Forums > General Industry > Okay, Atlanta Market.... What is up with it?

Model

William Epps

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Okay, so yes, some models do live in Georgia, not many white male models as I am. But there are a ton of female models and such in atlanta. Why is there no market. No fashion week.... You may hear rumors of fashion week. but from what I have heard and have learned from people are , well most are rumor exactly and thats it. Atlanta models have no luck. great city plenty of goals to reach. But for models and anything fashion wise. You'd seriously have to be a rapper to get anywhere from the dirty dirty. why?

Jun 26 06 10:45 am Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

LoL! I agree in a way with your concern. I also think the atlanta market is incredibly urban which is good for girls who are trying to break into that sort of modeling but sucks for some of us too.

But isn't it said that Atlanta is primarily a commercial market if anything else? Well thats good news for some of us.

Jun 26 06 12:43 pm Link

Model

Lilliana Ferreira

Miami, Florida, US

Well I can't rap.
I don't sing.
And I'm pierced.

Yeah the Atlanta market has limited space for me.

I hear you both on this one.

Jun 26 06 01:04 pm Link

Model

Lilliana Ferreira

Miami, Florida, US

Jun 26 06 01:04 pm Link

Model

Cristal Steverson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Every market has it's core.  High Fashion models do well in NYC, Bikini Models do well in Miami.  Atlanta has a huge urban market.  The longer your list is of things you won't do, the less work you book... anywhere.

Jun 26 06 01:08 pm Link