Photographer

- Jake -

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

ive seen a few photographers with some landscape and other photography (not including any people) in their port and i was wondering if this is frowned upon or if most of you think its ok. i dont really have much to show that includes people and if showing a few shots of other random stuff is a good idea maybe i should do it because i have alot more shots that are not of models. i would even say im better at the ones that dont have people in them but i thought the point of this site was to photograph people so i was avoiding uploading other types of work.

Jun 18 06 01:19 am Link

Model

_Cinnamon_

San Francisco, California, US

You have enough shots with people in them to give a decent idea what you're capable of. I don't think you'd benefit much from adding non-model images.

Jun 18 06 01:22 am Link

Photographer

picturephoto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey, it's a free site, post what you want.  Keep in mind it's a fashion/glamour/nudie/goth site for the most part, so you won't have too many people commenting on your landscapes.

Jun 18 06 01:22 am Link

Photographer

W__

Bloomfield, Connecticut, US

You can post anything you want. It is up to you. If I were you, I would remove 5 images from what you already have up. Duplicates. Just my two cents. I don't like to post more then 1 shot from a shoot, unless it is a series. Also I think it is great when a portfolio is 20 images or under. Remember, if you can get your point across using less images that are striking, do it. It sucks to have to look through 50 images just to find 1 decent image.

Best of luck,

Beebe

Jun 18 06 01:28 am Link

Photographer

- Jake -

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

William R Beebe wrote:
You can post anything you want. It is up to you. If I were you, I would remove 5 images from what you already have up. Duplicates. Just my two cents. I don't like to post more then 1 shot from a shoot, unless it is a series. Also I think it is great when a portfolio is 20 images or under. Remember, if you can get your point across using less images that are striking, do it. It sucks to have to look through 50 images just to find 1 decent image.

Best of luck,

Beebe

i was thinking about taking some out, and since she has some of them posted in her port anyway i guess i'll take that advice as good advice and do it

Jun 18 06 01:32 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

According to the MM info section, all portfolios must be approved.  The following is information regarding the process.  If there's any other questions, check out the 'info' section which is in the header bar (between 'shout box' and 'my stuff'.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/faq.php#q23

MM wrote:
What does my profile need to be approved?

Your "About Me" (Bio & Credits) section has to be completely filled out with things such as what you hope to get out of this site, what you're looking to do in the industry, any upcoming projects, longterm goals, types of work you are or aren't willing to do (TFP, paid assignments only, adult/erotica/nudity, travel out of state, etc). Without such basic information, you're likely to be contacted by many people you may not want to work with. Help keep unwanted contact to a minimum by answering these common questions preemptively within your profile text.

We're not looking for your life story. Keep in mind that this is a modelling site-- your information should pertain to modelling or the related field you signed up for. You can skip the extraneous details about your family, your hobbies, your pet iguana, etc. We're only looking for relevant details. Too much unrelated personal information makes your profile sound like a personal ad and increases its chances of being rejected.

You must also have at least four (4) different, separate photos uploaded. For photographers, these must be photos of human models. Photos of cars, animals, landscapes (etc) are considered out of place on Model Mayhem and will fare better on sites that focus on broader, general photography instead. Makeup artists, hair stylists, and wardrobe stylists must have photos specifically of their work. Unrelated personal snapshots are considered inappropriate.

(If you see an incomplete profile somewhere, please contact a moderator.)

Jun 18 06 03:44 am Link

Photographer

billi

MCKINNEY, Texas, US

William R Beebe wrote:

Best of luck,

Beebe

i think the tighter the better... if you only have 5 shots with people then just post 5. it'll look stronger leaving some empty than to just fill it with "blah" work.

Jun 18 06 03:50 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

EATENalive wrote:
ive seen a few photographers with some landscape and other photography (not including any people) in their port and i was wondering if this is frowned upon or if most of you think its ok. i dont really have much to show that includes people and if showing a few shots of other random stuff is a good idea maybe i should do it because i have alot more shots that are not of models. i would even say im better at the ones that dont have people in them but i thought the point of this site was to photograph people so i was avoiding uploading other types of work.

I think your port is very good....and you'd be much better off posting one good photo of a model the a dozen landscapes....which really don't highlight the work that this site represents....

Jun 18 06 10:43 am Link