Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Black Radiance Make UP

Makeup Artist

Aleksandra Ambrozy

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Does anyone have any experience with Black Radiance make up? I just got some products (powder, bronzer and few lip glosses) that will look great on very dark skin...but I am kind of sceptic....the make up was soooo cheap!! It seems like the quality is pretty good but I would still like some feedback/advice....
thanks!

Jun 16 06 09:50 am Link

Makeup Artist

T

Washington, District of Columbia, US

The makeup line is marketed for women of color...........I HATE the foundation colors I have never purchased it but I could can clearly see the foundations are NO GOOD! (horrible colors)

I wouldn't advise anyone to use but then again I've never tried it.

Good luck smile
mua LaT

Jun 16 06 09:56 am Link

Model

NekuH

Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana

I have used it before and I think it is great!  I have used the lipsticks, blushes and bronzer and I always love the results.  Only problem I have was my blush cracked but it may have ben from dropping my makeup case...

Jun 16 06 09:57 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Black Radiance is okay.  The foundations are kind of reddish-orange but I have some of the blushes and they look really good on dark skin. 

Hey Eku- I am sorry I haven't gotten back to you, hon!  Let me know your ideas!

Jun 16 06 10:08 am Link

Model

Mermaid

Brooklyn, New York, US

I actually bought a few of the shadows - they seem pretty intense (and the regular drugstore stuff is normally much duller (blah..) than the shadows they have). Would they be ok for me?

Jun 16 06 10:10 am Link

Makeup Artist

BridgitC-Makeup Artist

Atlanta, Georgia, US

If it is blended right the foundations can be good. I use a few of the shadows and the bronzers. I would prefer using it and mixing it with my Vincent Kehoe foundation pallet than using MAC for darker skin tones.

Jun 16 06 10:47 am Link

Model

Aina

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Hey Alek,
Good luck with your crazy schedule today.  Let me know how u make out but anyway Mac and bobbi brown is pretty good for different tones of dark complexion.  kind of pricey tho.

Jun 16 06 10:53 am Link

Makeup Artist

faithb

Washington, District of Columbia, US

BridgitC-Makeup Artist wrote:
If it is blended right the foundations can be good. I use a few of the shadows and the bronzers. I would prefer using it and mixing it with my Vincent Kehoe foundation pallet than using MAC for darker skin tones.

For those who don't know, Vincent Kehoe is RCMA.

Jun 16 06 10:56 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Aina wrote:
Hey Alek,
Good luck with your crazy schedule today.  Let me know how u make out but anyway Mac and bobbi brown is pretty good for different tones of dark complexion.  kind of pricey tho.

MAC is not the greatest choice for very dark skin.

Jun 16 06 11:11 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

I have heard good things about Black Opal. They carry it at a lot of the pro supply stores in LA.

Jun 16 06 12:15 pm Link

Model

NekuH

Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana

Hey, Rhonda I can understand its summer time and I am sure your very busy...

Jun 16 06 02:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Eku Seka wrote:
Hey, Rhonda I can understand its summer time and I am sure your very busy...

Yeah, kind of, but I will PM you very soon!  Thanks for understanding! smile

Jun 16 06 02:52 pm Link