Forums > General Industry > THIS is what defines a GWC!

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

So I'm looking at the comments that one of the models I work with had on a picture we did (as I tend to do considering their ports tend to get higher views and comments than mine) and one of the comments was:

"Wow, very hot and sexy. Love your wet mouth, it looks delicious. You look very ready to ride:)"

Now if there is any speculation on the definition of a GWC then this statement here defines it.

WOW, just WOW!

Jun 11 06 02:03 am Link

Photographer

Rowen

Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, US

LOL! Yep, I think you just might have found the True GWC.

Sad.  But true.

-Ro

Jun 11 06 02:06 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I mean jeez if you're going to be a perverted, crass, asshole at LEAST do it in PM's!

Jun 11 06 02:08 am Link

Photographer

revolution photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Sheesh, that's creepy. Can you rinse it off..?

Nah, this guy's one of the newer breeds.. GWCP!

Chris
::rev

Jun 11 06 02:09 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

revolution photography wrote:
Sheesh, that's creepy. Can you rinse it off..?

Nah, this guy's one of the newer breeds.. GWCP!

Chris
::rev

You know I felt dirty after reading it.

Jun 11 06 02:10 am Link

Photographer

Rowen

Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, US

You can always tell the pros from the amateurs - even IF they are GWC's.

Amateurs see nipples, wet mouths, pussies, etc. and can only comment about how sexy and seductive the woman in the pic is (or how much they'd like to do whatever with her).

Pros see nipples, wet mouths, pussies, etc. and can only comment on how good or poor the shot is, how good or poor the lighting, pose, framing, etc.

Damn!  Hard to believe I now look at many of these naked models and think to myself: wow, now *there's* a great shot!  Awesome shadows, great lighting...nice skin....

Man....I've lost contact with my base crude male self!  LOL!

-Ro

Jun 11 06 02:13 am Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Double True.

Rowen wrote:

Jun 11 06 03:52 am Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

moderation in all things...

Jun 11 06 04:46 am Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

There are a few male model profiles who leave similar comments.

Jun 11 06 05:54 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Ransom J wrote:
So I'm looking at the comments that one of the models I work with had on a picture we did (as I tend to do considering their ports tend to get higher views and comments than mine) and one of the comments was:

"Wow, very hot and sexy. Love your wet mouth, it looks delicious. You look very ready to ride:)"

Now if there is any speculation on the definition of a GWC then this statement here defines it.

WOW, just WOW!

I've seen inappropriate comments and tags like that too.

Now, the real question:  Comments and tags can be deleted.  Why would a model leave obnoxious and crude remarks like that in her portfolio and profile page?

Jun 11 06 07:32 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

Jim Ball wrote:

Now, the real question:  Comments and tags can be deleted.  Why would a model leave obnoxious and crude remarks like that in her portfolio and profile page?

EXACTLY.

Jun 11 06 07:37 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jim Ball wrote:

She hasn't seen it.  She normally doesn't check her comments, just her messages.

Jun 11 06 10:12 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Rowen wrote:
You can always tell the pros from the amateurs - even IF they are GWC's.

Amateurs see nipples, wet mouths, pussies, etc. and can only comment about how sexy and seductive the woman in the pic is (or how much they'd like to do whatever with her).

Pros see nipples, wet mouths, pussies, etc. and can only comment on how good or poor the shot is, how good or poor the lighting, pose, framing, etc.

Damn!  Hard to believe I now look at many of these naked models and think to myself: wow, now *there's* a great shot!  Awesome shadows, great lighting...nice skin....

-Ro

Damn....and I thought I was the only one that reached that point......now when I look a nudes done by others....I check out the highlights in their eyes to see how many and where the lights were placed.....where can I get that background.....accessories......or how the "look" was created.....and the poses done by the model.....oh! you mean I'm supposed to get turned on....damn, I forgot!

Jun 11 06 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Rowen wrote:

-Ro

Careful, you'll be drinking expresso's and wearing berets....

Like I do. (ducks)

Jun 11 06 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

can you send the guy the Craigslists URL

Jun 11 06 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Kruppaworks

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing those types of comments.  I was looking at one model's port with several nudes, one of which mostly had comments like "wow what a perfect body" and "that's hot," or something to that effect.  I found my self thinking that it would have been a perfect shot if the photographer had fixed the small patch of sunlight on the model's left forearm and hand that was harshly out of character with the skin tone.  I also wondered how he got the rest of the lighting so smooth, and whether he airbrushed at all. 

Damn, so much for being a caveman. 

I consider myself an amateur because a) I don't do this for a living (yet), and b) I haven't worked with a lot of models (yet), but I do approach photography seriously and work hard to get good shots.  As for "GWC," we're all GWCs.  It's our work and how we conduct ourselves that distinguishes us from one another.

Jason

Jun 11 06 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Egendorf

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

OK.. I'll probably kick myself for asking, but What do the letters in GWC mean? 

