Forums > General Industry > Don't use your time to whine about others!

Photographer

Soren McCarty

Boulder, Colorado, US

So I just saw a a forum that was to tell people which models a certain photographer didn't like. I think it is a waste of time and creativity to post Models or Photographers that you don't like or didn't work well with. People please spend your time being creative , and less time on the computer make the shoot happen and work on your networking skills.

Jun 26 06 05:31 pm Link

Model

na52

Soren McCarty wrote:
Don't use your time to whine about others!

...use your time to seduce their mothers!    : D

Jun 26 06 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Soren McCarty wrote:
I think it is a waste of time and creativity to post Models or Photographers that you don't like or didn't work well with. People please spend your time being creative

Seems to me it's their time to waste, or to use to decompress from all that intense creativity they have been forging the rest of the time when they weren't complaining.  Isn't it their decision how to spend, or waste, it?

Truth be told, I don't much like those posts either, but I don't think we can tell other people how to spend their time - or that they can't ever spend their time in a way that is not "creative". 

So I have to ask . . . do you suppose your post is an example of creative use of your time?  Or might it be more similar to the very thing you are complaining about?  Should we tell you not to make such a post?

Jun 26 06 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

studio L

Oakland, California, US

TXPhotog wrote:

Seems to me it's their time to waste, or to use to decompress from all that intense creativity they have been forging the rest of the time when they weren't complaining.  Isn't it their decision how to spend, or waste, it?

Truth be told, I don't much like those posts either, but I don't think we can tell other people how to spend their time - or that they can't ever spend their time in a way that is not "creative". 

So I have to ask . . . do you suppose your post is an example of creative use of your time?  Or might it be more similar to the very thing you are complaining about?  Should we tell you not to make such a post?

It is a rare pleasure to be able to say:
Well said! I agree with you 100.0%.

Jun 26 06 05:58 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

Soren McCarty wrote:
So I just saw a a forum that was to tell people which models a certain photographer didn't like. I think it is a waste of time and creativity to post Models or Photographers that you don't like or didn't work well with. People please spend your time being creative , and less time on the computer make the shoot happen and work on your networking skills.

pot meet kettle.

Jun 26 06 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

KHatch

Utica, New York, US

So we can't complain about other people complaining about other people?

Jun 27 06 11:51 am Link

Photographer

Soren McCarty

Boulder, Colorado, US

Totally Missed the Point , I was saying use you time to make art . Don't spend all your time on the computer, Blah , Blah ,Blah . Really I don't give a fuck what anyone does , I just think it is petty , and childish to rant about others. I think we can all learn from each other.

Jun 27 06 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Photocraft

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Please tell me you are entertaining us, no?
Do you sideline for theOnion?

Jun 27 06 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Oh the irony...

Jun 27 06 12:48 pm Link