Forums > General Industry > Florida Photogs. Who'd be in your Florida swimsuit calendar?

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

I think all of us Florida photographers know that our state was blessed with some of the most beautiful women on the face of the planet. What I want to know is if you had carte blanche on putting together a 2006 calendar of Florida based swimsuit models, what twelve models would you put in it? And, assuming you get a perfect cover shot from all twelve models, who would you put on the cover? They don't have to be in any particular order. Just the top twelve models you would want to use. Here is my top twelve. Most are locked in stone but there are a few that might change depending on who gets suggested that I might not have thought of.

1) Jessica Barton
2) Jennifer Barton
3) Michelle Moya
4) Marsha Posey
5) C.J. Gibson
6) Raquel Gibson
7) Abby M
8) Mandy Ashford
9) Kelly Clinton
10) Carla Morgan
11) Amanda Dominick
12) Kara Monaco

Cover Girl - Kara Monaco

Jul 19 05 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

There are too many talented and beautiful models in the Tampa Bay Area alone for me to narrow it down to 12.

Jul 19 05 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

There are too many talented and beautiful models in the Tampa Bay Area alone for me to narrow it down to 12.

Give it a shot. I am interested to see what models the Florida photographers think are the best. I tell you what, for you, make it a 2006 swimsuit models of Tampa. It would also give me an idea who I might want to try and work with here in Tampa.

Chris

Jul 19 05 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

The thing is I want to work with more than 12 models, so it wouldn't be wise to leave any names off a list....

Jul 19 05 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

The thing is I want to work with more than 12 models, so it wouldn't be wise to leave any names off a list....

Fair enough. I was just trying to get an idea as to who the photographers thought were some of the top talent in the state. I'll be honest with you. With the exception of maybe four of the girls on my list I know I will probably not get to work with them anytime soon if at all.

Chris

Jul 19 05 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Look at the ports of Doug Swinskey and Richard McGuire around here to see the popular models.

Or you can discover a beautiful model no one knows about yet....

Jul 19 05 01:18 pm Link

Model

Shayuma

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Man....I'm in Ohio..

Jul 19 05 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

Look at the ports of Doug Swinskey and Richard McGuire around here to see the popular models.

Then there is Andy McFarland in Daytona. He has worked with almost if not every model on my list.

Jul 19 05 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Posted by Shayuma: 
Man....I'm in Ohio..

Okay, you can be an honorary Floridian for this.

Jul 19 05 01:24 pm Link

Model

CarolineVictoria

Beverly Hills, California, US

I visit FL thruout the year, does that count lol.

Jul 19 05 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Christopher Wright: 

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

Then there is Andy McFarland in Daytona. He has worked with almost if not every model on my list.

There are a ton of good shooters in South Florida as well. I'm just now starting to meet them and find out who is who. Some of the best don't have a huge internet presence because they are too busy as it is.

Jul 19 05 01:27 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Posted by CarolineVictoria: 
I visit FL thruout the year, does that count lol.

We're pretty laid back here in Florida. So the rules aren't really enforced. If you have shot in Florida you can be an honorary Floridian.

Chris

Jul 19 05 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Oh Chris my man!!!!  I so think you're looking to get into trouble with this...  LOL!!!  Never rile the lady or you may rue the day... 

Put yourself in this position... The ladies wanna know who the top 12 shooters are in Florida, ooppss, U didn't make the cut.. How would you feel??  How would you feel about working with one of those ladies that didn't  put you on the list??

I know what you're getting at and it's not all bad.. But as Herb said, there's a lot more then 12 lovelies, or 16 if ya wanna an extended calendar, in Tampa Bay... And if I remember correctly, all those ladies, lovely as they are, I believe are more then, shall we say, ample in the bossom area????  And believe me, there are some girls here I think would be on that list that aren't nearly as "ample", but would make a calendar hot, hot, hot.....  :-)

Hope you don't get a rash of hate mail now!!!  :-D

Jul 19 05 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Okay, I guess this post was a bad idea. I wasn't trying to slight any of the models here in Florida. I was just trying to get any idea as to what the top twelve professional models in this state were. I honestly had trouble narrowing it down to 12. I easily could think of at least 50 models that can be in this calendar. So let's kill this post. Please no one else respond to it and it a moderator peeks in, please kill this thread. Again, I meant no malice. Sorry.

Chris

Jul 19 05 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Test

I'm sorry, the answer was, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED???  LOL!!!

Jul 19 05 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Posted by Keith aka Wolfie: 

Test

I'm sorry, the answer was, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED???  LOL!!!

