Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Dresden dolls eyebrows....

Photographer

Benjamen McGuire

Portland, Oregon, US

Is it possible to get this eyebrow effect without shaving the natural eyebrow?
                      l
                      l
                      v
https://sixfeetunder.canalblog.com/albums/dresdendolls/m-DresdenDolls_02.jpg

Jun 17 06 07:29 pm Link

Model

AshesLaree

Houston, Texas, US

I'm sure you could do this

http://www.tgcosmetics.com/makeover/makeoverBrow.htm

then draw the pattern over it. I've been wating to try tis for myself actually, just haven't gotten around to it.

Jun 17 06 07:35 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Raedyn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

easiest way is to cut out a stencile   of the design you want... then buy the brow covering gels and waxes and all that.... i think the lady above me posted a link to something similar... and then take a sharpie marker or liquid eyeliner and paint it over the stencile.

Jun 17 06 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

Those eyebrows are sawweeet. Must've hurt so much, though! But ew, lookie her lip line. Gross.

Unless the model has really thin/sparse brows, doing the whole spirit gum/wax routine, as the previous posters have mentioned, might leave a slight raised texture, which can easily be edited in photoshop. Blocking out brows that way is more of a theatrical/drag technique; it's not meant to be seen super close up in macro type shots...hence the need to photoshop a bit. I've blocked out brows, but never drawn on top of them; I'm not sure how smooth it would be to paint over.

I say just shave the brows...they'll grow back!

xo.

Jun 17 06 09:17 pm Link

Model

Tressa Gold

Portland, Oregon, US

Ahhh I just got that CD and am LOVING it, as well as those crazy eyebrows. Good pick, lovely. oxox, Me.

Jun 17 06 09:19 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

AlwaysMadeUp wrote:
Those eyebrows are sawweeet. Must've hurt so much, though! But ew, lookie her lip line. Gross.

She shaves/waxes them off and draws them on with liquid liner. I doubt you could get the right look up close without completely removing the brow. Her lip line is a little off topic, but since i'm familiar with the band, I'd like to point out that she does her own make-up with the intention of looking somewhat like Baby Jane. She's not a model and isn't at all interested in being pretty.

Oh, and their cover of Carole King and Maurice Sendak's "Pierre" is wonderful. I need to get their new album.

Jun 17 06 09:55 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Raedyn wrote:
easiest way is to cut out a stencile   of the design you want... then buy the brow covering gels and waxes and all that.... i think the lady above me posted a link to something similar... and then take a sharpie marker or liquid eyeliner and paint it over the stencile.

A sharpie?  Are you serious?

Jun 17 06 10:28 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

theda wrote:
She shaves/waxes them off and draws them on with liquid liner. I doubt you could get the right look up close without completely removing the brow. Her lip line is a little off topic, but since i'm familiar with the band, I'd like to point out that she does her own make-up with the intention of looking somewhat like Baby Jane. She's not a model and isn't at all interested in being pretty.

Oh, and their cover of Carole King and Maurice Sendak's "Pierre" is wonderful. I need to get their new album.

Huh. I'd always thought they were tattooed on.... applying that awesome pattern all the time takes skills though; props to her. And, despite the fact that she does her own makeup, isn't a model, and has no interest in being pretty, I still think a wonky lip-line is gross. What can I say *shrug* - I'm a perfectionist.

xo.

Jun 17 06 10:43 pm Link

Model

Durham Sorrow

Beecher, Illinois, US

you're all idiots. just go with what rotten lullaby said. i did the whole shaving and drawing them on with liquid eyeliner thing and did it quite well for a while. too bad i dont have pics. i didnt use stencils, just a steady hand. plus if you mess up, liquid is so easy to wipe and fix without smearing the whole thing if your careful. but rotten lullaby's suggestion was best, get some of that wax and make sure you blend it into the surrounding skin well.

Jun 17 06 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

Durham Sorrow wrote:
you're all idiots.

Thanks, bitch. smile

Jun 17 06 10:52 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

they all believe
that I'm a dresden doll
quite naive
but I believe these boys
this noise
more frightening than they might conceive...

Jun 17 06 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

Lexi Evans

Levittown, New York, US

I want a coin operated boy....

and eyebrows like that

Jun 18 06 12:15 am Link

Model

Lenora Jayne

New York, New York, US

I had a friend that applied some sort of theatrical latex filler to her eyebrows to make a smooth surface and then let it dry, applied foundation and drew what she wanted on top. It was for a dress-in-drag sort of party, so she drew on man-eyebrows for herself, higher up. I watched her peel off the latex when she was removing her makeup, pretty funny looking, but it worked really well.

Jun 18 06 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Benjamen McGuire

Portland, Oregon, US

thanx!

Jun 18 06 01:57 pm Link