Forums > General Industry > others like me

Model

Elle Meadows

Manhattan Beach, California, US

ok so when people ask how much money i have made modeling I don't feel that it is relevant. I know that this may sound corny, but I don't model for the money, I model because I find it fun, and i love the work. At the end of the day, i model for the finished product and not for the benefits that come out of it. Does anyone model or are photographers for the same reason? Or do you just beleive that this isn't possible?

Jun 25 06 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

Michelle Meadows wrote:
ok so when people ask how much money i have made modeling I don't feel that it is relevant. I know that this may sound corny, but I don't model for the money, I model because I find it fun, and i love the work. At the end of the day, i model for the finished product and not for the benefits that come out of it. Does anyone model or are photographers for the same reason? Or do you just beleive that this isn't possible?

Nearly all of the models I've shot with have chosen modeling as their means of earning a living, meaning they do it both because they enjoy it and to pay the bills.  smile

Jun 25 06 09:30 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

I, for one, would gladly walk the fanciest fashion show unpaid (or at least a small one that happened to be a little glitzy) simply for the fun of it. Ditto for getting to be in a magazine I really like or a well-known movie.

Jun 25 06 09:31 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

Vivus Denuo wrote:
...meaning they do it both because they enjoy it and to pay the bills.  smile

-and, I second that too. Right now I'm doing it for fun as well as to find out how far I can take things with my new agency and paying jobs.

Jun 25 06 09:34 pm Link