Forums > General Industry > What is the key?

Model

1HotMaMa

Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, US

Hello Mmers just wanted some feed back from those of you having expierence. What is the key to getting in a magazine or working for like JC PEnny's or Sear's. What steps do you have to do to get things like this?
Thanks
Tammy

Jun 21 06 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Most of the department stores cast through agencies as well.

So you may want to go to your local agencies and submit your info and pictures usually to the commercial side.

I didn't see what state you were in before I typed this, but if your in a bigger market thats  your best bet.

but you can also do a bit of your own  freelance work and look on thier websites and see if they accept models sending in thier own comp cards and information and if they do, you can submit yourself directly without the agency.

Jun 21 06 12:22 pm Link

Model

1HotMaMa

So than How do you know if they are scams or not? Already got scammed by agency

Jun 21 06 12:24 pm Link

Model

1HotMaMa

So than How do you know if they are scams or not? Already got scammed by agency

Jun 21 06 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

ok I see you are in Wisconsin,
I doubt, but could be wrong, but I doubt any agencies in that area cast for  commercial work for any of the major department stores.
Again I could be wrong.

However they(department stores) usually use well known and the more bigger commercial agencies.
I know here in Texas there are a few agencies that cast for department stores, but the models are local as well.

As far as the agency being a scam, you just have to check and re-check them out and so forth, ask questions, check references.

Jun 21 06 12:40 pm Link