Forums > General Industry > Models - Where to now ??

Photographer

00Philip00

Vass, North Carolina, US

OK -
Models have all the images they will need, has joined every model site on the planet - 10-20 CD/DVD's with state of the art photography RAW/TIFF images on them, what do you do next??
Just curious as I had some time to read over the messages here & seems there's some sotra "friction" between subjects that model & guys wanting/needing to find subjects to work with...

Jul 20 05 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

If they had all the images they needed, they would not be on every model site. They would be working through an agency and getting tears. The model would continue to work with photographers for their book to keep it updated or to focus on a particular look.

Jul 20 05 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

KEKnight

Cumming, Georgia, US

I think what models are looking for are tear sheets to show that they've been published.  Which leads to attention. Which hopefully leads to more publication.  I don't think they have all the pics they need as XA said. 
  I'm new on MM too and have made many observations, among them:  there are 2 classes of people on here 1)the true professionals and 2) the wannabees.  I think the "friction" as you put it is cause by this difference. 

Jul 20 05 06:26 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Myth in numbers.  For models and photographers. 

Models need relatively few images for a decision to be made whether they are street/client worthy.  Compiling a huge portfolio has little value if those submitting for client based work are seen with no value based on acceptable criteria.

Thus, the value of mighty portfolios becomes what can be expected from the Internet, as many will attest, and few will confirm, that it is a venue without substantial return.  Most will fall by the wayside due to attrition. 

Those that remain have an entirely different motivation beyond economics and are the ones that tend to become Internet titans with little financial, but great personal satisfaction and reward doing something they love as the major priority.

Jul 20 05 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

00Philip00

Vass, North Carolina, US

Very intriguing concept - Thanks for your input, all of you.

Jul 21 05 06:58 pm Link