Forums > General Industry > fresh faces

Model

UVACourtney

Rushmere, Virginia, US

hi!

has anyone heard of fresh faces magazine?  it is based in georgia, and claims to be distributed to hundreds of agencies worldwide.  this is a legit claim.  i was chosen to be one of their models in an upcoming issue, but i am on the fence as to if i should spend the money and time to go down there to shoot.  if it will be beneficial to my career, i'm all for it!  however, i had never heard of it, and i am concerned that it will be a wasted effort.  does anyone know anything about them?  any tadbit of information would be phenomenal!

Jun 15 06 01:09 am Link

Photographer

sureshotstudios

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

These guys are all over craigslist with strange ads,  Some of the posts have been removed by craigslist staff.
If a magazine uses a yahoo email address and  does not have a phone number or  a URL.

Why don't ya come and shoot with me, give me the money and I submit it to fresh face  ;-)  ;-)

J.

Jun 15 06 01:18 am Link

Photographer

sureshotstudios

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

ohhh.. what I meant to ask...

" i was chosen to be one of their models"   who chose you ?   Craigslist  :-)  ?

good luck.

Jun 15 06 01:19 am Link

Model

UVACourtney

Rushmere, Virginia, US

no it was the staff of the magazine.  their website is freshfacesmagazine.com .  i know theyre a legit company, im just not sure if it will help my career or portfolio at all.

Jun 15 06 01:23 am Link

Photographer

Enriquez Photo

Ricardo Palma, Lima Provincias, Peru

I highly doubt it will be beneficial to your career, but, meeting and working with new people is. I say I highly doubt it because there seems to be no proven track record with Fresh Faces, no client client list, no past covers to show they have been around and they request that models chosen pay money. But who knows, I could be wrong.
Dan

Jun 15 06 02:05 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

From time to time models are advised to go to www.newmodels.com to read the articles.  Seems like you could stand to do that.

In particular, read the article on scams:  www.newmodels.com/myths.html and pay attention to scammer myth number 8.  That will answer your question.

Jun 15 06 07:09 am Link

Model

UVACourtney

Rushmere, Virginia, US

thanks yall!  i wonder if anyone has actually worked with them...

i looked through their website though, and there is no "selling of their models,"  when i emailed them the exposure is once you're printed in the magazine (and its a real magazine, checked on that one...)

not being stubborn, just trying to think through all angles smile

Jun 15 06 10:15 am Link

Model

UVACourtney

Rushmere, Virginia, US

are there any publications similar to that that will get you exposure?  i saw one photographer mentioning one on here yesterday.  i wish people were always honest!

Jun 15 06 09:07 pm Link