Forums > General Industry > i need an agent to help .....

Photographer

nathan combs

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

with finding work i had a job with a news paper but when the funding stopped it was no longer available they got rid of me (i am in a program that will pay 50% of my wages for a period of time to any one that heirs me) i am looking for full time employment not interested in running my own business i have a preferences in news papers BUT am also capable of other types of photography work i NEED some one who will sell my skills to other photographers how do i find an agent or a reprentive to do this my resamay is hear

http://nathan.artisthome.com/about.htm

it is a bit out dated

i now live in Waynesboro va (about 25 miles south of Harrisonburg)
i worked for The news Virginian for 4 months

Jun 28 06 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Agents for photographers are called "artist's representatives".  They are very selective in who they choose to represent:  "so many photographers, so little time".  And they are a business.  They are in it to make money.  They aren't interested in photographers who don't make money.

Very few artists reps will take on a photographer who doesn't have an existing client base.  No money in it.  They way you get represented is to find clients and work first, and then get the rep.  Most good reps insist on a minimum annual billing of $100,000 before they are interested in a photographer, but some are more lenient.

Jun 28 06 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

dissolvegirl

Northampton, Massachusetts, US

Learning how to spell "resume" also might help you land a job.

Jun 28 06 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

i invoice a good amount of money each year..but it wans't enough for any of the good reps to be bothered with me...

Jun 28 06 05:06 pm Link

Photographer

nathan combs

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

TXPhotog wrote:
Agents for photographers are called "artist's representatives".  They are very selective in who they choose to represent:  "so many photographers, so little time".  And they are a business.  They are in it to make money.  They aren't interested in photographers who don't make money.

Very few artists reps will take on a photographer who doesn't have an existing client base.  No money in it.  They way you get represented is to find clients and work first, and then get the rep.  Most good reps insist on a minimum annual billing of $100,000 before they are interested in a photographer, but some are more lenient.

i was thinking of some thing a bit different i do not wont some one to sell my photos i need some one to help me get permint work some place like they would pitch a proposal to a potential employer and help with a job search and other stuff sort of like a modeling agency dues for models but the would only have to get me 1 job that is permanent

Jun 29 06 12:14 am Link

Photographer

nathan combs

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

dissolvegirl wrote:
Learning how to spell "resume" also might help you land a job.

ie why i need help lol

Jun 29 06 12:15 am Link

Photographer

nathan combs

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

bump

Jun 30 06 11:48 am Link