Forums > General Industry > Two of the most asked questions on MM

Photographer

Digital Dragon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I think there has been some misunderstanding... top of the line ingredients does not mean beautiful... it simply means the perfect ingredients for the shot you are trying to accomplish.  Obviously the only great shots in the world aren't just fashion and beauty shots, but if you don't find the best subject for the shot you aren't going to get exactly what you want to accomplish out of the image.  Also I understand not everyone can afford top of the line equipment, but I am sure everyone would have to agree that if you did have the top of the line equipment everyones shots would improve to an extent.  The baker and the egg, flour, and milk are the main ingredients of any cake so yes if you have one of those two things with any combination of the rest you are more likely to get a better shot but not THE BEST shot you could with the best of everything.  I do apologize for not adding in Stylist because they are an important part of the process, but I feel that they fit with the MUA, same goes with hair stylists.  Together they are the icing on the cake....

Jun 28 06 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

*rolls eyes

Jun 28 06 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
i dissagree...a good photographer can turn up a great image with the poorest of ingrediants...a good cook can make somthing great from nothing..

its the photographers skill that makes an image...

in my humble opinion as always...

Boy-o-boy I'm glad you said that because all I can afford at the moment are those cheap box mixes...

Jun 28 06 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Darkprophet wrote:
I think there has been some misunderstanding... top of the line ingredients does not mean beautiful... it simply means the perfect ingredients for the shot you are trying to accomplish.  Obviously the only great shots in the world aren't just fashion and beauty shots, but if you don't find the best subject for the shot you aren't going to get exactly what you want to accomplish out of the image.  Also I understand not everyone can afford top of the line equipment, but I am sure everyone would have to agree that if you did have the top of the line equipment everyones shots would improve to an extent.  The baker and the egg, flour, and milk are the main ingredients of any cake so yes if you have one of those two things with any combination of the rest you are more likely to get a better shot but not THE BEST shot you could with the best of everything.  I do apologize for not adding in Stylist because they are an important part of the process, but I feel that they fit with the MUA, same goes with hair stylists.  Together they are the icing on the cake....

Uh uh... Too late..

No waffling on the cake recipe..

What, you think you're going to make a souffle' now?

Well all I can say to you is..... BAM!

(I'm out of food jokes, someone turn on the Food Network..)

Jun 28 06 07:23 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I want waffles with peanuts and soap in them

Jun 28 06 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

TrueBeauty

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Hmmm, for me, Photography is like making up a pot of pork & beans
......ummm
...ummm
....ummm

...Ah Fart, I forgot where I was going with this.

Jun 28 06 08:10 pm Link