Forums > General Industry > Pinup photographers...

Hair Stylist

Britt Castaneda

Farmers Branch, Texas, US

...in texas.
I am looking to perfect my craft and work with more photographers that specialize in this genre.This is something I have dreamed of doing for over a decade(yes,I am the queen of procrastination) and I am still learning.
Also,I have a fairly extensive vintage wardrobe to pull from and what I don't own,I can more than likely find.

Now as more of a hobby I would love to model,the closer that big 40 approaches the more I feel the need to preserve my youth through photography.
So,if you wouldn't mind photographing an older petite,plump and curvy little redhead without a serious bone in her body,let me know.There is a pic of me in my port.

On a side note...
If you are from out of state and specialize in pinups,I do have connections to the hotel industry if you need a room.Hmmm...I will bribe for pinups!!!

If there are no interested parties at least allow me to thank ya'all for reading my ramblings,I apologize for it's length.

Vintagely,
      Rubyredlocks

Jun 23 06 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

rubyredlocks wrote:
...in texas.
I am looking to perfect my craft and work with more photographers that specialize in this genre.This is something I have dreamed of doing for over a decade(yes,I am the queen of procrastination) and I am still learning.
Also,I have a fairly extensive vintage wardrobe to pull from and what I don't own,I can more than likely find.

Now as more of a hobby I would love to model,the closer that big 40 approaches the more I feel the need to preserve my youth through photography.
So,if you wouldn't mind photographing an older petite,plump and curvy little redhead without a serious bone in her body,let me know.There is a pic of me in my port.

On a side note...
If you are from out of state and specialize in pinups,I do have connections to the hotel industry if you need a room.Hmmm...I will bribe for pinups!!!

If there are no interested parties at least allow me to thank ya'all for reading my ramblings,I apologize for it's length.

Vintagely,
      Rubyredlocks

I will COME out there, I normally travel ONCE a year to Texas to catch up with everyone out there, I have shoots to do with modlels, currently in Dallas, Waco, Austin, and San Angelo
If you can pull a "kitty" together and get transportation there and back and lodging I can shoot sessions "at cost" and also provide for crazy props and cars etc. etc. I have some very good connections in Dallas for vintage cars and motorcycles.
I`ll come out there in Sept./Oct. if I can get at least 12 gals set and ready and I`d need at least 10 days there, I like to shoot a gal a day as I work on the road, don`t want to be stressed or anything, my trips are always very relaxin and produce as you already know some great work.....so let`s work on a 2006 TEXAS SHOOTOUT for KoolGirlieStuff coming soon!!!!  write me for my phone number let`s talk smile

Cheers

Tom

Jun 23 06 09:17 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Britt Castaneda

Tom-
   You just gave me goosebumps,I am so there.
I can help with hair(though,a majority of your girls do fab styles themselves)and some will have to come to my salon since I have to be at work tues.-sat.But I will make room for anyone wanting to shoot with you that does not know how to do a vintage style.
We have an Embassy Suites in North Dallas that I can set you up in with enough advance notice and a Best Western in more of the heart of the city that is easier to book.
Let's see what we can set up.

I feel like doing a victory dance!

Jun 23 06 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Long

MCALLEN, Texas, US

Well, if you wish to do it in San Antonio, I've got about 8 pinup models down here (3 are on my page now) that I have access to, and they just happen to work with a classic car club here.  I know several motorcycle clubs as well, so bikes can be gotten too. 

But in all honesty, let me know where/when for the shoot, and I'll see if I might be able to join as well.

PS --- RubyRedLocks, I'd work with you anyday!

Jun 23 06 09:34 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Britt Castaneda

KGS- I forgot to ask but what is a "kitty"?
I'm still green around the edges and need to learn the proper lingo.

Ken-
You have some amazing girls.I don't know when I'll be able to travel.I went to Vivalasvegas back in april and have a wedding next week to attend in kentucky,so that's about it for the rest of the year for my traveling.
If we can make arrangements for you to come here for the shootout that would be lovely.I can't wait to see more of your pinups,I love what I see so far.
Aaahh,and thank you so much for your kind words!

Jun 23 06 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Long

MCALLEN, Texas, US

We will definately have to see... Maybe I can get a "kitty" together for you to come down here so you won't have to pay for your gas/hotel, and you can get a chance to work with some of San Antonio's finest Pinup models.  (By the way, at least 4 of them are in an upcoming book about pinups as well)

Jun 23 06 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Long

MCALLEN, Texas, US

KGS ---

I hope you can come out here for a shoot.  It would be great to share a set with you for a bit.  You've got great work

Ken

Jun 23 06 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

Viva Van Story

Long Branch, New Jersey, US

I'll be in Dallas on  Aug. 3rd & 4th.. most of the girls I'm working with do there own styling for this run but I may have one girl you can play with... or I can show you some of my tricks with hair.

