Forums > General Industry > Ujena's Bikini Jam--Has Anyone Been?

Photographer

FemmeArt

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Has anyone been to Ujena's Bikini Jam?  I was hoping to go last year, but could not make it.  I'm considering going this year (Puerto Vallarta, Mexico) and was hoping to get some feedback from someone who has been (either models or photographers). 

How was it?

Jun 20 06 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArt

Also, was it worth the expense?

Jun 20 06 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

James Andrew Imagery

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I keep looking in the grocery stores for a jar of bikini jam.  Can never seem to find any. 

That sounds like a great product, too.  You just take the jar out, strip down to nothin', and apply the jam from the jar in the shape of a bikini across the parts you want covered.

Yeah - kinda bored here.  I'm sure that I'm sorry.

big_smile

RaWR!!

Jun 20 06 05:24 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I think they are a blight to photographers and models everywhere.
If you are an experenced photographer as you say in your profile you should be looking for work from paying clients NOT paying clients money to shoot a catalouge for them.

I'll give Ujena credit for finding a great way to make money expoliting the rich GWC's though.

Jun 20 06 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

irvwilson

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I can't speak from firsthand experience but I do know a model in Tucson, AZ who went and she ended up in quite a few issues of their catalog (was 3 years ago).  Who pays whom, how much and whatnot I'm not certain about.  I do think having the tearsheets was a good thing for her as she was just starting out.  She talked like it was also much fun.  I think her and her husband stayed a couple of extra days.  Was in Cancun that year, I believe.

Jun 20 06 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

I thought about going just to have fun with the competition regardless wether or not it helped my carreer. Maybe next year who knows.

Jun 20 06 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

i remember when they contacted me about shooting content in cabo a few years back..i sent them my commercial rates and they were like...ughh we want you to pay us...i asked them if they were fucked in the head...

being published and getting a tear is kind of hollow if you have to pay to be published...

Jun 20 06 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArt

Well, I assume that the idea of going is to have fun and network some.  If I go, I'm viewing it as a fun vacation--if something else comes out of it, great.  If not, no big deal. 

Seriously, though, has anyone actually been?

Jun 20 06 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArt

Avicdar wrote:
I keep looking in the grocery stores for a jar of bikini jam.  Can never seem to find any. 

That sounds like a great product, too.  You just take the jar out, strip down to nothin', and apply the jam from the jar in the shape of a bikini across the parts you want covered.

Yeah - kinda bored here.  I'm sure that I'm sorry.

big_smile

RaWR!!

ha!  Nice.  Hmm, that gives me an idea.  I may actually shoot this just for kicks!  Be on the lookout for my "Bikini Jam" shot...

Jun 20 06 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

FemmeArt wrote:
Well, I assume that the idea of going is to have fun and network some.

no the idea is that a swimwear company has found a way to eliminate having to pay for talent and get their catalog and webite content done for free..

if you are aspiring to one day make a living from photography..this would be bad..

Jun 20 06 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArt

Sooo, seriously, has anyone actually been?  I know how Ujena operates--that was not my question.  The question is:  has anyone actually BEEN.  If so, was it a good time?  Fun vacation?

Jun 21 06 08:43 am Link