Forums > General Industry > what can we all do better?

Photographer

Patrick Shipstad

Burbank, California, US

I'm sure everyone here has had experiences that could have gone better if the model or photographer had done something different before, during or after a shoot. I hope that this will be a CONSTRUCTIVE thread and not rant fest on each other. How about some simple ideas that would help smooth out a photo shoot? lemme start..

Models: when bringing wardrobe to a shoot, please bring clean, ironed clothes. Even to a well paying job, models have come with clothes that are balled up and wrinkled in a duffle bag. Some that seriously look like they've been in a hamper for weeks. Not only does it make you look unprofessional and sloppy.. but PhotoShopping out wrinkles out of clothes is a miserable experience. Clean, ironed clothes help make for a great looking model and photo shoot!

There ya go..

Jun 25 06 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

My flaw that I can see is I have too much equipment for location shoots and I've forgotten things at times and had to return home to get them or have them brought to me.
So more of a check list on what I need to take the night before a shoot aside from laying every thing out like I do now.

Jun 25 06 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Shipstad

Burbank, California, US

Yes, with regards to location shooting.. don't try and do it alone. Having a friend or assistant there to hold a bounce board can make or break a shoot. And it's a lot easier than lugging the stands and sandbags you'd need if there wasn't someone there to just hold them! :-P

Jun 26 06 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

Lexi Evans

Levittown, New York, US

when i first started i would have a bunch of friends get together and then take their pictures. While we always had alot of fun, i didn't get as much done as I should and could have. I would say staying focused is incredibly important, while maintaining a fun environment.

Jun 26 06 02:18 pm Link