Jun 23 06 10:06 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Britt Castaneda

Viva-
What a generous offer.
Consider me your personal hair slave!
I'll hold bobby pins,hairspray,pick up lunch,and anything else it takes to be a fly on the wall while your primping the gals and shooting.
-Ruby

Jun 23 06 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

rubyredlocks wrote:
Viva-
What a generous offer.
Consider me your personal hair slave!
I'll hold bobby pins,hairspray,pick up lunch,and anything else it takes to be a fly on the wall while your primping the gals and shooting.
-Ruby

Ooo, I love how that sounds. Kinky, yet functional as hell

Jun 23 06 10:21 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Britt Castaneda

Hehe,I make a great submissive!Wow,that suddenly sounds like the name of a cocktail.
So,what are you drinking?
A Submissive,wanna try?

Jun 23 06 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

Ken Long wrote:
KGS ---

I hope you can come out here for a shoot.  It would be great to share a set with you for a bit.  You've got great work

Ken

Heya Ken, thank you very much smile  I don`t know what you meant by share a set? I don`t work/shoot together with any photographer`s if that what you meant?

But I will be organizing a  weekend Florida Retro Workshop in the future for paying photographer`s which I`m sure will turn out to be a most interesting experience for anyone who`s really interested in Retro Photography smile

I love TEXAS and I`m looking forward to my next trip there

Jun 24 06 02:23 am Link

Hair Stylist

Britt Castaneda

Okay,so I just re-read KGS's post.So a "kitty" is pretty much being able to provide hotel and airfare.What about transportation once a photographer is in the city?
Anything else?
What is the proper way to get a "kitty" together?
I am assuming that I need to find models interested in working with a particular photographer and then everyone chips in,right?

Oh,I have my first shoot scheduled in 2 weeks with CharlieG.Such a nervous,but excited feeling about being on the other side.
Amazing how every piece of clothing I own now seems boring!
It's an outdoor shoot,so I don't feel comfortable wearing lingerie yet and I just used my only vintage bathing suit on another model.She looked great and loved it,so I'm not at all disappointed.

Jun 26 06 09:32 am Link

Hair Stylist

Britt Castaneda

*bump*

Jun 26 06 09:11 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

holy moly i wish i could be in this somehow..

Jun 27 06 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

frank de blase

Rochester, New York, US

Viva Van Story wrote:
I'll be in Dallas on  Aug. 3rd & 4th.. most of the girls I'm working with do there own styling for this run but I may have one girl you can play with... or I can show you some of my tricks with hair.

....all these self appointed experts and  pin-up photography jokers lookin for a free ride and cheap peek crack me up...viva van story stands tall above them all and is easily the best in the whole USA ...get viva to shoot ya, baby and it'll be beautiful and lasting

Jun 27 06 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

removed member

frank de blase wrote:
....all these self appointed experts and  pin-up photography jokers lookin for a free ride and cheap peek crack me up...viva van story stands tall above them all and is easily the best in the whole USA ...get viva to shoot ya, baby and it'll be beautiful and lasting

you should try flowers and candy bro.

fyi...a good majority of people in this industry learn by assisting.  often...for free.  i wouldnt call trying to further your knowledge "looking for a free ride and a cheap peek."

Jun 27 06 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

frank de blase wrote:

jason messer wrote:

fyi...a good majority of people in this industry learn by assisting.  often...for free.  i wouldnt call trying to further your knowledge "looking for a free ride and a cheap peek."

Well said Jason.

Everything I've learned was from assisting and getting my "peek" on.

It looks like I'm doing things all wrong; I don't have half the T&A in my portfolio.

Can I get a w00t w00t

Jun 27 06 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

SensualThemes

Swoyersville, Pennsylvania, US

I'll shoot with you anytime, setup a feature on www.pinups4.com and also accept pinup photos you'd like to donate...

(570) 237 0124 or email [email protected]

Jun 27 06 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

frank de blase

Rochester, New York, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

frank de blase wrote:

Well said Jason.

Everything I've learned was from assisting and getting my "peek" on.

It looks like I'm doing things all wrong; I don't have half the T&A in my portfolio.

Can I get a w00t w00t

sorry i fellas i wasn't refering to assisting...we can all learn from that. i was referring to a lot of the self righteous self apointed experts that adhere to narrow definitions in pin-up style photograpghy and don't respect those who like to blur the lines. I finished my point, or at least i thought i did by mentioning viva van story who despite being more of a traditionalist, still runs with cats like me who push the style in other directions

Jun 27 06 11:06 pm Link

Photographer

SensualThemes

Swoyersville, Pennsylvania, US

I'll be happy to come out and shoot with you...maybe you want to use those pics (or any others you have) to donate for a feature spot on either www.makeitsexy.com or www.pinups4.com

Based in northeastern PA...(570 2370124) or [email protected]

Jun 27 06 11:08 pm Link

Photographer

Viva Van Story

jason messer wrote:

Hi Jason..  How are you?  I've always loved your images esp. of gogo Amy.   I found that kitten along time ago on myspace and now she's just as big as Marilyn herself. She's so dam perfect.  Frank and I are good friends so don't get too caught up in our silly talk back and forth.  Frank is a singer from an old rockabilly band so he's been in this scene for a very long time and some of us just get all crazy about it because it's something we hold very special because it's like family to us...  must be the upright base in our ears..got us jumping jumping.   He's a good guy!  I'm blessed to have some really great friends and fans online considering all the bs and drama that most people live off of .. it's more fun to dance and eat mexican food.   

