Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > SFX Make up - Who does it?

Photographer

hallopino

Palatine, Illinois, US

Typically I refrain from calling my self "make up" artist cause I only really know sfx make up. But I know it really well. And after a couple odd threads I saw pass by I was wondering how many people out there, know or do any sfx make up. Maybe on a at least one every other year basis.

By this I'm kinda meaning knowing how to use, spirit gum, prosthetics, nose and scar wax, blood effects,  crepe hair, etc etc etc.

Was curious, looking forward to seeing who is out there.

Jun 13 06 11:44 am Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

I'm trained in spfx makeup and love it; playing with blood is so much fun! I don't do it as often as I'd like, though. I have a couple of things in my website gallery, near the bottom.

xo.

Jun 13 06 01:28 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Kris Harper

Burlington, Ontario, Canada

i do some, its the best part of doing makeup... but not requested a lot

Jun 13 06 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

hallopino

Palatine, Illinois, US

So it looks like I'll have to make a trip up to Ontario some time, and play with all the cool kids sometime.

Nifty, and one else digging the blood, as well as the pretty?

Jun 13 06 02:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Kevin-James Bennett

Beauty makeup is great...but it gets a little boring sometimes.
But there's nothing more gratifying than multiple stab wounds or a nice 1st degree burn to make your day!

YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEE!

(here's a link to some of my basic SFX, hope you like  http://makeup.kjbennett.com/SFX.swf  )

Jun 13 06 05:41 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

Some would say all that I do is SFX. But if you mean blood and guts and scars and burns...all I can say is that I have a ton of fun at Halloween.

Jun 13 06 06:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cynthia Rose

New York, New York, US

ME!!!!!!!!! Super fun!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 13 06 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

jason ssg

Rockford, Illinois, US

I've done a bit of blood, death and decay, but mostly for zero-budget-indie-horror-flick type stuff. And, yes- it can be tons of fun!
However, I actually tend to do a fair amount of sfx "make-up" in Photoshop when it comes to photography (the "horror" pics I have up right now don't use any make-up, but I was going for a part photo/part painting look), it all it depends on what I'm going for... if I want a crisp photographic image- definately make-up, if I want it to look like a pianting, definately PS.

Jun 13 06 06:39 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

ooh ohh pick me  pick me
I am at heart a blood guts and gore girl. I love to get my hand dirty or bloody witch ever comes first smile

I work on alot of films doing SFX make-up. On friday  I am working on a film and I have to simulate the after math ofa man  being dragged behind a truck. FUN FUN FUN !!!!! I am very excited the test make-up runs looked toally grosses and real so I think it will be sucsessfull smile

I love to make people beautiful but if I can make them look real and discusting my day is compleate. smile

Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

www.deadlydesignmakeupartistry.com (shamless plug check it out to see my sfx stuff)

Jun 13 06 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

hallopino

Palatine, Illinois, US

Sounds like a good gig.

I got called in for Friday to do make up for a Spongebob Documentary? I'm pretty confused and lacking a lot of info on the job at the moment.

Good to see all the peeps outt here doing some of the cool make up stuff

Jun 14 06 11:02 am Link

Makeup Artist

DreadDoll

Me too me too:D

SFX is the most fun....

Jun 14 06 06:57 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Hutchings

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I love SFX!!! You get to be so creative! Beauty if fun too of course but it's always fun to get a little dirty!

Jun 14 06 10:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Deyanne Holmes

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

FX is a nice change from beauty makeup. I've done my share of cuts, gashes, blood and bruises but there's a particularly nice burn on my page if you'd like to check it out!!

Deyanne

Jun 14 06 10:30 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Anatomy FX

Toms River, New Jersey, US

11 year FX veteran here. I make my living with creepy crawlies. It is indeed a blast. I'm just finishing up a project right now that required me to build some cool looking demons. From there, I move onto a feature where I have to build several silicone bodies for the aftermath of an ax-murderer. THEN... I need to build an articulated prehistoric cave bear skeleton for another feature where the skeleton come to life and kills a few folks.

Jun 19 06 01:50 am Link

Makeup Artist

Anatomy FX

By the way... Ashley... I dig the face on the airbrushed girl in your port. Reminds me of Priss from Bladerunner... very cool!

Jun 19 06 01:53 am Link

Photographer

Israel Kendall

Trenton, North Carolina, US

chupacabra wrote:
By the way... Ashley... I dig the face on the airbrushed girl in your port. Reminds me of Priss from Bladerunner... very cool!

Hey, stay the hell aways from my goats!

Jun 19 06 02:19 am Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

I do a bit.  I can apply the prosthetics, but I don't do the life casts or make the appliances.  And do basic character make-up.   Not often in for print work, but more broadcast/film.

Jun 19 06 02:22 am Link

Makeup Artist

Anatomy FX

Thanks for getting the reference, Israel

Jun 19 06 02:43 am Link