Forums > General Industry > Just landed in the Showcase!

Photographer

Moonsbreath

Brownwood, Texas, US

Don't get me wrong - ModelMayhem is my favorite place to be...but I just had my first Showcase image in omp.  Ironically, the model is an MM model - NicotineDesire, who is just incredible.  I'm so excited - I just can't hide it! haha  Got the best of both portfolio worlds!

Jun 25 06 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

SMK Images

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

Congrats! Not something to sneeze at as my Mom would say. Which image is it that was showcased?

Jun 25 06 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Moonsbreath

Brownwood, Texas, US

Thank you! It's one of those milestones that makes you feel like you're headed in the right direction, y'know?

It's the 9th image on the 2nd page of my MM port. ;c)

Jun 25 06 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

SMK Images

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

Yes I do know. Unfortunatly that is a milestone that I have not reached yet... sad But all in good time!

Is it the "Dancing On Her Grave" pic? If not it should be...

Jun 25 06 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

Moonsbreath

Brownwood, Texas, US

I've looked at your portfolio, and you are certainly on your way.  I love the images of Mira.  The one where she's "enjoying" her friend is truly beautiful.  Left you a comment on that one.  I like your self-portrait, as well.

It's the one of the dark-haired girl in fetish wear sitting on the steps.  May be before "Dancing on Her Grave"...and thank you. :c)

Jun 25 06 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

Dalmar

Miami, Florida, US

Moonsbreath wrote:
Don't get me wrong - ModelMayhem is my favorite place to be...but I just had my first Showcase image in OMP.  Ironically, the model is an MM model - NicotineDesire, who is just incredible.  I'm so excited - I just can't hide it! haha  Got the best of both portfolio worlds!

Those are really hard to get, and it feels great when your work is judged to be amongst the best!

Congratulations! 
Dale (OMP # 40184)

Jun 25 06 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

SMK Images

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

Thank you! I haven't been shooting too long and have been having a rather difficult time finding models that will work with me here in Colorado on a TFP basis... but I try my best with what I have avalible to me.

And after I came back and re-read your post about it being the 9th image I realized which one it was that was showcased. I'm a little slow today...

Jun 25 06 03:53 pm Link

Photographer

jackfrost

Austin, Indiana, US

congrads love !

Jun 25 06 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

Moonsbreath

Brownwood, Texas, US

Dalmar wrote:

Those are really hard to get, and it feels great when your work is judged to be amongst the best!

Congratulations! 
Dale (OMP # 40184)

Jun 25 06 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

Moonsbreath

Brownwood, Texas, US

Dalmar wrote:

Congratulations! 
Dale (OMP # 40184)

Thank you! It does feel great!

Jun 25 06 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

Moonsbreath

Brownwood, Texas, US

SMK Images wrote:
Thank you! I haven't been shooting too long and have been having a rather difficult time finding models that will work with me here in Colorado on a TFP basis... but I try my best with what I have avalible to me.

And after I came back and re-read your post about it being the 9th image I realized which one it was that was showcased. I'm a little slow today...

I understand.  I live in rural West Central Texas, so my options for semi-pro/pro models were limited in the beginning.  I just did what you are doing and started out with friends who were willing to portray my vision and went from there.  The more I shot what was inside me, the more people seemed to want to be part of it.  You definitely have the "knack", so just keep pushing the boundaries - stay true to your vision.

Jun 25 06 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

Moonsbreath

Brownwood, Texas, US

jackfrost wrote:
congrads love !

Thank you, dah-link! Can't wait to work with you!!!

Jun 25 06 04:16 pm Link

Model

Kizzy

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

I'm very happy for you...congrats are definitely in order!  BTW, I haven't given up yet on us working together some day!  :-)

Kizzy   (OMP #198943)

Jun 25 06 06:53 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

Congratulations!  smile

Jun 25 06 06:55 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Not something to be completely thrilled with. I am guessing it had a nude model in it correct?

Must be why I am so popular there = /

Jun 25 06 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Congrats, of course, but to say that they're rare would be quite incorrect - showcases on OMP are given out in vast numbers. Certainly, some admin liked your shot enough to give it one, but do know that there are, literally, thousands upon thousands given out every year.

Jun 25 06 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

W__

Bloomfield, Connecticut, US

Christopher Ambler wrote:
Congrats, of course, but to say that they're rare would be quite incorrect - showcases on OMP are given out in vast numbers. Certainly, some admin liked your shot enough to give it one, but do know that there are, literally, thousands upon thousands given out every year.

Thousands upon Thousands?? That is cool. I wonder if they actually have thousands upon thousands in their Showcase Galleries? Well, I guess maybe 2000. But still it is cool to hear. Did you know that most statistics are made up on the spot about 85 percent of the time?

Oh and if you hold your breath long enough, OMP will psychically realize you are waiting for a showcase, pick your worst picture and deem it FANTASTIC for all of the world to see? Well maybe not the whole world but at least the thousand upon thousands of viewers everyday.

Wow, I just pulled the hair out of my butt! That was wild.

Jun 26 06 02:39 am Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Hey -- congrats are in order! I just downgraded my OMP membership to the basic one today because I've had absolutely no leads from it in a long time (#686). It's really cool you got a feature, though! And again -- congrats!

-Pat-

Jun 26 06 08:51 am Link