Forums > General Industry > Fly in no show.

Photographer

glenn my name today

Lancaster, California, US

Merlinpix wrote:
I find it easier to spread the word about said 'model'  to  others interested in shooting her.

Paul

Ok, so spread the word..who is she?

Jun 26 06 07:30 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

I think this is the overlooked key.  Without a phone call the day before, I wouldn't count on a model to show when she's coming from 3 subway stops away.

i LOVE subways BMT with the toasted roll!!!

Jun 26 06 07:32 am Link

Photographer

ClevelandSlim

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

daxinho wrote:
Is odd that you would not call her the day before to make sure that she is alive.. and safe and all that...

odd, why?  maybe he was busy.  the fact that the chic (CHIC, not model) didn't get her azz on the plane has NOTHING to do with the fact he didn't give her a courtesy call the day before.

~Slim~

Jun 26 06 07:48 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Merlinpix wrote:
The excuse " I have it in my book for next week".
I could understand a local TFP screwup but a paying  gig with free airfare..geezeus!

Thank you for letting me vent smile
Paul

Well once they book I am always on them about dates and to make sure they know what day it is.  I do this over and over just so they know.  But then if they do not show then you will get that good ole excuse.  MY GRANNY DIED ON THE WAY TO THE AIRPORT.  Feel your paid dude.  bs

Jun 26 06 07:50 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

Are you guys really making that kind of scratch to be flying models in for your photo sessions and paying them on top of that?

I'm serious.

Sure am.  bs

Jun 26 06 07:51 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

maybe she was upset at her coach seating assignment...try upgrading to business class flights.

Jun 26 06 07:54 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Craig Thomson wrote:
Am I really that blind that I can't see what you’re talking about?

Don't know what to tell ya.

Jun 26 06 08:58 am Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

lll wrote:

Because there can be some restrictions in shooting agency models, but for paying jobs, you cannot rely on people with no credibility.  Bigler is here to probably look for that one in a few thousands that has the look he wants, who is unsigned and understands the real value of shooting with someone his caliber.

And, of course, very obviously, he comes to give people shxt.  smile

Absolutely... could not have said it better!

Jebbia.. the difference is... you see only the booty boobjob girls when you look here... and yet I only saw Alana Marie!  Funny that.  And iLL was right... about the shit part...!!!

Jun 26 06 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

Craig Thomson wrote:
Sounds kind of sad to me.

Should I mail you some tissue?

Jun 26 06 02:33 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

Craig Thomson wrote:
Are you guys really making that kind of scratch to be flying models in for your photo sessions and paying them on top of that?

I'm serious.

I am shooting a model right now I brought in from Kansas.  I am flying another in from Boston next week.

When I do webwork, I look for the right model for the right job.  So many of the girls in L.A. are overexposed so I go wherever I have to to get new talent.

The cost is minimal if the site makes money.

You never fly me in...not even a taxi sad

Jun 26 06 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

Since when is it okay to give anyone a hard time intentionally? Sounds kind of sad to me.

That's just how some people are and I appreciate it.  It tells me what kind of person they are and makes my decision easier on whether or not I'd want to have anything to do with them.

Jun 26 06 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

BCG wrote:
maybe she was upset at her coach seating assignment...try upgrading to business class flights.

LOL, actually there's no bad seats on JetBlue.
There a hell of a lot better then the ones I got sitting with my fellow  'passengers' waiting for the green light.

Paul

Jun 28 06 02:37 am Link

Photographer

Chuck Holliday

New York, New York, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
I think this is the overlooked key.  Without a phone call the day before, I wouldn't count on a model to show when she's coming from 3 subway stops away.

exactly! alot of these girls couldnt even be depended upon within the same borough, let alone being invested in with a plane ticket, lol

but maybe its me, but a webgirl shouldnt have been given that much responsibility... it doesnt matter how much she's agreeing to the plan, bottom line is she's a webgirl, and youre putting a plane ticket in the hands of something not proven.. and even better, does she want to even be proven? thats the real question for those girls, lol.

Jun 29 06 03:35 am Link

Photographer

Tryingreallyhard Delete

Dallas, Texas, US

I've had one model in 14 years pull a no-show after the booking of air-fare.  Technically he wasn't a "no-show" as he wrote me an e-mail days before and long after the non-refundable flight was booked with some "regret to inform" bullshit in the subject line.  He stated in his e-mail he would reimburse me for the airfare...but of course that never happened.  In this case there was no written contract...as there rarely is in these deals for me.  HOWEVER, I still sued the little mongrel for breach of contract. (Verbal agreements are still binding.)  Just like with me, he no-showed on his court date and I took a default judgment against him for the costs of the airfare, court costs, and attorney's fees.  (Of course I've never collected a penny.)  However, he did call me the other day wining because that judgment on his credit was keeping him from buying a house.  All together now...WHAAAAH!!  And get this, he wanted to do the shoot afterall or pay me for the air fare ONLY if I would have the judgment removed from his credit. Of course that ain't happenin unless and until he pays the full amout of the judgment.

Jun 29 06 06:51 am Link

Model

Sindia

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Sorry to hear that.. To think other models are in serious search for paid work and she just did not take care of her responsiblities.

Jun 29 06 06:57 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Steven Bigler wrote:
... and this is why we book real models from real agencies.....

...And let all of the other models who are not signed to agencies or don't want to be to DIE!  Because if one of them fucks up, they all fuck up!

Jun 29 06 07:02 am Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Bumping all the no-show threads.  Got the idea from somebody else.

Jan 13 07 12:10 pm Link