Now everyone be nice and get along..  dam now I'm hungry.

Jun 27 06 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

Viva Van Story

frank de blase wrote:

you are sweet frank but I don't mind showing a make-up gal how to do some hair.. that's fun and we'll have a girl's night of it.  Our club house has a sign that reads "NO BOYS ALLOWED"!!  ha ha  Are coming to Asbury Lanes for the rumblers car event ...  Kings of Nuthin are playing..  ya gotta love that band right?

Jun 27 06 11:25 pm Link

Photographer

myfotographer

Fresno, California, US

Why don't we make this a group weekend Pinup fest.

I'd come out for that.

Jun 27 06 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

FabioTovar

Culver City, California, US

Did someone call me?
https://myspace-864.vo.llnwd.net/00835/46/87/835927864_l.jpg
I think I heard a beconing call for my pinup skills.............

Jun 27 06 11:33 pm Link

Model

Naomi Vida

Brooklyn, New York, US

Sounds like so much fun, wish I was anywhere near Texas wink

Jun 27 06 11:41 pm Link

Photographer

frank de blase

Rochester, New York, US

Viva Van Story wrote:

you are sweet frank but I don't mind showing a make-up gal how to do some hair.. that's fun and we'll have a girl's night of it.  Our club house has a sign that reads "NO BOYS ALLOWED"!!  ha ha  Are coming to Asbury Lanes for the rumblers car event ...  Kings of Nuthin are playing..  ya gotta love that band right?

sweet, sweet miss viva, thanks for sticking up for me but again i think i was just misunderstood (perhaps the story of my life). I wasn't knocking anyone who assists or asks advice or who gives it. I do all the time. I was trying to make a point about photographers that act rather high and mighty and brag when there stuff is kinda pedestrian....the free ride referred to not compensating models in any way and the cheap peek was about free leers at  the models they sucker into shooting.. i just didn't wanna name names..sorry i guess i was feeling a bit porky...so when'e the rumbler's shin-dig?

Jun 27 06 11:42 pm Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

Jun 28 06 12:15 am Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

rubyredlocks wrote:
Tom-
   You just gave me goosebumps,I am so there.
I can help with hair(though,a majority of your girls do fab styles themselves)and some will have to come to my salon since I have to be at work tues.-sat.But I will make room for anyone wanting to shoot with you that does not know how to do a vintage style.
We have an Embassy Suites in North Dallas that I can set you up in with enough advance notice and a Best Western in more of the heart of the city that is easier to book.
Let's see what we can set up.

I feel like doing a victory dance!

It will lovely to come back and shoot in one of my favorite states with some of the finest Retro models in the world, it will be great fun to throw this all together smile

Take care and I`ll call you soon!

Jun 28 06 12:49 am Link

Photographer

frank de blase

Rochester, New York, US

Viva Van Story wrote:

Hi Jason..  How are you?  I've always loved your images esp. of gogo Amy.   I found that kitten along time ago on myspace and now she's just as big as Marilyn herself. She's so dam perfect.  Frank and I are good friends so don't get too caught up in our silly talk back and forth.  Frank is a singer from an old rockabilly band so he's been in this scene for a very long time and some of us just get all crazy about it because it's something we hold very special because it's like family to us...  must be the upright base in our ears..got us jumping jumping.   He's a good guy!  I'm blessed to have some really great friends and fans online considering all the bs and drama that most people live off of .. it's more fun to dance and eat mexican food.   

Now everyone be nice and get along..  dam now I'm hungry.

..see, this is why i don't get involved with this online chat bullshit... i say a coupla salty remarks that include myself, but at no one in particular and it gets all misconstrued...people thought i was slagging the learning process and one photographer thought i was slagging him...the paranoia and the confusion was funny but ultimately rather disapointing...i was making a point about you as a fantastic photograper, and a no shit gal and that everyone is second best when youre in the room. i leave the rest for those who have time to on their computers all day...love ya baby

Jun 28 06 09:32 am Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

Jun 28 06 12:33 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Britt Castaneda

Sinsazia-Help me with the "kitty" and we'll get KGS up here for us.

Frank-Debates are always welcome,salty remarks and all!
It all boils down to our personal perceptions and everyone has their own.At the end of it all,everyone just agrees to disagree and then goes out for a lonestar and some tex-mex.(At least,that's what we do in texas)

To all concerned,
Disclaimer:Lonestar beer is an acquired taste.Please,if you feel the urge to see just what the heck a lonestar tastes like,based on my recommendation,then please note that I never said it was good.
Now,we continue with our regularly scheduled program.

Viva-
I'm looking forward to making a night of our girly hair session. Good to know you like mexican food.How do you feel about Tex-mex?

KGS-I'm so excited and glad I have time to get in better shape before you get out here.

Jul 03 06 07:53 pm Link