Forums > General Industry > Does anyone agree...

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

Langley, British Columbia, Canada

I'm probably gonna get some drama for this but I have been noticing lately that MM has become quite a hatefull place, what's this all about? we are all here to promote our work...

Most of the threads on this forum end up in drama or people hating on eachother and I don't see why..
I see people getting slagged of for no reason, does it really matter how others look? Everybody has appeal in a different way, we are all different and beautiful no matter what shape, height, size or colour...we can all be succesfull if we have what it takes and that doesn't always mean being super tall and slim, i mean Kelly Osbourne just signed a model contract and my 5 ft 2 and chunky butt isn't  doing bad either..

The nastyness, hating and racial tensions on here really are not fun you guys, focus on your own work and things rather then moan and worry about others..

This is ment to be a place to make contacts, promote our work etc not for picking fights..

be nice to echother!

Jun 13 06 08:13 am Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Okay. Sorry.

Jun 13 06 08:15 am Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

When you hide behind a keyboard, you can let your true self shine. So what you see may not always be pretty, but you get a firm grasp on where people really stand with things.

That's what I think.

Jun 13 06 08:16 am Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

Yeah, I agree. I still check in every now and then, like with this thread.

Jun 13 06 08:16 am Link

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

MMDesign wrote:
Okay. Sorry.

eh?

I was not pointing to anyone in particular as there's has been lots of drama going on lately..
It's just such a shame..

Jun 13 06 08:17 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Kerosene wrote:
I'm probably gonna get some drama for this but I have been noticing lately that MM has become quite a hatefull place, what's this all about? we are all here to promote our work...

Most of the threads on this forum end up in drama or people hating on eachother and I don't see why..
I see people getting slagged of for no reason, does it really matter how others look? Everybody has appeal in a different way, we are all different and beautiful no matter what shape, height, size or colour...we can all be succesfull if we have what it takes and that doesn't always mean being super tall and slim, i mean Kelly Osbourne just signed a model contract and my 5 ft 2 and chunky butt isn't  doing bad either..

The nastyness, hating and racial tensions on here really are not fun you guys, focus on your own work and things rather then moan and worry about others..

This is ment to be a place to make contacts, promote our work etc not for picking fights..

be nice to echother!

I disagree! Ok, I just wanted to keep the negative trend alive and well...

Anytime you put a group of people in a room, you will inevitably get arguments and disagreements. Most people hate admitting they are wrong.

Those of us that are right, Hate seeing wrong people giving bad advice.

Those that are wrong then become defensive and accuse those of us that are right of all sorts of stuff, from being bad photographers, to being GWC, to being racist / nazis / Bush Lovers.

Also, Please note that any conversation that causes an arguement will eventuall lead to politics, and from there to Bush, who will then be compared to Hitler.

Since I already took care of all that above, I think we can say that this thread will miss those 3 pages.

smile

People, Can't live with them, Can't shoot them all either!

Jun 13 06 08:18 am Link

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

BCI Photo wrote:
When you hide behind a keyboard, you can let your true self shine. So what you see may not always be pretty, but you get a firm grasp on where people really stand with things.

That's what I think.

true but there's a fine line in between being rude and giving constructive critisism...plus if someone is not asking for anyone's opinion then why bother?

seems like a waste of time to me..

nothing in live is 'pretty'..

I respect your honesty in admitting being two faced, not all people will admit so..

Jun 13 06 08:19 am Link

Model

Cristal Steverson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

BCI Photo wrote:

That's what I think.

And I have never agreed with you more!  This is the truest statement of all statements made on a message board ever.

Jun 13 06 08:21 am Link

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

Ty Simone wrote:
I disagree! Ok, I just wanted to keep the negative trend alive and well...

Anytime you put a group of people in a room, you will inevitably get arguments and disagreements. Most people hate admitting they are wrong.

Those of us that are right, Hate seeing wrong people giving bad advice.

Those that are wrong then become defensive and accuse those of us that are right of all sorts of stuff, from being bad photographers, to being GWC, to being racist / nazis / Bush Lovers.

Also, Please note that any conversation that causes an arguement will eventuall lead to politics, and from there to Bush, who will then be compared to Hitler.

Since I already took care of all that above, I think we can say that this thread will miss those 3 pages.

smile

People, Can't live with them, Can't shoot them all either!

I just don't see the use of doing so on a model forum, I don't think you can just judge others and say 'their work is bad' sometimes it's good to keep things to yourself unless the person has asked for it..

What you say is funny because yes most f the drama always ends up in racial, political issues which seems silly to me aswell, it's a friggin model site arent we here to be productive and work on our carreers rather then shit stirring?!!

Jun 13 06 08:22 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Now you're making me angry smile

Jun 13 06 08:23 am Link

Model

Cristal Steverson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Kerosene wrote:

true but there's a fine line in between being rude and giving constructive critisism...plus if someone is not asking for anyone's opinion then why bother?

seems like a waste of time to me..

