Forums > General Industry > HI Im new. Don't throw things at me please.

Photographer

Thayer Photographic

Kentwood, Michigan, US

Hello all,

This is my first post at MM.  I've had a profile and port here for a few weeks but only now getting around to posting.

So... ummm... hi.  Take a look at my port, comments and Crits always appreciated.

MT

Apr 22 05 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Kuck

Columbia, Tennessee, US

Couple of things...

1. watch whats in your background, you've got a tripod in one shot. and if it's absolutely not possible to clean up the background use a real shallow depth of field.

2. Careful with the harsh sunlight, you need to use some way to reduce the contrast. Either add some light, utilize a polarizer filter, and/or use a scrim.

3. Who's the blonde? she's hot.

Good luck feel free to shout at me anytime.

Shawn

Apr 22 05 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Daniel Hice Image Works

Kennesaw, Georgia, US

^ What Shawn said

Shawn, message me a critique please, I am also curious but don't want to steal this thread from michael.

Apr 22 05 05:49 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Kuck

Columbia, Tennessee, US

By the way michael, I did forget to mention it, Nice Work. Play with your light and mostly have fun.

Again Good luck,

Shawn

PS did I mention, who's the blonde? she's hot. lol

stay cool

Apr 22 05 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Kim

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Great work, very moody. Kinda artsy. Extreme saturation, I'm guessing in post. What're you shooting Kodakchrome? Ilfochrome?

Apr 22 05 07:31 pm Link

Model

ImDatGoodGirl

Indian Head, Maryland, US

Hey im new looking to get some professional images im in md please get with me if you are a good photographer wanting to shoot

Apr 25 05 05:46 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

::::Reese starts chanting to the New Model while banging a tin cup on her desk::::

"Fish, fish, fish... yo' jitta bug... You ain't gonna make it out of here with out becoming someone's b*&%h..."

Apr 28 05 11:19 am Link