Forums > General Industry > Can Music / Modeling Go Hand in Hand?

Model

Mike A L L E N

San Francisco, California, US

As I haven't identified a lot of MM members that also do music, can this go hand in hand with the modeling world?  Recently, I found several female models on MySpace and just added them as friends.  Would like to also find more (male/female).  I feature 16 other profiles and that site reaches 70 million plus.

Plus, all my music is free.

Jun 22 06 02:37 pm Link

Model

Edyn

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking...

Jun 22 06 03:18 pm Link

Model

Mike A L L E N

San Francisco, California, US

I notice a lot of people on Model Mayhem are also on MySpace.  I think they both reach out to different audiences on mass levels.

Would you agree?

Jun 22 06 03:43 pm Link

Model

Edyn

Sure, I agree. Myspace just reaches a general audience. I think any form of artistic expression compliments each other and can be used to promote the other. Lovers of art and creativity usually don't limit their love to only one form of art.

I have found a lot of MMers are musicians though, and painters and poets and etc, etc...

Jun 22 06 04:25 pm Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I date alot of musicians.

Jun 22 06 05:30 pm Link

Model

Little Miss Lady

Los Angeles, California, US

Jun 22 06 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

sure. some of us are also musicians.

me, here though, i don't bring my music to my photography or, vice-versa, my photography to my music. two different worlds.

doesn't mean both can't work together; have to have a marketable image to push behind the voice in the music biz ...

anyway, business. just business. g'luck!

FML

Jun 22 06 05:40 pm Link

Model

Edyn

Susi wrote:
I date alot of musicians.

Me too...lol What is it about them?

Jun 22 06 05:50 pm Link

Model

angelinme

It's almost like asking how many models are actors too....of course.

Jun 22 06 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Ziff

FML-Photography wrote:
me, here though, i don't bring my music to my photography or, vice-versa, my photography to my music. two different worlds.

doesn't mean both can't work together; have to have a marketable image to push behind the voice in the music biz ...

FML

how can you separate the two?

i mean, maybe i'm dumb--but either creativity exists or it doesn't--and if you're talented at multiple skilled crafts, you're going to draw from the same creative pool--especially if you're male [in whom creativity is sparked by the emotive center (limbic stem)].

the aesthetic of my photography may not correspond with the feel of my music entirely, and yet, people are still able to extract things about my personality from both.  i think that's key to recognizing that they're inherently conjoined.

Jun 22 06 06:03 pm Link

Model

angelinme

Brian Ziff wrote:

i mean, maybe i'm dumb--but either creativity exists or it doesn't--and if you're talented at multiple skilled crafts, you're going to draw from the same creative pool--especially if you're male [in whom creativity is sparked by the emotive center (limbic stem)].

the aesthetic of my photography may not correspond with the feel of my music entirely, and yet, people are still able to extract things about my personality from both.  i think that's key to recognizing that they're inherently conjoined.

In so many words, but I agree with him

Jun 22 06 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

Brian Ziff wrote:

what i meant is that on my photography page there's no link to my musical page & in my musical work there is no reference to my photography. if i'm playing & asked about my photography, for example, i'll usually politely decline to answer. simply a choice.

FML

Jun 22 06 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Ziff

i'm always afraid of being one of those people who is mediocre at 100 different things, but brilliant at none.  for this reason, i feel completely uncomfortable discussing anything i do with strangers--it makes me feel compelled to back up the title, and i hate that situation.

nonetheless, i don't think it's what i do that defines me.  i prefer to think that what i do is a result of that which defines me.

Jun 22 06 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

Brian Ziff wrote:
i don't think it's what i do that defines me. i prefer to think that what i do is a result of that which defines me.

here! here! well said! perhaps the best yet! kudos Brian!

FML

Jun 22 06 06:27 pm Link

Model

Edyn

Brian Ziff wrote:
i'm always afraid of being one of those people who is mediocre at 100 different things, but brilliant at none.  for this reason, i feel completely uncomfortable discussing anything i do with strangers--it makes me feel compelled to back up the title, and i hate that situation.

nonetheless, i don't think it's what i do that defines me.  i prefer to think that what i do is a result of that which defines me.

Yes, very well said! Yet in this world it seems so hard to avoid explaining the "who am I" without the "what I do."

Jun 22 06 06:41 pm Link

Model

AuLa

West Hollywood, California, US

If drugs can, music can.

Jun 22 06 07:10 pm Link

Model

Jade Jorarni

I am a musician first. Then I'm a "Model" on the side i guess... 

= P

Jun 22 06 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Mike, I am involved with both music and photography.  The two industries of modeling and music do have much in common, but for various reasons I do keep it separate.  In the short run, modeling makes money right now, in the long run, I think music is the retirement fund.   LOL 

I will catch you on MySpace then because I have a profile for both my model website and music publication. Internet Model Club and Backstage411 please check it out!  Of course the music one grows at twice the speed as the modeling ... more people interested I think?

Best wishes,
Patrick

Jun 22 06 09:15 pm Link