Forums > Newbie Forum > I am trying to start a portfolio...

Model

Rhiannon Rose

I do not, and I seriously mean do not want to be paid for my very first photo shoot. I am wondering if it would be out of line for me to only want to pay a photographer for the pictures and not a rate. I am extremely new to the modeling world and I am still learning soo much. I would greatly appreciate some input from photographers out there. I would like to know if I should pay them reguardless. The way I look at it, we could benefit from eachother. If I am someone they would like to work with, would it be enough for me to be helping them put together their own portfolio? I am not trying to come off as selfish. I'm really not. I am just a newbie that needs advice. Thank you for your time and consideration. I really appreciate any help I get with this. I just want to know what is right from the photographer's point of view. Thank you again...
                                   *~*Rhiannon*~*

Jun 11 06 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

Gray Line Studios

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

I would recomened working with a photog who work you like, but also doesn't have lots of expreience. Come up with a concept together and do a shoot. This way you both benefit.

If you are willing to come to VA, I would love to shoot with you.

Jun 11 06 07:54 pm Link

Model

Rhiannon Rose

Gray Line Studios wrote:
I would recomened working with a photog who work you like, but also doesn't have lots of expreience. Come up with a concept together and do a shoot. This way you both benefit.

If you are willing to come to VA, I would love to shoot with you.

Thank you for the advice smile
It just so happens that I go out to VA often.

Jun 11 06 08:04 pm Link

Model

Rhiannon Rose

To be completely honest, I do not think that your style of photography is what I am interested in for myself. I have plenty of ideas, and I am afraid they clash with your style.

Jun 11 06 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

Gray Line Studios

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

Let me know when you are travelingthis way, I try to book 2 weeks in advance (but if I have free time....)
I am open to various types of shoots, I am open to many types.....Look at your calendar and send me message.

Scott
Gray Line Studios

Jun 11 06 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Goldblade Photos

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Have you considered a basic TFP/TFCD deal? There are tons of photographers, like myself, who would be more than willing to go this route to help you with your portfolio. (I'm on the wrong coast, or I'd offer to help out.)

Jun 13 06 03:23 am Link