Forums > General Industry > Check your DA--N e-mail !

Photographer

Scott Evans

Cypress, California, US

The one this that drives me nusts is when someone tells you to e-mail them for communication puroses and it is a week later that they respond.  You know they are in town becaus the MM site was accessed daily etc.  I know people get busy, but heck we all do.   

I know people get busy and are out of town etc, but if you are going to tell someone to e-mail you on Monday I feel it is safe to assume that by that Friday you should have a response,,,,amd I being silly?

READ the first paragraph!

Jun 25 06 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Macphoto

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I got a better one!  They get the email, open it, but no response.  I give 'em a week and ask if I should take them off my list.  Mostly I do get responses like:

I read 'em at work and don't have time to answer

My girlfriend reads them for me and doesn't know how to respond

I've just been thinking

My responses are:  Don't read them at work, and even if you do, personally I type about as fast as I read so it shouldn't be a problem.

Reading emails first hand is a challenge for many of the models I have encountered here, much less getting it through an interpreter.  That one gets the delete button, but I tell them why first.

I don't ask any questions that require more thoughts than those already in your head.  The models that have to consult with ALL their friends aren't for me.  If you can't make decisions on your own, this probably isn't the place for you.  If they make it to a shoot, where are their friends, on speaker phone??

Jun 25 06 01:53 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

;-)

sometimes thinking takes a long time.....

Jun 25 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

but i dont want to read it......why should i read it if i dont want to....

Jun 25 06 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

phcorcoran

Lawrence, Indiana, US

Sometimes girls don't return telephone messages from boys.  The average middle school boy is smart enough to figure out that means the girl isn't interested in him.  Why aren't grown photographers that smart?

As for late responses: people always respond immediately if something is important to them.  If you get a late response, find a middle school boy and ask him to explain what that means. 

. . . or you could just go ahead and set up a shoot and then have the model not show up.

Jun 25 06 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Anjel Britt wrote:
;-)

sometimes thinking takes a long time.....

https://www-scf.usc.edu/~lgiang/images/pooh_thinking.jpg

Jun 25 06 06:15 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

That'd be cool if MM had a feature where you'd get some kind of alert when you have a new PM...so that you'd log into your MM account and it'd say "You have 1 new message" or something like that.  That way you don't have to keep clicking on the MY STUFF button to keep checking.

Jun 25 06 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Tikeya wrote:
That'd be cool if MM had a feature where you'd get some kind of alert when you have a new PM...so that you'd log into your MM account and it'd say "You have 1 new message" or something like that.  That way you don't have to keep clicking on the MY STUFF button to keep checking.

It should email your regular email and tell you have a message.

Jun 25 06 06:17 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

Yeah, like how MySpace does it.  That'd be cool.

Jun 25 06 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Tikeya wrote:
Yeah, like how MySpace does it.  That'd be cool.

MM does that.

Jun 25 06 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Welcome to the Bring Back Blinky campaign.

Jun 25 06 06:30 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

Mike Cummings wrote:

MM does that.

I'm sorry...you're right.  MM does send an alert to your e-mail (I get it at my Yahoo! e-mail).  I meant that while I'm logged into MM (on my slow computer I only have one window open at a time), it'd be cool to get one of those blinking "You have 1 new message" alerts.

Jun 25 06 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

The MM feature I really appreciate is the note if your message has been read or not. This way you know if the person hasn't checked their messages, or is just blowing you off.

Jun 25 06 11:57 pm Link