVE YOU and thank you for everything you have done for both my makeup artistry career and my modeling career. I'll hug you too:)

EVA

Jun 30 06 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

All Kinds of Photos

Star wrote:

I would love to do a shoot with you! Honestly. You speak your mind.

Jun 30 06 02:39 pm Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Oh Star, hell, I'm 33 and tired...lol...hang in there doll.  You do good work so don't let the whiny people get you down.  This is one Susi who thinks it's all good;-)

Jun 30 06 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

yaggy

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, US

I think you really gotta take the talk on any internet forum with a grain of salt.

There's some wisdom mixed in there, but it's 90% opinion and attitude.

Jun 30 06 03:37 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Wow, that was depressing. I think I'll start drinking now.

Jun 30 06 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Star wrote:

Ok, that is definitely whiny, whiny, whiny.. Can I introduce you to a kettle?

Star wrote:

You mean you're going to be honest about yourself, your reasons, and who you are?  That just made you more respectable than about 75% of the people here (as if you weren't already).

Star wrote:

Well, let's see.. I'm 34, just now getting a feel and a taste for something that could have been my life's passion, but at this point in my life is probably never going to be more than a lark and a way to increase my debt..

You work tends to floor me.  The fact that you've pushed your way through school and pettiness and catty stupid people to get where you are... Floors me..

The fact that you're stilling doing it, and improving, and making a name....  Awesome..

So if you feel the need to vent.. Vent.. And if people call it whiny, be whiny.  Do what you've got to.. Screw everyone else (including me..)

And if you can..

Remember to enjoy yourself from time to time..

WGR (an admirer of fragile bears..)

Jun 30 06 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

:::DISCLAIMER!!! The following contains sexist views that are NOT held by the person who's posting it!!:::

Just like a woman.  Sick of people bitching and whining here...

...so you bitch and whine about it here.  Typical.

Jun 30 06 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Star wrote:

If you think its tiresome at 30 just wait until your later 30's and perimenopause kicks in!

Look at this way, at least you ARE going to a degree program school in something you love.  Lots of folks, friends or no friends never get the opportunity.  And don't worry that the kids in school might not network with you....Mario Testino was a waiter and Herb Ritts worked for his family's furniture biz and they managed to do well because they followed their heart.

Whenever you follow an inner path it is lonely.   And people will poke.  No escape from that.

But if you look around there are a bunch of people who highly admire and respect your work, and wish to work with you, so you should gain some small measure of solace in that.

Jun 30 06 04:24 pm Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

If you think its tiresome at 30 just wait until your later 30's and perimenopause kicks in!

Look at this way, at least you ARE going to a degree program school in something you love.  Lots of folks, friends or no friends never get the opportunity.  And don't worry that the kids in school might not network with you....Mario Testino was a waiter and Herb Ritts worked for his family's furniture biz and they managed to do well because they followed their heart.

Whenever you follow an inner path it is lonely.   And people will poke.  No escape from that.

But if you look around there are a bunch of people who highly admire and respect your work, and wish to work with you, so you should gain some small measure of solace in that.

I wish I could've put it that elloquent...lol:-)

Jun 30 06 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

UnsinnImage

My God.

I think I love you.

Jun 30 06 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

That just needed repeating.

Jun 30 06 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Sanders

Star wrote:
If it is really true that it is the people I go to school with who will get me work later in my career than I will never have a career.

Kinda like my belief that when I die if I were to go to heaven and be with all the whacked out christians, I'd rather go to some other place. Or be by myself... forever. No way I'd want to spend my eternal life with Dr. Dobson. Ain't gonna happen...

wink

Robert

Jun 30 06 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Robert Sanders wrote:
Kinda like my belief that when I die if I were to go to heaven and be with all the whacked out christians, I'd rather go to some other place. Or be by myself... forever. No way I'd want to spend my eternal life with Dr. Dobson. Ain't gonna happen...

wink

Robert

Yeah..because having and being good parents and having an acutal family life is...is...it's obscene that's what it is.

Jun 30 06 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Robert Sanders wrote:

wink

Robert

You are destined for the hell of perfect, untouchable models, budgetless sets, reliable muas, and point and shoot cameras with faulty batteries..

No heaven for you!

Jun 30 06 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Sanders

WG Rowland wrote:
You are destined for the hell of perfect, untouchable models, budgetless sets, reliable muas, and point and shoot cameras with faulty batteries..

No heaven for you!

Sounds like a typical day in my life now.... hehehe

Robert

Jun 30 06 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

30 old?

I thought 30 was the new 20, 40 the new 30, etc...

crap!

Jun 30 06 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Hey, no one likes me either, but I don't need to go into any long-winded explanations.  It's because I'm an asshole.

Jun 30 06 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Solo

Miami, Arizona, US

Star wrote:
I am vain, and pompous, and mentally ill.

Wait...I thought that was me..? I was once accussed of being an egomaniac with an inferiorty complex......errr......sorry I think they were talking about Henry VIII.

Jul 01 06 12:50 am Link

Photographer

Treagen

Detroit, Michigan, US

everybody pay everyone for what they want and rights to it.

if a photog wants a model, pay her her rates for her time and rights to the pics. model wants copies? model needs to pay for the copies.

if a model wants to shoot, pay the photog for his time and rights.

Keep it simple. ; )

Jul 01 06 01:41 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Treagen Kier wrote:
everybody pay everyone for what they want and rights to it.

if a photog wants a model, pay her her rates for her time and rights to the pics. model wants copies? model needs to pay for the copies.

if a model wants to shoot, pay the photog for his time and rights.

Keep it simple. ; )

= too much like right.

Jul 01 06 01:42 am Link

Photographer

Star

Dean Solo wrote:

Wait...I thought that was me..? I was once accussed of being an egomaniac with an inferiorty complex......errr......sorry I think they were talking about Henry VIII.

Henry the VII wasn't no saint neither, and the V man that guy was an a-hole

Jul 01 06 01:48 am Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

star i find you extreemly likible, lovable even in the most tragic sense of the word. it is not an easy thing being an artist; ripping wide your chest and standing infront of the crowd so that the world can insprct and judge you while your entrails slither to the ground.

being an artist is a slow death... it is the struggle to leave this place made different by your voice which drives people like you and i star. yes you may not get much help from others.... but it is your art, not theirs; and i tend to believe that really.... some where in you my darling that you would really have it no other way.

Jul 01 06 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Dave Krueger wrote:
Hey, no one likes me either, but I don't need to go into any long-winded explanations.  It's because I'm an asshole.

Must be a Dave thing.

Jul 01 06 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

michael harrell

Miami, Arizona, US

An old India saying :::When ever two educated men come together the first thing they do is argue.

Jul 01 06 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Star wrote:

I only met you once, but you seemed quite likeable. Given your other comments, I'd suspect you're taking what others say more personally and more negatively than they mean them, but that's merely my suspicion.

You're a darn good photographer (even if I don't understand some of your art--I don't 'get' all of ravenslaughter or Jeffery Scott's images either, or Dali, or...), and I hope whatever negative issues are bothering you go away leaving you to explore your artistic abilities in whatever directions you want to go.

Best wishes!

Jul 01 06 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Star

This is a I never pretended to be anything other than I am bump. I know that people will read this, even though it is old, because it has my name attached. I am not a sain, I am not a devil. If you are reading this it is with the hope of having a way to slam me most likely. That is just sad.

Jul 12 06 04:45 pm Link