Forums > General Industry > How do you put a copyright in a picture?

Photographer

AVR Photography

Lawrenceville, Georgia, US

The person I had doing some of my editing is no longer with me. How do I put a copyright with company name on/in a picture? For some reason I am having one heck of a hard time getting it to stay. I am using PSP8 and I have it written, but can not get it to stick.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Art

Jun 13 06 10:08 am Link

Photographer

Thomasio

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Photoshop... are you using layers?

If you are adding the text with a layer, you can "flatten image" which collapses all of the layers into one, then save the image.

Stupid question, but are you remembering to save the file? Maybe you are saving it to a location that you aren't expecting, and it isn't "sticking" because you are loading the original file?

Also check your opacity: is it set to 0%? (It is in the layers properties box, usually at the right hand side of your screen.)

Thomas

Jun 13 06 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Michael Alberti

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

I do it by making a new file with the copyright in text. Then save it as a brush. You then can use the brush on any pic.

Jun 13 06 10:29 am Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Paint Shop Pro? Try This:

1.Select the Text tool from the Paint toolbox
2.With your cursor now a text tool, click anywhere inside the image to launch the Add Text dialog
3.Enter the text string in the field (your copyright text) and make your selections regarding color, font size, font face, etc, then click OK
4.You should now see the text string as a movable object that you can position anywhere on the image. When you find the desired location to drop the text string, right-click on the image. This will "stick" the text string where you positioned it.
5. Make any final changes to the image as desired and save.

Hope this helped!

Jun 13 06 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

revolution photography

Los Angeles, California, US

You shouldn't have to 'flatten' the image, simply saving it as a jpg will do that.

Chris
::rev

Jun 13 06 09:44 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Watermark your Photos for Copy Protection
http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photos … ermark.htm

How To Add a Text Watermark Over a Photo in Photoshop 5.5 or higher
http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photos … ermark.htm

Jun 13 06 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

PDXImaging

Lake Oswego, Oregon, US

If you're using Windows and Photoshop, the quickest way I know is to go to character map in Windows, copy the symbol and add it as a text to the image via Photoshop, then save it as a jpg...

Jun 13 06 10:37 pm Link