Forums > General Industry > can't people read?!

Photographer

wlbedone

Aldrich, Minnesota, US

LMAO

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 

Posted by Chelsea Harris: 
I have to be honest, I thought your profile was a model portfolio too... only because I read on there all your interest and stuff and didnt think many photographers would post their interest. I didnt read the part where it said you are a photographer though lol. 

Yeah, I guess I know what you mean.  When I looked at your page and I saw your main image... for a second there, I thought you were a butt.

Apr 27 05 01:54 pm Link

Model

Renee Hyde

New York, New York, US

hahahaha, awwww, thanks for the laugh. That was good. Sorry to hear people can't read, but the fact that they can't is extremely entertaining.

Now for the responses of models, I too have had offers for things that I'm not interested in, but I've never had anyone tell me that my pics get them juicy. Man, I'm missin' out. LMAO!

Grins,
Renee

Apr 27 05 01:56 pm Link

Model

Jeri Lynn Astra

Pleasantville, New York, US

But I thought all girls who model are easy???

/end sarcasm

Apr 27 05 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

jimmyd

Los Angeles, California, US

so i guess i'll play devil's advocate on this one.

if you're a photographer and you're a guy, why have an image of beautiful woman as your avatar? isn't that what your ports are for?

how about a logo (that might include a woman's pic) or an image of you, or something that says, "you."

just wondering out loud. (cuz i forgot to take my meds today)

Apr 27 05 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Posted by Patrick Walberg: 
people who are not in the industry get strange ideas that photographers and models are humping each other while doing photo shoots like ... well you know! LOL

NO WAY!!

lol

My mom asked me where i get all the energy to do all these girls

Apr 27 05 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Posted by jimmyd: 
so i guess i'll play devil's advocate on this one.

if you're a photographer and you're a guy, why have an image of beautiful woman as your avatar? isn't that what your ports are for?

how about a logo (that might include a woman's pic) or an image of you, or something that says, "you."

just wondering out loud. (cuz i forgot to take my meds today)

Totally, or do it the lazy way and just use a screen cap of your website- oh wait, I resemble that remark.

-Jose

Apr 27 05 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

Sandy Ramirez

Brooklyn, New York, US

Posted by Matt Towler: 
I had one of my model photos as my default originally but then expected what you have described, so changed it. Reminds me of a LJ group I'm on, if the model posts pictures, others trip all over themselves saying OMG UR SO BEYOOTIFUL, but if the photographer does? Not so many comments, unless they are confused like you say and assume it's the model posting. Gah! Must it always degenerate into a meat market?!

You won't belive how many times I have had that happen on LJ lol!

I had someone here confuse me with the model I use as my main pic already - some guy, I actually thought he was just an idiot, now I think he needs to be sterilzed to prevent the further genetic pollution of the human race.

Apr 27 05 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

Zero Dean

San Diego, California, US

I'm starting to get tired of people thinking I'm the model on my main picture.

Oh? Which model are you? I bet you're still hot! Why hide it? Come on, be yourself. wink

In all seriousness, no, people do not read. Even when you put up frequently asked questions in your profile or on your web site. It's crazy, I still get asked the same questions, over and over...

It's funny, I'll even ask people, "Did you see my profile?"
"Yes."
"Ok then, did you see the part that says 'Frequently Asked Questions'?"
"Yes, I saw that."
"Ok, well, did you see the part where the question you just asked me is answered?"
"Um, well no... I didn't see that. I didn't actually read it. I figured I'd just ask you."

Apr 27 05 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

Posted by Zero Dean: 
Oh? Which model are you? I bet you're still hot! Why hide it? Come on, be yourself. wink

teehee!  Sorry, but I don't do nudes!

Apr 27 05 11:04 pm Link

Photographer

Zero Dean

teehee!  Sorry, but I don't do nudes!

Hey, I was wondering, do you do nudes? Damnnnn, you are so fine.

Apr 27 05 11:07 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

"can't people read?!"

I can not only read, but here-here, I can read in two different languages...  What I have a problem with is spelling...

Apr 28 05 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Mohr

Chicago, Illinois, US

Didn't think ya had a fan club, eh? LOL!!

Apr 28 05 01:42 pm Link