What are you if you mostly think technically of your model during a shoot, but still get aroused too...  Is that a 1/2 GWC? Or a GWC, jr.?

No matter how professional I want to be, I am still human, and I'm still a pillar of heterosexuality.. So I don't see my not getting hot for a model any time soon.  But I do try not to make inappropriate remarks like previously mentioned, and do keep it in my pants.  I'm not much for tact..But even I know that when it comes to how you treat a model, hitting her over the head with overt sexual remarks and oozing sexual perviness is probably gonna make it harder for you to get models and jobs later..  Now, if I can only turn that stupid oozing off....

MainFragger/Brian

Jun 12 06 03:07 am Link

Photographer

Aesthete Studios

Oakland, New Jersey, US

Guy With Camera.

The model could always delete the comment, btw.

Jun 12 06 03:14 am Link

Photographer

Hunter Photography

Ishpeming, Michigan, US

I remember before my first semester of Photography classes back in 2004 (I'm a non-traditional student, married, 32 now and a year from graduation) when I saw a beautiful woman my genera response was "Wow, she's hot. If I were single . . ."

Now my response is "Wow, I'd love to photograph her!" and then usually degenerates into this sick fantasy involving lighting ratio and watt seconds or possibly specific outdoor locations and articles of clothing and poses and such.

Man, am I a sicko . . .

Jun 12 06 03:25 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Brian Egendorf wrote:
OK.. I'll probably kick myself for asking, but What do the letters in GWC mean? 

What are you if you mostly think technically of your model during a shoot, but still get aroused too...  Is that a 1/2 GWC? Or a GWC, jr.?

No matter how professional I want to be, I am still human, and I'm still a pillar of heterosexuality.. So I don't see my not getting hot for a model any time soon.  But I do try not to make inappropriate remarks like previously mentioned, and do keep it in my pants.  I'm not much for tact..But even I know that when it comes to how you treat a model, hitting her over the head with overt sexual remarks and oozing sexual perviness is probably gonna make it harder for you to get models and jobs later..  Now, if I can only turn that stupid oozing off....

MainFragger/Brian

https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=12835

Jun 12 06 03:35 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

One of the biggest disappointments of my photographic career (other than my actual photographs) was the discovery that I just don't have the CPU cycles available to think about photography and t3h s3xx0r at the same time. I mean, I've shot models in a highly specific fetish concept, with stuff I built, using a concept script I wrote, and I *still* didn't get any activity south of the beltline.

Most photographers I discuss this with have the same experience. Mentally, sure, you are trying to make the shot as hot/glamourous/sexy/pretty/whatever as you can. But aside from the occasional autonomic response, I'm too busy worrying about light, angle, composition, frame, etc, to be really groovin' on the scene like you would at, say, a gentleman's club.

M

Jun 12 06 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

Brian Egendorf wrote:
I'm still a pillar of heterosexuality..

What a great visual! I've got to remember that one! ... Can I use it?!?

Jun 12 06 11:35 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Ransom J wrote:
I mean jeez if you're going to be a perverted, crass, asshole at LEAST do it in PM's!

Agreed.

Definitely not what I would call "classy".

Jun 12 06 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Josie Nutter wrote:

Agreed.

Definitely not what I would call "classy".

Sounds good to me... Check your mail, Josie! wink

Jun 12 06 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

Fons Studio

Montreal, Wisconsin, US

This site should have specially designed business cards and offer them to GWCs. Don't forget the word boobies somewhere.

Jun 12 06 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

W__

Bloomfield, Connecticut, US

those types of comments are all over the site.

Jun 12 06 10:38 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

So while guys shoot nude women in abundance, why do we pretend to keep an arm's length distance observing purely through the eyes of academic professionalism and artistry.

If it were merely that sterile, wouldnt we have a wider variety of portfolios filled with incredible shots of cheeseburgers, thimbles, and eyewear?

No, the vast majority of portfolios are packed with beautiful women, many of them nude.  Yet we insist that the fact that though most photographers are male, shooting nude women, this is merely a coincidence, and no we're not fascinated and in love with the female form.  Its purely an expression and exercise of artistic merit in its most intellectual form.

Carry on.  For my part, I love the female form and celebrate it as a photographer and A MALE with fully functional working parts.  Thank you very much.

Jun 12 06 10:52 pm Link

Photographer

M B

Chicago, Illinois, US

the 'Class', the 'Mass' and the 'ASS' .... right?

Jun 12 06 10:59 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Rowen wrote:
I think you just might have found the True GWC.

DUDE! I DID NOT SAY THAT!!

I am kurteous, and I usually private-message the models that I think might want to sleep with me. I only leave TAGs about models' b(o)(o)bies - mouths? Eeeeew. Gross.

Please do not confuse THE TRUE GWC with all the other cheap imitators out there, OK? Or I'll hafta come park my truck on your foot.

GWC!

Jun 12 06 11:05 pm Link