Shirley Young

Oak Park, Illinois, US

..is incredible for dieting.

Any other ideas?

Jun 28 06 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

ImageReflex

Miami, Florida, US

Is it incredible for dieting because you can only tolerate so much of it?

Jun 28 06 09:35 pm Link

Model

Shirley Young

Oak Park, Illinois, US

ImageReflex wrote:
Is it incredible for dieting because you can only tolerate so much of it?

Ahaha, basically yeahh. But also because there's like no fat and it's filling.

Jun 28 06 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Shirley Young wrote:

I pretty much love all kinds of food.....but matzos....I'd rather eat dirt....tastes about the same and it's not pretending to be "bread"....

But for a real delight.....bagels and lox.....unfortunately if you like them with a nice slab of raw onion like I do.....you lose a lot of friends....LOL

Jun 29 06 12:01 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

FKVPhotoGraphics wrote:

I pretty much love all kinds of food.....but matzos....I'd rather eat dirt....tastes about the same and it's not pretending to be "bread"....

But for a real delight.....bagels and lox.....unfortunately if you like them with a nice slab of raw onion like I do.....you lose a lot of friends....LOL

well it ruins the diet aspect of it, but you need to butter it and salt it if it's not already salted, then it's fantastic. do you eat dry unbuttered bread and like it? the best matzo is the egg and onion flavor! yum yum yum! you can also put cinnamon and suger on buttered matzo, extra yum! or else use any kind of spread or topping you might like on any cracker or bread. i guess i'll have to start eating more dirt, sounds like it must be good.

Jun 29 06 12:07 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Shirley Young wrote:

LIke styrofoam? smile

Jun 29 06 01:22 am Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

Rice cakes - matzo with air in it.

Had a model swear by them, on was it on them? She ate them all the time.

Jun 29 06 01:55 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

'Tis comfort food to me.  You don't just don't eat it raw & unaccompanied.  My favorite comfort food if fried matzo.

Jun 29 06 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

FKVPhotoGraphics wrote:

And don't forget the cream cheeze!

Jun 29 06 12:59 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I had good results eating 200-300 calories 4-6 times per day.  Usually "diet" microwave meals, canned soup, and energy/protein bars.  Eating small meals often boosts your metabolism.

More: http://www.josienutter.com/fitness

Jun 29 06 01:00 pm Link

Model

Shirley Young

Oak Park, Illinois, US

Mk, so all the photographers are talking about cream cheese and fried foods and all that, and the one model replies about calorie counting. Gahh, you guys get to eat whatever you want tongue.

Jun 29 06 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Lens N Light wrote:

And don't forget the cream cheeze!

Yep..........I forgot.....a BIG slab of it.....

and would you believe my last cholostrol count was only 99!!!

Jun 30 06 10:42 am Link

Model

BendyMimi

Portland, Oregon, US

fried matzo is lovely, but would I be in the minority if I said I LOVE LOVE LOVE plain matzo?

Jun 30 06 10:46 am Link

Photographer

yani

Matawan, New Jersey, US

Not just for passover anymore...

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e217/Yanisworld/matzo.jpg

Jun 30 06 10:47 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Yani, be careful. There is a dog here chasing you.
if you see  a black and white dog, run!

Jun 30 06 10:50 am Link

Model

Audra Isadora

New York, New York, US

matzo makes you constipated.

sorry for that fact...but its true smile

Jun 30 06 10:52 am Link

Model

Audra Isadora

New York, New York, US

Jun 30 06 10:53 am Link

Photographer

yani

Matawan, New Jersey, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
Yani, be careful. There is a dog here chasing you.
if you see  a black and white dog, run!

does it bite?

Jun 30 06 10:58 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

yani wrote:

does it bite?

this dog passes considerable time absorbed with it's reproductive system, so be careful.

Jun 30 06 11:01 am Link

Photographer

yani

Matawan, New Jersey, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:

this dog passes considerable time absorbed with it's reproductive system, so be careful.

Sounds like an ex-wife of mine

Jun 30 06 11:07 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Audra Isadora wrote:

Ummm, not me.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to state that matzo makes Audra constipated?

Jun 30 06 12:09 pm Link

Model

Shirley Young

Oak Park, Illinois, US

Mimi Brown wrote:
fried matzo is lovely, but would I be in the minority if I said I LOVE LOVE LOVE plain matzo?

Probably, but so do I. It gets addicting after awhile.
And ahaha, that picture kicks major ass smile

Jun 30 06 03:45 pm Link

Model

Shirley Young

Oak Park, Illinois, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:

Ummm, not me.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to state that matzo makes Audra constipated?

Judging from the fact that she posted it twice, yeah.
See a doctor maybe?

Jun 30 06 03:48 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Nope. I can't think of anything matzoh is good for.  Maybe matzoh ball soup?

Jun 30 06 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Blecman

Annapolis, Maryland, US

Shirley Young wrote:
..is incredible for dieting.

Any other ideas?

It's horrible for dieting. It's very hi-glycemic which causes your blood sugar to spike, which in turn spikes your insuline, which in turns throws your body into fat storage mode. It's a simple carb which is simply horrible, in all actuality.

Great diet foods are foods high in protein, low in simple carbs, and high in dietary fiber.

