Forums > General Industry > cute/pretty/beautiful/gorgeous/stunning

Photographer

StudioLivia

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Would this pic be described with "cute"?

Jun 29 06 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

StudioLivia

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic … 3e83919ca8

Jun 29 06 12:49 pm Link

Model

Constance Hilory

Mobile, Alabama, US

Kevlar Gal wrote:
cute/pretty/beautiful/gorgeous/stunning

Cute:  The image depicts someone who has an ability to make you smile, in a light, young and fun way.  Visually, one who makes you almost giggle, in a tender way.

Pretty:  One who visually is pleasing to look at.  You are keenly aware of the colors and expressions the vision possesses.

Beautiful:  Can be pleasing visually, soundwise, scentwise.  One whose image you appreciate without the trappings of enhancers, such as make up, colorful clothes, etc.

Gorgeous:  One who is visually riveting.  Scents, colors, ambience, all necessary in the magic to make one visually riveting and captivating as being gorgeous.

Stunning:  One who, upon you, laying eyes on their image renders you speechless.  No outstanding singular feature but the whole persona.  One whom you would always credit as the most spectacular vision you have ever laid eyes on and yet, cannot vividly recall one outstanding feature of the person who was stunning in your eyes.

Dead on!

Jun 29 06 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

alexwh

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Constance Hilory wrote:

Dead on!

Constance, instead of your dead on! I would have rather seen one of yours.  For example there is this one (you will not object ,I hope, that I post it). You are really stunning and the best thing about it is the quality that should be added to the above, you look intelligent!
Alexwh
https://img3.modelmayhem.com/060219/01/43f8211109482.jpg

Jun 29 06 01:01 pm Link

Model

Constance Hilory

Mobile, Alabama, US

alexwh wrote:

Constance, instead of your dead on! I would have rather seen one of yours.  For example there is this one (you will not object ,I hope, that I post it). You are really stunning and the best thing about it is the quality that should be added to the above, you look intelligent!
Alexwh

Wow! Thank you VERY VERY much!

Jun 29 06 01:05 pm Link

Model

_Cinnamon_

San Francisco, California, US

This thread was inspired by the following comments:

TXPhotog wrote:
I don't know that I can easily define "that certain look".  It's something that you learn by being around it.  For the most part, though, it includes "high cheek bones", a well-defined set of features.  Not "pretty".  Pretty is the opposite of "beautiful".

_Cinnamon_ wrote:
What do you mean pretty is the opposite of beautiful? Can't someone be both?

TXPhotog wrote:
It's possible, just extremely unusual.  Claudia Schiffer is a good example of it.  But in the fashion world, "pretty" = "commercial" which, for an editorial agency, is bad.

I'd love to hear more thoughts on this.

Jun 29 06 01:49 pm Link

Model

Blair P

Lake Wales, Florida, US

MWPhoto_ wrote:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic … 3e83919ca8

no.

Jun 29 06 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

StudioLivia

...but?

Jun 29 06 02:03 pm Link

Model

_Cinnamon_

San Francisco, California, US

MWPhoto_ wrote:
...but?

I liked it, but I didn't really find it cute, either.

Jun 29 06 02:05 pm Link

Model

Aleta Pardalis

Oceanside, New York, US

the first words that spring to mind with that picture are goofy or silly

Jun 29 06 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

StudioLivia

Thanks. Funny doll maybe?

Jun 29 06 02:15 pm Link

Model

Blair P

Lake Wales, Florida, US

MWPhoto_ wrote:
Thanks. Funny doll maybe?

nope. not funny either.  kinda reminds me of what men do when you tell them they have food on their face and they don't want to use their napkin. 

I don't think there is a word for that pic, but I do like it.

Jun 29 06 05:37 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

Well.....I AM F**KING FABULOUS!!  tongue

Jun 29 06 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:
Well.....I AM F**KING FABULOUS!!  tongue

Yeah, I've seen you be cute, pretty, beautiful, gorgeous, and stunning in a 3 hour span.  I'd call that pretty fucking fabulous.

Jun 29 06 06:50 pm Link

Model

Kat E

Clearwater, Florida, US

_Cinnamon_ wrote:
Do they all mean the same thing to you? If not, what's the difference?

Edit: This thread was inspired by the following comments:

TXPhotog wrote:
I don't know that I can easily define "that certain look".  It's something that you learn by being around it.  For the most part, though, it includes "high cheek bones", a well-defined set of features.  Not "pretty".  Pretty is the opposite of "beautiful".

_Cinnamon_ wrote:
What do you mean pretty is the opposite of beautiful? Can't someone be both?

I'd love to hear more thoughts on this.

No, they seem to be going up in importance.

Jun 29 06 06:52 pm Link

Model

Aila Rose

HUBERT, North Carolina, US

Cute means to me "you are cute but not cute enough to shoot"
Pretty means to me " you are pretty, i'll shoot you if you whear what i tell you to ware"
Beautiful means to me "you are beautiful, you have a great look, i'd love to shoot you, how much are your rates"
Gorgeous means to me "you are gorgeous! I have to shoot with you! how much will it take to get you here? What do i have to do to get you here?"

Jun 29 06 06:56 pm Link

Model

Kat E

Clearwater, Florida, US

I think the difference is how drunk the guy is.

Kat

Jun 29 06 06:58 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

Yeah, I've seen you be cute, pretty, beautiful, gorgeous, and stunning in a 3 hour span.  I'd call that pretty fucking fabulous.

Awww shucks smile  Well Diaz + PieBear = One happy diana.  Haha!

Jun 29 06 07:41 pm Link

Model

dani faye

Brooklyn, New York, US

Kevlar Gal wrote:
cute/pretty/beautiful/gorgeous/stunning

Cute:  The image depicts someone who has an ability to make you smile, in a light, young and fun way.  Visually, one who makes you almost giggle, in a tender way.

Pretty:  One who visually is pleasing to look at.  You are keenly aware of the colors and expressions the vision possesses.

Beautiful:  Can be pleasing visually, soundwise, scentwise.  One whose image you appreciate without the trappings of enhancers, such as make up, colorful clothes, etc.

Gorgeous:  One who is visually riveting.  Scents, colors, ambience, all necessary in the magic to make one visually riveting and captivating as being gorgeous.

Stunning:  One who, upon you, laying eyes on their image renders you speechless.  No outstanding singular feature but the whole persona.  One whom you would always credit as the most spectacular vision you have ever laid eyes on and yet, cannot vividly recall one outstanding feature of the person who was stunning in your eyes.

I'm all of the above...LOL smile

Jun 29 06 08:21 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Hmmmm

Cute to me means YOUTHFUL and attractive but not overly attractive or anything TOO special

Beautiful- A special  look, where everything fits together(nose,eyes,bone stucture)..Think Gisele,Naomi, Carmen Kass...

Gorgeous- My idea of gorgeous is somebody whose look is mature and like beautiful everyhting fits..to me Gorgeous is the opinion where beautiful its definite. Say Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman,Iman

Stunning-Stunning in my opinion, does not mean that you are beautiful, gorgeous or cute. Stunning is a physically unique quality.Doesn't mean you like it, but you keep staring at it... Angelina Jolie, Liya Kebede, Alek Wek, Lisa Cant, Gemma Ward.

I personally get the "beautiful features" thing. WTF is that? You have beautiful features. I just assumed that meant that my features are nice but they don't come together to make a beautiful face...I dunno

Jun 30 06 03:13 pm Link