Forums > General Industry > How do I get clothes into a fashion show (in SF)?

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

How do I get clothes entered into a fashion show? Who do I contact? Is there a list somewhere online of fashion show promoters?

Jun 19 06 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

INever wrote:
How do I get clothes entered into a fashion show? Who do I contact? Is there a list somewhere online of fashion show promoters?

down with apostrophes!!!

What?  What are you talking about?
Who's clothes?  What type of show?  A specific show or a wonderfully staged event a local mall in California?
Contact?  Huh?

Jun 19 06 11:18 pm Link

Photographer

j-shooter

Jack D Trute wrote:
What?  What are you talking about?
Who's clothes?  What type of show?  A specific show or a wonderfully staged event a local mall in California?
Contact?  Huh?

haha, I stumped you:) Kidding.

Your questions remind me of an idea I had after attending a recent fashion show. Maybe it  is more efficient to conduct a fashion show in a studio and then get the video played 'everywhere'.....in media, at nightclubs, and on walls.

Jun 19 06 11:39 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

INever wrote:

haha, I stumped you:) Kidding.

Your questions remind me of an idea I had after attending a recent fashion show. Maybe it  is more effcient to conduct a fashion show in a studio and then get the video played 'everywhere'.....in media and on walls.

I still have no clue.

I know there is a time difference but I did not know it was Friday night where you are posting from.

Jun 19 06 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

INever wrote:

down with apostrophes!!!

If you  are a serious designer and  interested in entering  Vancouver ( Canada ) Fashion Week next to be held in Oct -pls contact me privatly  >VFW is an Internatonal event and we already have designers coming up from Seattle and Portland .

Jun 20 06 12:09 am Link

Photographer

j-shooter

Garry k wrote:

If you  are a serious designer and  interested in entering  Vancouver ( Canada ) Fashion Week next to be held in Oct -pls contact me privatly  >VFW is an Internatonal event and we already have designers coming up from Seattle and Portland .

Is there a website that lists your event and all the major events during the year globally?

Is there one for lingerie and swimsuits?

I will also pm you.

Jun 20 06 02:13 am Link

Model

Zizzy

BUSHKILL, Pennsylvania, US

INever wrote:

down with apostrophes!!!

Just storm the stage!!  People will take pics before security grabs you and you'll be on the news too!!

Jun 20 06 02:24 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

INever wrote:

Is there a website that lists your event and all the major events during the year globally?

Is there one for lingerie and swimsuits?

I will also pm you.

www.vanfashionweek.com ( there is some shots on it form our mini event last Spring ) We tend to put more focus on our fall offering - ie last year we had over 20 stand alone shows including bridal , swimsuit , etc . We also featured the Versace 2006 Womens and Mens LInes ( a  show that was exclusive to Canada)

Jun 20 06 02:32 am Link

Model

Phoenix E

form your own....all you need to do is find other interested designers and a promoter....they'll find a club and models and photographers.....
and yes, most large cities have fashion weeks--contact the organizers...

Jun 20 06 02:35 am Link

Photographer

Alexis_Kennedy

Portland, Oregon, US

Network network network.

Go to places like myspace, tribe, etc. etc. and there are a ton of clubs specific to certain regions dedicated purely to fashion.  Do a search on the internet or look in your local paper for the nearest show and contact the people in charge.

Or, as stated above, just organize your own.  It isn't hard to do and a lot of nightclubs, fashion shops, etc. are just waiting for people to come along and propose these kinds of things.

Jun 20 06 03:17 am Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

in three easy steps:

1. hire a graphic designer
2. take your fancy cards and fliers with you to fashion shows
3. network

Jun 20 06 03:20 am Link

Photographer

j-shooter

A lot of the local shows seem more like they are 'just for fun'. Which is cool, hey, I like 'fun' too.

But I need a list of the major national and international shows that allow for emerging designers.

You know, the serious shows where business gets done.

Jun 20 06 03:37 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Kami Shade FIERCE

Los Angeles, California, US

Jun 20 06 03:54 am Link

Photographer

j-shooter

Kami Shade Couture wrote:
www.hollywoodshoptilyoudrop.com

I sent my contact info to them...ty

Jun 20 06 04:09 am Link