Jun 30 06 05:05 pm Link

Model

Shirley Young

Oak Park, Illinois, US

Positive Negatives wrote:

It's horrible for dieting. It's very hi-glycemic which causes your blood sugar to spike, which in turn spikes your insuline, which in turns throws your body into fat storage mode. It's a simple carb which is simply horrible, in all actuality.

Great diet foods are foods high in protein, low in simple carbs, and high in dietary fiber.

Damn, I've been on a matzo/water diet for awhile. No wonder I feel bloated?
Ahaha. Erm..anyone have suggestions for "foods high in protein, low in simple carbs, and high in dietary fiber."?

Jul 01 06 02:31 pm Link

Model

Rachel Leah

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Audra Isadora wrote:

You beat me to it!
When I was growing up, my mom would force me to consume disgusting amounts of apple juice during Passover to counteract the effects.

A matzo video for everyone's viewing pleasure:
http://www.atomfilms.com/contentPlay/sh … ?id=matzah

Jul 01 06 07:16 pm Link

Model

Rachel Leah

Shirley Young wrote:

Damn, I've been on a matzo/water diet for awhile. No wonder I feel bloated?
Ahaha. Erm..anyone have suggestions for "foods high in protein, low in simple carbs, and high in dietary fiber."?

A matzo/water diet?  I hope you're eating other things, too, or that's called anorexia, not a diet.

Jul 01 06 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Mimi Brown wrote:

Fried Matzah with lox and onions... mmmmm the best.. and toasted bagels with cream cheese, lox and sliced onion on the tabel.. hot coffee, ... now you have a great breakfast..

Oh and I prefer the egg and onion matzah.. even with peanut butter.. or just cream cheese or even plain

Jul 01 06 07:48 pm Link

Model

Rachel Leah

AndrewG wrote:

Fried Matzah with lox and onions... mmmmm the best.. and toasted bagels with cream cheese, lox and sliced onion on the tabel.. hot coffee, ... now you have a great breakfast..

Oh and I prefer the egg and onion matzah.. even with peanut butter.. or just cream cheese or even plain

I have to admit I really don't like lox...I'm a bad Jew

Jul 01 06 07:51 pm Link

Model

Shirley Young

Oak Park, Illinois, US

Aaron_H wrote:

well it ruins the diet aspect of it, but you need to butter it and salt it if it's not already salted, then it's fantastic. do you eat dry unbuttered bread and like it? the best matzo is the egg and onion flavor! yum yum yum! you can also put cinnamon and suger on buttered matzo, extra yum! or else use any kind of spread or topping you might like on any cracker or bread. i guess i'll have to start eating more dirt, sounds like it must be good.

It's absolutely amazing how descriptive people can be about wannabe bread..

Jul 01 06 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Rachel Leah wrote:
I have to admit I really don't like lox...I'm a bad Jew

ROFLMJAO (Rolling on the floor, laughing my jewish ass off)

That dosent make you a bad jew.. LOL it just means you dont like lox. I even like sardines on a bagel with cream cheese.

I dont keep kosher in my dietary habits, I dont keep traditions of the holidays either.. and I havent been to a friday night or saturday morning service in many years. Heck, I havent even bee in a temple in too many years to remember..

I guess that makes me a bad jew in some peoples eyes..  but I Never, NEVER Never, turn away jewish style food...

Latkahs, chopped liver, bagels, knishs, etc... I even eat Gefilte fish.. two pieces with a big scoop of cottage cheese  and a couple of club crakers or even some matzah.

Oh and I loved that jib jab video clip... it was funny.

Jul 01 06 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Shirley Young wrote:
It's absolutely amazing how descriptive people can be about wannabe bread..

Just so you know...

It isnt "wannabe bread" it isnt even bread.. it is a cracker. read the box... Matzo / Matzah Crackers.

Jul 01 06 08:11 pm Link

Model

Rachel Leah

AndrewG wrote:

ROFLMJAO (Rolling on the floor, laughing my jewish ass off)

That dosent make you a bad jew.. LOL it just means you dont like lox. I even like sardines on a bagel with cream cheese.

I dont keep kosher in my dietary habits, I dont keep traditions of the holidays either.. and I havent been to a friday night or saturday morning service in many years. Heck, I havent even bee in a temple in too many years to remember..

I guess that makes me a bad jew in some peoples eyes..  but I Never, NEVER Never, turn away jewish style food...

Latkahs, chopped liver, bagels, knishs, etc... I even eat Gefilte fish.. two pieces with a big scoop of cottage cheese  and a couple of club crakers or even some matzah.

Oh and I loved that jib jab video clip... it was funny.

Mmm....knishes.  I was just starting to get really hungry, until you mentioned gefilte fish! lol

Jul 01 06 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Rachel Leah wrote:

Mmm....knishes.  I was just starting to get really hungry, until you mentioned gefilte fish! lol

ok.. so you are not a fish lover.. not to worry.. I love some seafood, and some I cant stand... I hate sushi... wont even go to  sushi restaurant.. eeeewwwwww

Jul 01 06 08:15 pm Link

Model

Rachel Leah

AndrewG wrote:

ok.. so you are not a fish lover.. not to worry.. I love some seafood, and some I cant stand... I hate sushi... wont even go to  sushi restaurant.. eeeewwwwww

Me neither...I'm not into raw fish at all.  There's a place near me that has "specialty sushi" that's made with cooked meat or chicken and absolutely delicious sauce, though.  I eat those but I guess they can hardly be considered sushi since they're neither fish nor raw!

Jul 01 06 08:18 pm Link