Forums > General Industry > Straight teeth.

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Really important.

Jun 22 06 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

All 3 of mine are……. and no I don't believe that non-straight teeth should be allowed to be married wink

Jun 22 06 02:22 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I think so.  But if you notice that most models who have been known for their teeth per say have straight not perfect teeth. Lauren Hutton, for example, has very straight teeth but she has a gap. (like me!!!) I think that as long as the top row are really straight and clean then the model should be okay.  Perfect example of this is Tyra Banks.  Her top row of teeth are perfect and gorgeous but the bottom row is a bit crowded.

Jun 22 06 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

Lexi Evans

Levittown, New York, US

i was just thinking that!

I think that perfection is not always necessary. but damn, they better not be yellow or gross or totally messed up

Jun 22 06 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

I think Patricia Arquette looks great with her crooked teeth.

Jun 22 06 04:08 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Rhonda McLendon wrote:
I think so.  But if you notice that most models who have been known for their teeth per say have straight not perfect teeth. Lauren Hutton, for example, has very straight teeth but she has a gap. (like me!!!) I think that as long as the top row are really straight and clean then the model should be okay.  Perfect example of this is Tyra Banks.  Her top row of teeth are perfect and gorgeous but the bottom row is a bit crowded.

Yah, the top row is def most important...but the thing is in the media we're so used to seeing straight teeth when you see crooked teeth you're like "whoa"...case in point?Jewel. I don't know why she hasn't had that snaggle tooth fixed. I like tiger wood's teeth.

Jun 22 06 04:36 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

For print work it's a must. For models afraid of veneers or traditional braces, you could try invisalign - which is removable - for example, for shoots.

Jun 22 06 04:38 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Laetitia Casta doesn't have perfect teeth.  But anyone that is fixated on her teeth likely doesn't have a pulse.

Jun 22 06 05:03 pm Link

Model

Oriental Silk

London, England, United Kingdom

I believe that healthy natural teeth make a pleasant smile. If they are slightly crooked or have a small gap, that may even be identified as 'characterful' by clever publicists.

I have noticed that the Japanese idea of 'cute' oddly angled canine teeth on girl models, singers and television presenters does not carry over to the USA

In the UK, I have met quite a few men (some in senior positions in politics and the media) who have crooked or missing teeth. It is not something that concerns them at all. In fact, when you see Americans (particularly reporters and businessmen) portrayed on British television, they are often shown as having huge, artificially whitened teeth and fixed grins.

Jun 22 06 05:46 pm Link

Model

Jade Jorarni

You're only saying that Electra because you just got your braces off! HA HA

I had a brace face for two years of middle school so...

Yes.. I am in the straight teeth club...

Also the "whitened teeth" club too

Jun 22 06 08:28 pm Link

Model

Aestival

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I got a really negative response from people when I was considering getting invisalign to correct the gaps in my teeth... The general consensus I got was that slight imperfections gave character.

I still have the gaps (and the $3000 it would have cost to fix them).

Jun 22 06 08:39 pm Link

Model

Angela_M

Chicago, Illinois, US

Imperfection is beautiful.  Who's to say what's perfect or imperfect anyways?

Jun 22 06 08:43 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I wish I had 'em, but I'm not getting braces at THIS age. :p

The general consensus I got was that slight imperfections gave character.

The best photographers I have worked with say the same.

One glamour photographer, who shall remain nameless and thinks I am only attractive when I'm not bald, says I really need to get them fixed.  If he'll pony up the cash, I'll go through with it.  Ha!

Jun 22 06 08:48 pm Link

Model

Kiara

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

i love my gap! it's hereditary and it's cute
other than that all my teeth are straight hehe i just have little baby teeth on the bottom sad

Jun 22 06 08:49 pm Link

Model

Kiara

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Josie Nutter wrote:
I wish I had 'em, but I'm not getting braces at THIS age. :p

expensive, but invisalign (sp?) is cool, a friend of mine had it

Jun 22 06 08:50 pm Link