Because you run almost no risk of reprepercussion.
I read a bumber sticker today that said "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"
MM Message boards are like "What would you say if you knew you could not get punched in the mouth, shot, or fired"

Jun 13 06 08:25 am Link

Photographer

KT Imaging

New York, New York, US

Agreed.  That's why I havn't bothered posting, instead, just observing.   Seems people are trying to outdo each other in hate.

Kerosene wrote:

be nice to echother!

Jun 13 06 08:25 am Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Kerosene wrote:

I just don't see the use of doing so on a model forum, I don't think you can just judge others and say 'their work is bad' sometimes it's good to keep things to yourself unless the person has asked for it..

What you say is funny because yes most f the drama always ends up in racial, political issues which seems silly to me aswell, it's a friggin model site!!

Why shouldnt models discuss race and politics? We have already covered TFP, agencies, and weight. As long as people aren't using people's MM#'s, links, or names, I don't really care. There are definately some instigators on here though!

Jun 13 06 08:26 am Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

I'm sorry too.  Can I get a hug?

Jun 13 06 08:26 am Link

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

Cristal Steverson wrote:

Because you run almost no risk of reprepercussion.
I read a bumber sticker today that said "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"
MM Message boards are like "What would you say if you knew you could not get punched in the mouth, shot, or fired"

why always having to 'say' and 'speak' why not focus on youself and live and let live...?

Jun 13 06 08:27 am Link

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

oops;)

Jun 13 06 08:28 am Link

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

markcomp wrote:

hehe

Jun 13 06 08:29 am Link

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

markcomp wrote:

ofcourse, I give the best hugs in town!

:p

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

:p

Model

Cristal Steverson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Kerosene wrote:
why always having to 'say' and 'speak' why not focus on youself and live and let live...?

That is one of the many purposes of the handy dandy forum...

And the ability to leave comments on pictures...

And send PMs

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

Cristal Steverson wrote:

That is one of the many purposes of the handy dandy forum

Thats what we have a critique forum for;)

Jun 13 06 08:30 am Link

Model

Cristal Steverson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Kerosene wrote:

Thats what we have a critique forum for;)

I wasnt necessarily just talking about critiquing pictures but when you start to talk about any topic in the forums, you have to expect both sides.

Jun 13 06 08:33 am Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Kerosene wrote:

eh?

I was not pointing to anyone in particular as there's has been lots of drama going on lately..
It's just such a shame..

I was joking. Most people don't know how to disagree without getting personal, offended, etc.. The fine art of discourse has been lost to the art of poorly grammer'd typing (of which this last sentence may be an example).

Jun 13 06 08:34 am Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Kerosene wrote:

I am going to be really pedantic now and say if we DID think like that..you included..then this thread wouldnt have been started because you would have focused on yourself and lived n let live tongue

Its what forums do the net over .
Being only human and humans never all getting on that well people clash and sometimes it comes in waves.
Tidal waves lately I will admit mind you big_smile

Jun 13 06 08:37 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Let's talk about Leppercauns and modeling.  How many feel it is appropriate?

Photographer

Gerrit du Toit

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

I have to say, it all has been loads of fun reading all these posts, Bad spelling and grammar(thats me) is bad, But as I cant do better, its still fun posting. comment whoring, is bad, but the people who do it seem to be having fun. GWC are bad, but they have fun. GWP are bad, but they have fun. Good photographers are great, and they get work from here, and have fun. Great models are great, and they get work from here and have fun. Then there is a group for everyone of the above mentioned groups, that live to see if they can ridicule belittle and P... off the peole in the groups mentioned above. Why they are here I dont know, but it seems they are having fun so>>.................. I say take it from where it comes, and have fun on here, seems to be what works best.

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

MMDesign wrote:

I was joking. Most people don't know how to disagree without getting personal, offended, etc.. The fine art of discourse has been lost to the art of poorly grammer'd typing (of which this last sentence may be an example).

ofcourse dissagreeing is one thing and i did not find your post offending at all, just the replies back to it people saying 'she's ugly etc etc' I find this to be rather rude..

I have always seem photography as art and a true artists should be openminded and creative which means respecting beauty and seeing beauty in many forms..

Jun 13 06 08:38 am Link

Model

Sirensong

Let's talk about Leppercauns and modeling.  How many feel it is appropriate?

