Forums > General Industry > photo printing in illinois.

Model

bonitacyn

Cicero, Illinois, US

hi,

where is the best spot to print out images? i am looking to print 9x12 images for my portfolio and i am kind of stuck as to where i can go and get it done. someone told me about laserjet in chicago but not sure where it is. either online or someone in chicago would be fine if anyone has any ideas!!

thanks

Jun 19 06 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'll print 'em for you. smile

If you don't want that, I've had good luck with Triangle Imaging at Damen and Milwaukee.

M

Jun 19 06 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Well, in Chicago (I moved from there in 99), I used to use Ross Ehlert for processing and printing. They're gone now. I also used Gamma for Kodachrome processing. Didn't do alot of printing with them, but they were an excellent lab, so it stands to reason their printing would be comparable.

John

Jun 19 06 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

Joannes Photography

Bolingbrook, Illinois, US

Try Helix on Racine

Jun 19 06 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

Starstruck Foto

Chicago, Illinois, US

Gamma Photo 314 W.Superior Chicago-312-337-0022  its a pro lab.

Jun 20 06 08:32 am Link

Artist/Painter

any artist

Chicago, Illinois, US

I would check with your primary photographer.

Jun 21 06 11:59 am Link

Photographer

Terrence Blount

Chicago, Illinois, US

Helix and Costco are 2 places that I can think of. At costco, you can get an 11x14 for 1.99. Imagine the price for a 9x12.

Jun 21 06 12:06 pm Link

Artist/Painter

any artist

Chicago, Illinois, US

Is that a custom print from a negative, digital file, or from a print? 2 points on going to a walgreens/costco.

1- support industry professionals
2- you get what you pay for

Jun 21 06 12:14 pm Link

Model

Keni

Cary, Illinois, US

You can't get a 9x12 at Costco.  They have an 8x12 for $.49 but that isn't standard size for a models portfolio.  Costco does produce good quality prints.

If you have a good tech at Costco that knows how to handle the machine (questionable), and they don't allow for any bleed or stretching of the photo, you can get an 11x14 that prints with a white border and trim it down to a 9x12 with a paper cutter.  You also want the luster finish.

If you're just starting your book, try Costco.  It only costs $50 to join, and you save that on 2 prints from a professional lab.

Helix is also very professional and does good prints.

Jun 21 06 01:01 pm Link