Forums > General Industry > Corset Training.

Photographer

miss z

San Francisco, California, US

Has anyone tried this?  How do you start, what are the risks, what are the conditions, maintenance, and how long before you achieve lasting results?

I dunno.  I was suddenly interested. VERY interested. wink

Jun 13 06 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

miss z

Well, I suggest you google it darling.

Jun 13 06 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

miss z

But but but.. I want to hear it from them!  Those in the industry.  Those who, for the sake of fashion and beauty would cinch their organs into place and suffer under an ocean of clothes..

Jun 13 06 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Zorina Seva wrote:
But but but.. I want to hear it from them!  Those in the industry.  Those who, for the sake of fashion and beauty would cinch their organs into place and suffer under an ocean of clothes..

now your just trying to turn me on...

Jun 13 06 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

Lexi Evans

Levittown, New York, US

It can be beautiful..and dangerous. For a good place to look try www.axfords.com

they have great stuff with good boning. Just remember, when you shift your waist you also shift the organs in your body, it is harder to breath and it sucks to sit down. But hell, i do it occassionally just to look hot and I am still alive!

Jun 13 06 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Lexi Evans wrote:
It can be beautiful..and dangerous. For a good place to look try www.axfords.com

they have great stuff with good boning. Just remember, when you shift your waist you also shift the organs in your body, it is harder to breath and it sucks to sit down. But hell, i do it occassionally just to look hot and I am still alive!

*looks for a smoke*

Jun 13 06 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

miss z

Craig Thomson wrote:

I don't need to try. wink

Jun 13 06 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

miss z

Lexi Evans wrote:

Thanks.

Although, what if someone is a bit high-waisted, I'm not sure if one would need a custom-built corset.  I've discovered that waistlines are inversely proportional to age.

*sigh*

Jun 13 06 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

Lexi Evans

Levittown, New York, US

Zorina Seva wrote:

Thanks.

Although, what if someone is a bit high-waisted, I'm not sure if one would need a custom-built corset.  I've discovered that waistlines are inversely proportional to age.

*sigh*

You can have corsets custom made...but for a good one with heavy boning (which you need) it can be costly. Look around for corset makers..or you can still use axfords, i believe they do custom work

Jun 13 06 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

Zorina Seva wrote:
I don't need to try. wink

No comment...

Here is one model I've shot with that sells corsetts and it looks like once cincher.

http://www.velvetgarden.net/corsets.html

https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=62675

Good luck,
Craig

Jun 13 06 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

miss z

Craig Thomson wrote:
No comment...

Gosh I was kidding! sad *inflicted ego*

Jun 13 06 09:39 pm Link

Model

Aleta Pardalis

Oceanside, New York, US

with no waist training my waist cinches by around 3 inches. It looks great & doesn't shift anything permently. For the best fit you'll have to go custom though. Brute Force Leather/Fallen Angel Fashions http://www.bruteforceleather.com is one I'd recommend.

Jun 13 06 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Zorina Seva wrote:

Gosh I was kidding! sad *inflicted ego*

Sorry, it was meant as a compliment  smile

EG: I was busted...wink

Jun 13 06 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

miss z

Aleta Pardalis wrote:
with no waist training my waist cinches by around 3 inches. It looks great & doesn't shift anything permently. For the best fit you'll have to go custom though. Brute Force Leather/Fallen Angel Fashions http://www.bruteforceleather.com is one I'd recommend.

Thanks.  But should a trainer be contacted or something?

Jun 13 06 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

miss z

Craig Thomson wrote:

Sorry, it was meant as a compliment  smile
EG: I was busted...wink

Well then! https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/rebano/blumen.gif
/slow

Jun 13 06 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Maki

Tallahassee, Florida, US

if it makes you happy, and you are not hurting anyone but yourself....
           hey, go for it.

looks like a pain in the ass to me. 