I was trying to put up another post to apoligize if this post was being taken the wrong way and everything went fubar on me. Anytime I tried to post it would error our. I just did a quick test one when I finally got it work again.

Jul 19 05 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Yea, same thing happen to me on another forum post..  Thought I was going nuts...  Well, that might be dabateable...  LOL!!!

Oh, my bad!!  I posted.... Ignore this all modrators...  Sorry Chris...

Jul 19 05 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I think it was a test.

Tyler was debating whether to let Florida photogs post anymore after this thread.

I guess we keep out posting rights for now....

Jul 19 05 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Funny thing is that if I think of 12 girls, most of you would not know them... and none of the ones mentioned would make the cut, not cuz they are bad looking, cuz obviously Michelle Moya is gorgeous and kara made playboy playmate.. but there are soooooo many girls in Miami to pick from!

Jul 19 05 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

There's no shortage in South Beach.

Beautiful images Dax.

I love the glitter shot.

Jul 19 05 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Posted by XtremeArtists: 
There's no shortage in South Beach.

Beautiful images Dax.

I love the glitter shot.

Thank you very much!

Jul 19 05 04:39 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Posted by Dax: 
cuz obviously Michelle Moya is gorgeous 

Have you worked with Michelle? She's a friend of mine and I am finally going to get to work with her in September. That is as long as she doesn't get a gig that takes her out of town the weekend I'll be in Miami. She has a cameo in the upcoming remake of Bad News Bears as a Hooters girl.

Jul 19 05 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Maria Lankina

Miami Beach, Florida, US

DAx one of them GOT to be me smile lol if i stilll modeled:)   https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=2304

Jul 23 05 08:17 pm Link

Model

KrissyF8388

Palm Bay, Florida, US

I agree...Fl rocks...lol

Jul 23 05 08:25 pm Link

Model

Lisa Fortier

Cocoa, Florida, US

I think all of us Florida photographers know that our state was blessed with some of the most beautiful women on the face of the planet. What I want to know is if you had carte blanche on putting together a 2006 calendar of Florida based swimsuit models, what twelve models would you put in it? And, assuming you get a perfect cover shot from all twelve models, who would you put on the cover? They don't have to be in any particular order. Just the top twelve models you would want to use. Here is my top twelve. Most are locked in stone but there are a few that might change depending on who gets suggested that I might not have thought of.

1) Jessica Barton
2) Jennifer Barton
3) Michelle Moya
4) Marsha Posey
5) C.J. Gibson
6) Raquel Gibson
7) Abby M
8) Mandy Ashford
9) Kelly Clinton
10) Carla Morgan
11) Amanda Dominick
12) Kara Monaco

Cover Girl - Kara Monaco

Well what a bummer, I didn't see my name on that list... :-(
Guess I'm just too dern old.....
Hmmm....maybe if I moved to another state I'd have better luck there.  LOL

Jul 23 05 08:27 pm Link

Model

KrissyF8388

Palm Bay, Florida, US

Posted by Lisa Fortier: 

1) Jessica Barton
2) Jennifer Barton
3) Michelle Moya
4) Marsha Posey
5) C.J. Gibson
6) Raquel Gibson
7) Abby M
8) Mandy Ashford
9) Kelly Clinton
10) Carla Morgan
11) Amanda Dominick
12) Kara Monaco

Cover Girl - Kara Monaco

Well what a bummer, I didn't see my name on that list... :-(
Guess I'm just too dern old.....
Hmmm....maybe if I moved to another state I'd have better luck there.  LOL

Lisa it seems we are from the same area...

Jul 23 05 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Posted by Dax: 

Have you worked with Michelle? She's a friend of mine and I am finally going to get to work with her in September. That is as long as she doesn't get a gig that takes her out of town the weekend I'll be in Miami. She has a cameo in the upcoming remake of Bad News Bears as a Hooters girl. 

Nope.. I have not shot her.. but we have partied a few times! smile We have talked about shooting.. but have not set anything up!

Jul 24 05 03:06 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Posted by Dax: 

Posted by Dax: 

Nope.. I have not shot her.. but we have partied a few times! smile We have talked about shooting.. but have not set anything up!

She's one of those girls that when you look at her you know there's a God and when you get to know her you are thanking God. Stunningly beautiful and an absolute sweetheart, dangerous combination.

Jul 24 05 07:55 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Rodgers

DELAND, Florida, US

Sooo, Many models to choose from, must get a commitee going and look at each one and vote. 

Jul 24 05 09:49 am Link