Forums > General Industry > Artistic Art

Model

CEECEE

Lincoln, Nebraska, US

Just curious.... I had put up a photo (artistic nude photo) and a photographer had stated that he loved it and said if I had a bigger size of that same photo, I could sell it. If I could get that printed somewhere, in a book or magazine, or sell it. Where would I start? Any ideas........

Jun 21 06 02:40 am Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Tiger Eyez wrote:
Just curious.... I had put up a photo (artistic nude photo) and a photographer had stated that he loved it and said if I had a bigger size of that same photo, I could sell it. If I could get that printed somewhere, in a book or magazine, or sell it. Where would I start? Any ideas........

My suggestion would be to start by talking with the photographer who took the image in question.  Unless he specifically granted you the right to sell copies of the work, you can't really do any of the above, because the photograph remains his property.

Jun 21 06 02:43 am Link

Model

CEECEE

Lincoln, Nebraska, US

Sita Mae Edwards wrote:

My suggestion would be to start by talking with the photographer who took the image in question.  Unless he specifically granted you the right to sell copies of the work, you can't really do any of the above, because the photograph remains his property.

There is an agreement between the photographer and I and I do have the rights to the photos. Thanks for lookin out though.

Jun 21 06 02:45 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Tiger Eyez wrote:

There is an agreement between the photographer and I and I do have the rights to the photos. Thanks for lookin out though.

Well if your photographer is doing that,  then I would advise trying to get HIM  a gallery show and make an agreement that if you put in the leg work for him then he will post a certain amount of images in the show.

And that you get a certain amount of money from each image sold and more from images of you that are sold.

Photographers are often terrible salespeople and do not know or have the time to promote their work well.

In  promoting his work which makes sense at the beginning for the photographer will likely shoot you again giving you more material to sell long term.
In promoting the photographer's work,  you will be making great contacts which may allow you to sell your images in the future by yourself if you agreements allow.

Take the long term view not the short term view.

Someone else may have ideas of how a model could sell artistic images.  I am not all that familiar with models selling images especially artistic ones compared to nude or glamour images.

Jun 21 06 12:45 pm Link