I like comfy clothing smile

Jun 13 06 09:49 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Venomiss LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Zorina Seva wrote:
Has anyone tried this?  How do you start, what are the risks, what are the conditions, maintenance, and how long before you achieve lasting results?

I dunno.  I was suddenly interested. VERY interested. wink

It's a long process that takes a lot of patience, as it's basically a lifestyle change. I recommend www.waspcreations.com for information and for purchasing if you decide to go ahead with this... She has an excellent FAQ on the subject. I don't recommend waist training myself; I think it's better to diet, exercise, and own a few pretty corsets to wear on occasion when you want to feel a little curvier.

You have to gradually wear tighter and tighter corsets, changing them out as your body becomes used to the size -- much like the process of gauging a piercing, if you're familiar with that. Corsets are generally worn 12+ hours a day by serious tightlacers, during eating and all other regular activities. Noticeable, semi-permanent reductions in the waistline are usually achieved within the first 6 months.

The effects of waist training are never completely permanent. You may reshape your lower ribs, but the difference if not drastic. Your organs and bones are in the places they are for a reason, and they by default shift back to those spaces over time regardless of training. You can all but undo 6+ months of training with a few days of not wearing a corset.

The health risks of tight lacing aren't nearly as dire as a lot of people think, provided you get correctly fitted and well-made corsets. You do risk causing your lower back muscles to atrophy if you don't exercise them properly during your out-of-corset hours, but as long as you have some type of regular physical activity it usually isn't a problem.

Most of my design business is corsetmaking, but I don't make them for tightlacing. I stick to those that give a 2"-6" temporary reduction. It's definitely best to buy one custom-made, even if you decide not to tightlace -- it's the only way to assure yourself a comfortable fit. Corsets don't have to impede your breathing, and they don't have to hurt after 2 hours. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask smile

Rachel

(edited for typos : )

Jun 13 06 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

miss z

David Maki wrote:
if it makes you happy, and you are not hurting anyone but yourself....
           hey, go for it.

looks like a pain in the ass to me. 

I like comfy clothing smile

Me too.  In fact, I'd prefer to be unclothed all the time if I could! *laugh*

But I'm interested in trying to keep the middle just right.  Not extremely small or anything.. And I'm wondering if there's more to exercise and the right food during the times I would get lazy..

Jun 13 06 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

miss z

Rachel:  Your post was the most informative of all.  I will be sending you messages from time to time.

THANK YOU. smile

Jun 13 06 09:59 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Venomiss LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

No problem, glad to help smile

Jun 13 06 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

Al Ojeda photography

Hillsborough, New Jersey, US

You can check more wearable corsets, not only the goth or fetish ones.

Look at: www.idushka.com

Al

Jun 13 06 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

miss z

Al Ojeda photography wrote:
You can check more wearable corsets, not only the goth or fetish ones.

Look at: www.idushka.com

Al

Thank you. I thought this thread had died! tongue

Jun 14 06 12:53 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

Wow. I learn something new every day.

Jun 14 06 02:35 am Link

Photographer

miss z

VirtuaMike wrote:
Wow. I learn something new every day.

Interesting, isn't it? big_smile

Jun 14 06 10:49 am Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

I didnt get trained but I had my waist shrunk about 5'' for a corset fashion show that lasted 4 hours but it wasnt too bad. Just hard to breathe lol.

Jun 14 06 10:58 am Link

Photographer

miss z

Claire Elizabeth wrote:
I didnt get trained but I had my waist shrunk about 5'' for a corset fashion show that lasted 4 hours but it wasnt too bad. Just hard to breathe lol.

AHHH!! I wouldn't want that kind of torture! *laugh*   I wanted to know if there was an alternative approach or a quickener/supplement to exercise and the right diet.  I'm just starting to get a little lazy, and I feel like I'm developing a bulge.  Or maybe just I'm getting older..

Also, (gosh!) I have to re-measure soon.

Jun 14 06 11:10 am Link