Leper modelling?
Well I suppose they would give up and throw in their hand after a short time big_smile

Jun 13 06 08:39 am Link

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

Cristal Steverson wrote:

I wasnt necessarily just talking about critiquing pictures but when you start to talk about any topic in the forums, you have to expect both sides.

ofcourse! and there's a place for both sides which is great and I love a good debate I'm just pointing out the difference between dissagreeing and being rude..

for example: I find it to be rude and pointless to call a person 'ugly' or nasty on a forum because this can be hurtfull and is rude..

example:

'This model is so friggin ugly! her boobs are nasty and she's fat etc etc..'

or

'This is not the type of model I would personally be interested in working with as she does not live up to my requirements for models'

Jun 13 06 08:42 am Link

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

Sirensong wrote:

I am going to be really pedantic now and say if we DID think like that..you included..then this thread wouldnt have been started because you would have focused on yourself and lived n let live tongue

Its what forums do the net over .
Being only human and humans never all getting on that well people clash and sometimes it comes in waves.
Tidal waves lately I will admit mind you big_smile

yes but I'm giving an opinion without being rude..

Jun 13 06 08:44 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

I have been on one forum in my many years where I never really saw bashing people. It was the Battlestar Galactica forums.
The worse that went on there was when one poster would weekly (or weakly) post the errors in the last episode, and everyone else would debunk them and then ask him if it was so bad why he kept watching. smile

I have been called a racist on here. And it's really funny to me, Because I am not racist. I hate everyone equally!

Jun 13 06 08:54 am Link

Photographer

Xtreme-websites

Sunbury, England, United Kingdom

hi kerosene your it should matter how someone look's it is how well they do the job that matter's by the way you look so sexy.

aquila

Jun 13 06 08:55 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Ramen noodles and ghetto water will make you happy again!

big_smile

Jun 13 06 08:55 am Link

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

Model Sarah wrote:

Ramen noodles and ghetto water will make you happy again!

big_smile

mmmm Ramen noodles!!

Jun 13 06 08:57 am Link

Model

Sirensong

Kerosene wrote:

yes but I'm giving an opinion without being rude..

Very true.
The thing is many people seem to mix up the whole"keeping it real"attitude with rudeness and then the crap hits the fan around here.

Jun 13 06 08:59 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm fairly new here and was hoping to avoid all the problems you brought to light. I usually lurk and listen in an effort to learn but that gets boring and isn't helpful to anyone but me. Hence not very rewarding. I've noticed that there are only a few contentious people that submit to these forums. I've also noticed they have a very specific agenda. They use the issue at hand as a launching point to change the focus onto themselves. Then the bragging and name-calling begins. I've seen this phenomenon on every newsgroup or forum I have participated in. We all want acceptance and we all want to feel we are good at what we do. None of us is alone in this issue. In my day job I deal with strong willed people that own big egos. I have learned to diffuse these personality points with a self-deprecating manner that seems to soothe them. I need their cooperation and I can't succeed without it. I have to concentrate on what they need from me and not clash with them over who is bigger and badder. In the end it serves us both very well and I earn their respect. If we concentrate on simply trying to help one another here, we can accomplish the same thing.

Jun 13 06 09:09 am Link

Photographer

REPhotography

San Diego, California, US

Think of it sort of like high school.  You have your little clicks, and some of them dont get along with each other...but yet we are all here.  If someone feels the need to belittle another, thats probably just showing their ignorance or their need to make themselves feel better by belittling someone else.  It was said earlier that everyone is different and everyone has their own qualities, so very true, and thats what makes the workd great and interesting.  The way one person sees things isnt the same as another, Thank god!!  can you imagine what photography would be like then?  The world?  And not everyones skill level is the same.  It takes practice and skill.  This is true for everything that you would like to excell at.  So maybe before you bash someone for "not being tall enough", "having a terrible eye" or whatever, think about where you were at one time and be constructive not destructive.  Thank you, I'll put my soap box away now...  smile 
-Rob

Jun 13 06 09:27 am Link

Model

Cristal Steverson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Sirensong wrote:

Very true.
The thing is many people seem to mix up the whole"keeping it real"attitude with rudeness and then the crap hits the fan around here.

Right.
But like I said if you are thinking "She Sucks!", it's alot easier to just type that without being politically correct or considerate... but many feel that they can just say exactly what they feel and be rude as hell because they are hiding behind keyboards and dont have to worry about the repercussion.

Jun 13 06 09:31 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

I've been guilty of starting and adding to some pretty angry threads usually about
race.  I do try and keep things fair and balanced but like many people I have
my own bias and view.  Whats disturbing to me is how many people even when they disagree with a person seem so callous or unwilling to try and understand how
other people of a group might feel.  As BCI and Crystal pointed out though because
there are mostly no repercussions so people let their crap fly.  I'm not always so
sure if we are getting a total snapshot of who and what they are as sometimes
people say things just to provoke a reaction.  I don't expect people to agree with me but I would hope that we can try and find common ground.  There was a recent
thread that really became nasty.   Sometimes these things happen because of the
'I thought you said but no I meant well I felt you were saying,' syndrome.  When
in doubt ask for a clear meaning to what a person is saying.

Jun 13 06 10:13 am Link